Author Topic: McCanns seek to have Supreme Court judgement annulled in libel damages case.  (Read 62248 times)

Offline Benice

OK but what I said is still alright.  The McCanns are "Innocent of the accusations [that were] made against them to become an arguido in the first place".

This quote from the Final report clearly confirms that was the position  IMO.

To this can be added that, in reality, NONE of the indications that led to their constitution as arguidos was later confirmed or consolidated.
unquote

IOW none of the reasons put forward by the PJ to make the McCanns arquidos turned out to be valid reasons.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

To this can be added that, in reality, NONE of the indications that led to their constitution as arguidos was later confirmed or consolidated.
unquote

IOW none of the reasons put forward by the PJ to make the McCanns arquidos turned out to be valid reasons.

That is wrong on many levels, not confirming something does not make it invalid.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

That is wrong on many levels, not confirming something does not make it invalid.
What were the valid reasons for making Murat an arguido then?  Same wording for him, so let's hear it.

stephen25000

So who was it who/whom  pointed to Murat in the first place  ?

Online misty

So who was it who/whom  pointed to Murat in the first place  ?
From the Portuguese side -
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

02-Processos Volume II pages 461 to 462
02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_461

02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_462
02-Processos Volume II  PJ Record 8th May 2007-

04-PROCESSO 4 - 960 to 961

04-Processos Vol IV Pages 957 - 958

Offline G-Unit

unquote

There were 'indications' which led to them being made arguidos.

The indications were not confirmed.

I don't think 'unconfimed' can be equated to 'disproved'. 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

Someone posted this on the Facebook page in relation to the latest developments in Lisbon.  I thought it quite funny.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

Someone posted this on the Facebook page.  I thought it quite funny.

Fabulous, but is it strictly on-topic or did you mean to post it on the "pictures of my pets" thread?

Offline John

Fabulous, but is it strictly on-topic or did you mean to post it on the "pictures of my pets" thread?

On topic as far as relativity goes.  I wonder who's who?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:51:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Alice Purjorick

It looks like they are playing doubles in "Toilet Tennis".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

Please be aware that the OP has been edited with the addition of further Notes.  Please refer to Notes 1 to 14

Offline G-Unit

Just to be clear that the McCanns are challenging the AG as well as the SC;

The police inquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance has been shelved because of a lack of evidence, Portugal's attorney general has said.
BBC News Monday, 21 July 2008 18:48 UK

The case was closed because of lack of evidence but could be reopened at any time if important information comes to light, according to Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro's office.
Sky News Monday July 21, 2008

Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro, Portugal's Attorney-General, told police to halt the investigation into of Madeleine's disappearance.

A statement released by his office confirmed that it had decided to "close the file on the investigation concerning the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann due to lack of evidence that any crime was committed by the persons placed under formal investigation".
Timesonline July 22, 2008

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id134.htm

Result = happy posting.

Alfie

Just to be clear that the McCanns are challenging the AG as well as the SC;

The police inquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance has been shelved because of a lack of evidence, Portugal's attorney general has said.
BBC News Monday, 21 July 2008 18:48 UK

The case was closed because of lack of evidence but could be reopened at any time if important information comes to light, according to Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro's office.
Sky News Monday July 21, 2008

Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro, Portugal's Attorney-General, told police to halt the investigation into of Madeleine's disappearance.

A statement released by his office confirmed that it had decided to "close the file on the investigation concerning the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann due to lack of evidence that any crime was committed by the persons placed under formal investigation".
Timesonline July 22, 2008

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id134.htm
Given that the dictionary definition of "lack" is deficiency or abence - what point are you trying to make exactly?

Offline G-Unit

Given that the dictionary definition of "lack" is deficiency or abence - what point are you trying to make exactly?

Do you see no difference between 'lack of evidence' and 'evidence proving innocence'? I do.

The SC judges said;

Page 70
Thus, it does not appear acceptable to consider that the alluded dispatch, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be treated as evidence of innocence.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

Do you see no difference between 'lack of evidence' and 'evidence proving innocence'? I do.

The SC judges said;

Page 70
Thus, it does not appear acceptable to consider that the alluded dispatch, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be treated as evidence of innocence.
an absence of evidence is evidence of innocence I would say.   For example, there was an absence of evidence that Murat abducted Madeleine, therefore I would say this was evidence that he was innocent.  Agree or disagree?