Author Topic: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!  (Read 250720 times)

Offline Luz

Re: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!
« Reply #735 on: November 13, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
Wasn't she beaten inside of the police premisses then ?

Of course she wasn't. She had been there only with her lawyer when she confessed to the murder. All that happened there was a faked attempted suicide by jumping down the stairs - that if you know it, (I mean the stairs) makes a suicide impossible.

The day she made the confession - I think it was the 13th October - was the last day she was there, and that is why, later on, the chief of the prison guards appeared alleging the Director had asked him to falsify the registry of the inmates movements to the exterior.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #736 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
It seems to me that on this forum you can either...........................
1.Hate the McCanns and adore Amaral or
2.Adore the McCanns and Hate Amaral
 What have the McCanns got to do with the Joana caso (Leonor Cipriano' appeal) which this thread is about?  >@@(*&)

It is a matter of  either believing the McCanns or believing Amaral...no hate involved...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #737 on: November 13, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »
Of course she wasn't. She had been there only with her lawyer when she confessed to the murder. All that happened there was a faked attempted suicide by jumping down the stairs - that if you know it, (I mean the stairs) makes a suicide impossible.

The day she made the confession - I think it was the 13th October - was the last day she was there, and that is why, later on, the chief of the prison guards appeared alleging the Director had asked him to falsify the registry of the inmates movements to the exterior.

what this shows is that Luz has no credibility...the throwing down stairs story from the pj has been completely discredited

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #738 on: November 13, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
 From the amnesty international website

•On 22 May the Criminal Court of Faro issued its sentence in the case of the torture of Leonor Cipriano. The court recognized that she had been tortured in police custody in 2004, but acquitted all three police officers, claiming that it was impossible to identify exactly who had been responsible. A fourth officer was convicted of giving false testimony and another was convicted of falsifying documents. Leonor Cipriano’s appeal was pending at the end of the year

Perhaps you all want to claim Amnesty International is telling LIES

Offline Benice

« Reply #739 on: November 13, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »
She was not tortured, she was beaten.

Her inmates beat the hell out of her - can you imagine a few dozens of women separated from their children for years, the only persons they love in their lives, being close to a woman that killed her own little child?!!! She was brutally beaten inside the prison, and the Prison Director was a negligent that was awarded a prize by Marinho Pinto, for making a fake statement in Court.

So why hasn't Amaral protested about this?  This woman has apparently ruined his 'honour' and because of her lies he now has a criminal record?  And yet not a peep from him.   

There was no need for the Prison director to make fake statements.   She had all the proof, medical evidence and witnesses she needed to prove that LC was not beaten by inmates in her prison whilst under her jurisdiction.

Once again I notice that anyone who  does not go along with Amaral's and the PJ's  version of events has to be smeared.      This time it's the Portuguese Prison Director.       Shame on you Luz, you should be proud of her - for refusing to be part of covering up the torture of a defenceless woman.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Luz

« Reply #740 on: November 13, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
Mrs the Prison Director had taken a LLX week-end, and she wasn't in the prison when Leonor was attacked.
She was in a "mess":
1. First she had been away more time than she could have by law;
2. She had not taken care to put Leonor in a protected place where her inmates couldn't harm her
3. After arriving, and noticing that Leonor had been beaten she didn't act immediately, she only sent her to a doctor days after viewing the bruises and black spots
4.Under advise, she excluded the medical reports and surrendered a complain for torture over Leonor when questioned in Faro PJ;
5. Because when Leonor had been in the PJ she had been accompanied by her lawyer, the Director had to create another unscheduled visit (ordered the prison chief to alter the registry) and alleged that Leonor had been taken again to Faro for questioning (after she had given a confession)
6. She had a doctor that examined Leonor stating that she had bruises with different timings, so the supposed visit to Faro PJ didn't justify it
7. With the help of Marinho Pinto, Mrs. Director had an incredible article in a major portuguese newspaper, with photoshoped photos and the accusation that the PJ were monster torturers.
8.The flamboyant Aragão, more accustomed to use his family's money than to get a life for himself, found an opportunity to make his name go into the newspapers.

Etc, etc,....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:39:33 PM by Luz »

Offline Anna

« Reply #741 on: November 13, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
It is a matter of  either believing the McCanns or believing Amaral...no hate involved...

I believe what they both say, to a point and after that point I do not believe what either of them has said.....Too many lies and changes in evidence being thrown about too.
Lies and changes in her evidence, apparently condemned Leonor! and I do believe she is innocent, If not, then why the appeals?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Luz

« Reply #742 on: November 13, 2013, 01:41:50 PM »
I believe what they both say, to a point and after that point I do not believe what either of them has said.....Too many lies and changes in evidence being thrown about too.
Lies and changes in her evidence, apparently condemned Leonor! and I do believe she is innocent, If not, then why the appeals?

This is a thread about Leonor Cipriano.

Do you believe a murderess or do you believe everyone else that helped to convict her for her crime?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #743 on: November 13, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »

This is a thread about Leonor Cipriano.

Do you believe a murderess or do you believe everyone else that helped to convict her for her crime?

I don't think anyone would be surprised if Amaral had told lies in this case

Offline John

« Reply #744 on: November 13, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »
She told that many different versions in Court there is no doubt she lied.  Question is why?

Consider this for a moment. Why would an innocent woman lie in a case where her daughter had been abducted?  Why not simply tell the truth?

ps I am still awaiting that crucial evidence of her innocence which so many believe exists...or is this yet another myth?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:51:52 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #745 on: November 13, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »
All that happened there was a faked attempted suicide by jumping down the stairs - that if you know it, (I mean the stairs) makes a suicide impossible.

There are two "stairs" cases (one in the US, have you seen the impressive "staircase" ?, another in Switzerland) where accident fall was suspected to be criminal (and both supposed "pushers" condemned, then released).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:55:39 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #746 on: November 13, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
She told that many different versions in Court there is no doubt she lied.  Question is why?

Consider this for a moment. Why would an innocent woman lie in a case where her daughter had been abducted?  Why not simply tell the truth?

ps I am still awaiting that crucial evidence of her innocence which so many believe exists...or is this yet another myth?

it is quite possible that she had told the truth initially and it got her a beating and a prison sentence...she then would try anything to get out of prison ..knowing that telling the truth was a waste of time

I don't think anyone believes there is proof of innocence...it is basically impossible to prove innocence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #747 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
There are two "stairs" cases (one in the US, have you seen the impressive "staircase" ?, another in Switzerland) where accident fall was suspected to be criminal (and both supposed "pushers" condemned, then released).

According to the court the staircase story was a lie told by amaral, and his pj buddies

Offline Carana

« Reply #748 on: November 13, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

What crucial evidence exists of her guilt?

Offline Benice

« Reply #749 on: November 13, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »

John you keep saying she told lies and different versions in court but LC did not take the Stand - so did not speak at all during the trial.   Why do you keep claiming that she did?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal