Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > The murder of landscape architect Joanna Yeates in Bristol in December 2010.

My Response from the Prisoner Location Service

(1/14) > >>

mrswah:
I have been trying, since 16th November of last year, to locate VT  and  obtain his prison number, in the hope of writing to him.  I have "chased up" the system on three occasions. This is my latest response, received on 10th April.

Unlike "Nine", I am pretty useless at IT, and haven't a clue how to take a screenshot, so I had to write the whole thing out, so that I can reproduce it here-----you will have to take my word for it that I am telling the truth!!  The stuff in brackets are my own comments.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry that you are not happy with the time it has taken to respond to your enquiry (you bet I'm not: I first wrote on 16th November of last year, and , in my last chaser, threatened to write to my MP).

I regret to inform you that your case is still ongoing.

Please note that locating a prisoner is a time consuming process (why??????).  If the person you are looking for is in fact held in custody (which he is, isn't he???), we have to write to them to gain there (sic)permission to disclose their location.  This is a requirement of the 1998 Data Protection Act. Please note we have processed your enquiry and chased it up. I will send one final chaser, but if we do not receive a response or the prisoner says they do not want there (sic) details disclosed then we will have to close your enquiry.

At this point we are not in control of how long it takes the prison and prisoner to respond to our request (what a lousy service---thank goodness I am not a relative or a friend!!).

Thank you for your patience.

Regards.

Comments, please?????????

AerialHunter:
If ever there existed an example of why we cannot rely on the intelligence levels of those in a controlling position within the mechanisms of the detention system, this has got to be it!

[...]:
It shouldn't take that long mrwah.... should it??

I wonder why they are taking there time about this??  Do other people have such difficulties when writing to the prison location service??

mrswah:

--- Quote from: Nine on April 17, 2017, 10:12:11 PM ---It shouldn't take that long mrwah.... should it??

I wonder why they are taking there time about this??  Do other people have such difficulties when writing to the prison location service??

--- End quote ---

It is supposed to take six weeks------according to their website!

Leonora:

--- Quote from: mrswah on April 17, 2017, 10:19:12 PM ---It is supposed to take six weeks------according to their website!

--- End quote ---
I can only admire your patience and persistence, mrswah! Six weeks might be acceptable if you inquired about a J. Smith sentenced to 18 months for knocking someone's teeth out in a pub brawl - but famous prisoners attract so much attention that I am sure that scarcely a day goes by when the Prisoner Location Service doesn't receive an inquiry about Vincent Tabak.

Have you asked them why they don't just look him up on Wikipedia? The prison history of each of the other famous killers is reported in the pages recounting their crimes. Your contact seems to have been gripped by the same inanity that characterises the attitude of the rest of the general public.

Wikipedia even has an article that lists the famous prisoners of Long Lartin. Oddly enough, Vincent Tabak is not mentioned.

What will you say to Vincent Tabak when you finally get in touch with him?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version