Author Topic: Was Mark Rowley wrong to claim that Madeleine McCann was abducted?  (Read 42902 times)

Offline Admin

Was Mark Rowley wrong to claim that Madeleine McCann was abducted?

This issue appears to have unsettled members so instead of bashing each other across the threads and effectively causing disruption and extra work for the moderators and editors, let us discuss it here.

• On what basis is Rowley making this claim?
  • Were his words badly chosen?
  • Should he clarify his position?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8138.msg400450#msg400450

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:55:27 AM by John »

ferryman

Re: Was Mark Rowley wrong to claim that Madeleine McCann was abducted?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »

This issue appears to have unsettled members so instead of bashing each other across the threads and effectively causing disruption and extra work for the moderators and editors, let us discuss it here.

There is nothing (in the files available publicly) to gainsay abduction, and evidently nothing in the information available to Mark Rowley (who knows more than we do) to gainsay ABDUCTION.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:32:28 PM by Admin »

ferryman

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »
So the answer to the question is NO

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »
Trouble is Rowley tied himself up in so many knots imo he forgot what he had said,this is from earlier in the broadcast,question to and answer from Rowley.

Q: You’ve described it as a ‘unique’ case. Why is it unique?
MR: I think it’s unique in two or three respects. First of all the way its captured attention in different
countries is quite unusual. You’ll get a very high-profile case in a particular country, the way it has
captured interest across countries, I think is significant. The length of it. And it’s unusual to have a
case like this where you’re doing a missing persons investigation, where ten years on, we still don’t
have definitive evidence about exactly what’s happened. And that’s why we’re open minded, even if
we have to be pessimistic about the prospects, we are open minded because we don’t have definitive
evidence about what happened to Madeleine.

So if there is no definitive evidence how can he claim there was an abduction?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

ferryman

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
Trouble is Rowley tied himself up in so many knots imo he forgot what he had said,this is from earlier in the broadcast,question to and answer from Rowley.

Is Madeleine alive or dead?

Is she being held captive somewhere against her will?

Those are the questions the shelved enquiry couldn't answer.

(At least some of us) hope Operation Grange will.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:25:34 AM by John »

Offline barrier

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
Is Madeleine alive or dead?

Is she being held captive somewhere against her will?

Those are the questions the shelved enquiry couldn't answer.

(At least some of us) hope Operation Grange will.

Break down what Rowley said which is what the thread is about,look at the quoted piece I used,

Q: You’ve described it as a ‘unique’ case. Why is it unique?
MR: I think it’s unique in two or three respects. First of all the way its captured attention in different
countries is quite unusual. You’ll get a very high-profile case in a particular country, the way it has
captured interest across countries, I think is significant. The length of it. And it’s unusual to have a
case like this where you’re doing a missing persons investigation, where ten years on, we still don’t
have definitive evidence about exactly what’s happened. And that’s why we’re open minded, even if
we have to be pessimistic about the prospects, we are open minded because we don’t have definitive
evidence about what happened to Madeleine.

Having said this how could he then go on to claim abduction?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:32:42 PM by Admin »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »
quite simply.....the archiving report for reasons we do not know...practically ruled out woke and wandered...perhaps teh portuguse should have shared their reasoning. The fact is they said it was highly unlikely and they had all the evidence. Posters here claiming it should remeber this.

It seems both the current portuguese and Sy do not consider that the McCanns were involved...that appears to be clear

that leaves abduction.....This is what i have been saying for several years and it looks as though both the portuguese and SY agree wiyh my logic

Offline Admin

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »

For Rowley to state that "all options were open" and follow it with "Madeleine was abducted" was a significant folly.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:33:55 PM by Admin »

Offline barrier

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
For Rowley to state that "all options were open" and follow it with "Madeleine was abducted" was a folly of great incompetence.

But possibly of significance he never limited it to wholly and solely stranger abduction did he?

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

In my view Mark Rowley merely offered an opinion in stating that whichever way the child left the apartment she was abducted, I also believe he was very foolish to state what he did when the forensics tell a different story.  His remark suggesting the child wasn't old enough to leave home and set up somewhere on her own says it all really imo.  He clearly forgot that the child could have left the apartment of her own choosing and been abducted from the street outside.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:26:32 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »
In my view Mark Rowley merely offered an opinion in stating that whichever way the child left the apartment she was abducted, I also believe he was very foolish to state what he did when the forensics tell a different story.  His remark suggesting the child wasn't old enough to leave home and set up somewhere on her own says it all really imo.  He clearly forgot that the child could have left the apartment of her own choosing and been abducted from the street outside.
Maybe, Operation Grange KNOW who did it ... but are NOT yet able to reveal anything.

Have you thought of that John ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »

it seems that the archiving report has reasons that rule out woke and wandered.....and they have more information tahn we do

ferryman

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
it seems that the archiving report has reasons that rule out woke and wandered.....and they have more information tahn we do

Also the final PJ report.

Offline barrier

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

So would you agree then that SY never went back to the very beginning their beginning started at the archival.

ferryman

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »
So would you agree then that SY never went back to the very beginning their beginning started at the archival.

SY reviewed all the material in the file, from which they were satisfied Madeleine was abducted, and sought to progress matters from there.