Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509963 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3840 on: May 31, 2019, 02:41:01 AM »
One thing that is certain is the when the doors were deadlocked by the parents as they left to go to the Tapas they took the only key with them.

If a door is deadlocked and people are inside they should have ready access to the key.
Whether Portugal followed the fire standards of other countries I'm not sure.

"Fire safety measures that SHOULD be included in your home"  https://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/page.php?id=297

Every house or home unit should have an adequate number of approved (AS3786) working smoke alarms installed that are tested regularly

Make sure keys to all locked doors are readily accessible.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3841 on: May 31, 2019, 07:06:56 AM »
One thing that is certain is the when the doors were deadlocked by the parents as they left to go to the Tapas they took the only key with them.

If a door is deadlocked and people are inside they should have ready access to the key.

"Fire safety measures that SHOULD be included in your home"  https://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/page.php?id=297

Every house or home unit should have an adequate number of approved (AS3786) working smoke alarms installed that are tested regularly

Not sure he took his key, if Amaral's right:

There is a report from Control Risks, the first private detective agency which was brought to the case [by the McCanns] in the very first days, where they state, after speaking with Gerald McCann and other witnesses in that group [Tapas 9], that the key that Mr. Gerald McCann alleges to have used had in fact been left in the kitchen, in the kitchen’s counter. Right away, the lies started. (Gonçalo Amaral)

There's a bunch of keys on top of the passports (photo 18) on what looks like a chest-of-drawers, with the caption
"Personal things and valuables in perfect order" https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_PHOTO_REPORT.htm
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_PHOTO_REPORT.htm

GM's arguido statement:
He does not remember if he had taken his mobile phone to the restaurant. He is under the impression that he did not take anything with him, except maybe his wallet.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3842 on: May 31, 2019, 07:51:37 AM »
The fact that Mark Rowley said "odd" ones tells you (all of us I hope) that it isn't most headlines in general but most of the odd ones only.

I took to mean there were irregular stories and most were nonsense.
He could have course meant the even ones were sound.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3843 on: May 31, 2019, 08:34:35 AM »
I took to mean there were irregular stories and most were nonsense.
He could have course meant the even ones were sound.
Odd and even!  Who's counting?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3844 on: May 31, 2019, 07:45:52 PM »

Are you thinking along the lines of -if the children perished in a fire it would be someone elses fault?

The philpots killed their 6 children(whom they loved) by setting fire to their house- not having fire alarms or smoke detectors didn't make them less guilty of their death!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3845 on: May 31, 2019, 08:20:15 PM »

Are you thinking along the lines of -if the children perished in a fire it would be someone elses fault?

The philpots killed their 6 children(whom they loved) by setting fire to their house- not having fire alarms or smoke detectors didn't make them less guilty of their death!

Do you believe they really loved their children ?
Or are you being facetious?
Not really sure ?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3846 on: May 31, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »
Do you believe they really loved their children ?
Or are you being facetious?
Not really sure ?

You care what I think? Really?  lol Oh  you want to tell me what I think...tsk

You won't answer my questions I don't answer yours. That is how I operate. ^*&&
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3847 on: May 31, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »
You care what I think? Really?  lol Oh  you want to tell me what I think...tsk

You won't answer my questions I don't answer yours. That is how I operate. ^*&&

Thank you for your reply to my post
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #3848 on: June 04, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »
I'm not a lawyer as such but I'd imagine if it could be proven the OC staff knew the parents were leaving the children in deadlocked buildings so they could dine alone at the OC Tapas Restaurant and that eventuality happened (the block had burned down and all the children had perished) some lawyer would take out a class action against the firm.
Yeh, that's not how it works Bob.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3849 on: June 04, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »
Yeh, that's not how it works Bob.
As I said I'm not a lawyer, but it is a known fact that OC or MW hired Bell Pottinger the following day.
It appears to me the firms were taking action to prevent it getting worse. 
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3850 on: June 04, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »
As I said I'm not a lawyer, but it is a known fact that OC or MW hired Bell Pottinger the following day.
It appears to me the firms were taking action to prevent it getting worse.
I believe, and I'll have to find the facts, Bell Pottinger were already coincidentally appointed by MW. Could be wrong.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3851 on: June 04, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
I believe, and I'll have to find the facts, Bell Pottinger were already coincidentally appointed by MW. Could be wrong.
Memory for all the details!  I seem to remember that was something separate and in England, not in Portugal as was the McCann incident.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3852 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
Memory for all the details!  I seem to remember that was something separate and in England, not in Portugal as was the McCann incident.
Badabing. Waddayagadadoo?
Michael Frolich, Head of Resonate, subsidiary of international PR company Bell Pottinger was already there by Monday 30 April.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3853 on: June 04, 2019, 09:49:30 PM »
Badabing. Waddayagadadoo?
Michael Frolich, Head of Resonate, subsidiary of international PR company Bell Pottinger was already there by Monday 30 April.
And what was he doing there?  Was he still there on the 3rd?
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3854 on: June 04, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
And what was he doing there?  Was he still there on the 3rd?
No. A referral was made to their crisis management arm and Alex Woolfall.
All very odd, but just circumstance and coincidence.