Author Topic: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!  (Read 250707 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!
« Reply #1320 on: February 23, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
What comes first is, why confess ,if you're the innocent uncle/mother of an abducted child?

It's because they dunnit, it's that simple.

Fear of being beaten up by The PJ.  They did have a long standing record for such behaviour.  And they probably did beat him up anyway.  But just not his face.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1321 on: February 23, 2015, 09:01:02 PM »
Fear of being beaten up by The PJ. They did have a long standing record for such behaviour.  And they probably did beat him up anyway.  But just not his face.

Has Joao ever complained that he was tortured, or that he confessed in fear of torture?

Is there any mention of that anywhere, other than from your imagination?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1322 on: February 23, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
What comes first is, why confess ,if you're the innocent uncle/mother of an abducted child?

It's because they dunnit, it's that simple.

On the day of the reconstitution(confession) Leandro had to get the keys to the house for the Pj. He hung around and followed the PJ and Joao to the pub apparently.
He also said to the press in an interview in 2006, that Joao appeared drugged or drunk when he entered the house after leaving the pub, with some officers.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1323 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Has Joao ever complained that he was tortured, or that he confessed in fear of torture?

Is there any mention of that anywhere, other than from your imagination?

Someone in The PJ put Leandro Silva in hospital for three days, and he wasn't even charged.  So I might be forgiven for thinking someone scared Jaoa witless.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1324 on: February 23, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »
Someone in The PJ put Leandro Silva in hospital for three days, and he wasn't even charged.  So I might be forgiven for thinking someone scared Jaoa witless.

Allegedly.

From what I can find, there is only Leandro's word for that, & he didn't report it for about 4 years.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1325 on: February 23, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
Allegedly.

From what I can find, there is only Leandro's word for that, & he didn't report it for about 4 years.

Well I heard that he tried to report it but The PJ wouldn't listen.  What a surprise.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1326 on: February 23, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
Well I heard that he tried to report it but The PJ wouldn't listen.  What a surprise.

You're taking the word of a guy who refused to provide a semen sample.

Good luck with that.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1327 on: February 23, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »
The judicial system is very slow in Portugal....How long before the PJ were tried for torture???
 We don't know how long it was before Leandro's case came up and it was decided not to proceed, by the court.
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #1328 on: February 23, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »

Good luck with that.

Says the press.
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1329 on: February 23, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »

Good luck with that.

Why would they need a semen sample?  They didn't even know if it was semen.  And DNA is the same no matter what body fluid it comes from.  So don't be silly.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1330 on: February 23, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »
Says the press.

So,

Who is in a better position to make an informed decision on the innocence or otherwise of the Ciprianos...

The jury, which were privy to all the evidence presented in court and reached a majority verdict of their guilt.

Or, forumites with nothing but press reports, which you're lot insist are bent, to go on?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1331 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »
So,

Who is in a better position to make an informed decision on the innocence or otherwise of the Ciprianos...

The jury, which were privy to all the evidence presented in court and reached a majority verdict of their guilt.

Or, forumites with nothing but press reports, which you're lot insist are bent, to go on?

I think that was the point.  There was nothing but bent press reports to go on.  And we all know where The Press got their bent reports from.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1332 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:04 PM »
So,

I'm going mostly with the appeal legal ruling and Leandro's long interview (two years after the child's disappearance and before anyone had ever heard of Madeleine).

The only interest that I find in the press reports is how biased they were.

The legal ruling is fascinating (from what I have been able to decipher of it, which isn't 100%)... and it gives an insight into the system worked (at least back then), but I don't think that it can be equated that easily with how one may expect a judicial system in a different country to work.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1333 on: February 23, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
I think that was the point. There was nothing but bent press reports to go on.  And we all know where The Press got their bent reports from.

That's nothing but a biased assumption, given that you only have press reports to go on.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1334 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
That's nothing but a biased assumption, given that you only have press reports to go on.

Well there certainly wasn't any evidence presented to the Court, other than what The PJ thought might have happened.