Author Topic: South African Stephen Birch and the renewed interest in the Murat's driveway.  (Read 4421 times)

Online misty

Taken from Facebook Digging for Madeleine

Digging for Madeleine McCann
September 15 at 9:30am

Morning from Cape Town, South Africa

We are looking for a committed bunch of people to be activity be involved in emailing certain high powered people in a bid to force the excavation of the Murat driveway.

If you up to the challenge, please email leanne@birchorganisation.com

Together lets Bring Madeleine home..
                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday at 12:19pm ·

We overwhelmed by the response...Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Join hundreds of people who have emailed us offering their commitment to be activity involved in emailing certain high powered people in a bid to force the excavation of the Murat driveway.

If you up to the challenge,and want to be part of this group please email leanne@birchorganisation.com

Together lets Bring Madeleine home.
                             -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure these people only have Madeleine's interests at heart, but why, oh why, can't they leave this alone while the joint investigations are still ongoing? Exerting pressure on "certain high-powered people" is exactly what is not needed right now, in the interests of justice.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:06:24 PM by John »

Offline Eleanor

I thought Robert Murat's driveway had already been dug up, and searched by Eddie and Keela, and The PJ.  Am I wrong about this?

Dig it up again, by all means.  If The PJ want a law suite on their hands, and the cost of restitution.  But I suspect that this has already been mooted and discarded.  Unless anyone thinks that Eddie and Keela were useless, of course.

Offline Mr Gray

Taken from Facebook Digging for Madeleine

September 15 at 9:30am

Morning from Cape Town, South Africa

We are looking for a committed bunch of people to be activity be involved in emailing certain high powered people in a bid to force the excavation of the Murat driveway.

If you up to the challenge, please email leanne@birchorganisation.com

Together lets Bring Madeleine home..
                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday at 12:19pm ·

We overwhelmed by the response...Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Join hundreds of people who have emailed us offering their commitment to be activity involved in emailing certain high powered people in a bid to force the excavation of the Murat driveway.

If you up to the challenge,and want to be part of this group please email leanne@birchorganisation.com

Together lets Bring Madeleine home.
                             -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure these people only have Madeleine's interests at heart, but why, oh why, can't they leave this alone while the joint investigations are still ongoing? Exerting pressure on "certain high-powered people" is exactly what is not needed right now, in the interests of justice.

these high powered people probably already get a lot of spam emails

Online misty

I thought Robert Murat's driveway had already been dug up, and searched by Eddie and Keela, and The PJ.  Am I wrong about this?

Dig it up again, by all means.  If The PJ want a law suite on their hands, and the cost of restitution.  But I suspect that this has already been mooted and discarded.  Unless anyone thinks that Eddie and Keela were useless, of course.

The original driveway was dug up & the area inspected by Eddie & Keela (although we were not permitted to see that particular video footage)
However, the driveway has since been relaid. and in 2012 Stephen Birch trespassed & scanned the new driveway using sophisticated ground penetrating radar equipment. He claims to have found a void which may contain Madeleine's remains.
It is possible, of course, that if Madeleine is dead, her remains could have been moved & re-buried under the drive after the cadaver dogs inspected the area. Without any legally obtained new evidence, it is highly unlikely the PJ will ever grant permission for a compulsory re-examination of the drive.
I am wondering what happened regarding the Murat prosecution against Birch for trespass - does anyone know?

Offline Eleanor

When did The PJ search and dig up Robert Murat's driveway?  Was it before or after the dogs went into 5A?  Was it before or after The McCanns hired the car?

Online misty

When did The PJ search and dig up Robert Murat's driveway?  Was it before or after the dogs went into 5A?  Was it before or after The McCanns hired the car?

The first searches of the grounds of Casa  Liliana took place 13/14 May 2007, with the GNR dogs.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CASA_LILIANA.htm

The actual digging of the driveway appears to have taken place when Eddie & Keela were deployed, ie, after the McCanns hired the Scenic.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1559606/Madeleine-McCann-suspects-garden-dug-up.html

I am struggling to find the geo-radar report but  I will keep looking,

Offline sadie

I dont know whether I am remembering this correctly.  Didn't they dig up the main driveway running West to East but not the anciliary one, which comes off it, running SSE ?

Am I right in thinking that it is the ancilliary one that Birch is interested in?

Personally, I just wish they would get on with it and dig it up.  Rule out all the speculation, one way or another

Online misty

I dont know whether I am remembering this correctly.  Didn't they dig up the main driveway running West to East but not the anciliary one, which comes off it, running SSE ?

Am I right in thinking that it is the ancilliary one that Birch is interested in?

Personally, I just wish they would get on with it and dig it up.  Rule out all the speculation, one way or another

The ancilliary "drive" was just over-grown garden in 2007.

Offline sadie

The ancilliary "drive" was just over-grown garden in 2007.

I dont think so misty.  Not all of it.

Looking at GE image dated 6/22/2007, there is a car parked on it and what appears to be room for another car.  Then there is a large area that is coverd by trees and whatever

To date regress the image on GE and achieve the image that I am talking about, click on the box with a clock on it .  That is on the top line of GE and about 6 or 7 boxes from the LH side

When you click, a slider will drop down. 
Slide it to 6/22/2007 and voila the scene as it was then.

Line up to Murats villa 
Zoom right in

Can you see the car parked on the ancilliary drive?  And the extra bit there that appears just long enough for another car before being hidden by the trees.

Online misty

I dont think so misty.  Not all of it.

Looking at GE image dated 6/22/2007, there is a car parked on it and what appears to be room for another car.  Then there is a large area that is coverd by trees and whatever

To date regress the image on GE and achieve the image that I am talking about, click on the box with a clock on it .  That is on the top line of GE and about 6 or 7 boxes from the LH side

When you click, a slider will drop down. 
Slide it to 6/22/2007 and voila the scene as it was then.

Line up to Murats villa 
Zoom right in

Can you see the car parked on the ancilliary drive?  And the extra bit there that appears just long enough for another car before being hidden by the trees.

Sorry, Sadie, me'n'Goggle Earth don't see eye to eye and my laptop invariably ends up missing a moving part whenever I try GE.
I was going by the photos on Birch's facebook site re. the original state of the rear garden and. more specifically the pile of rocks marked by a square in the photos on my last post.

As I originally said, I would hate for this drive to be dug up before all the necessary investigations have been concluded. There may well be a body there, complete with some very incriminating evidence, which would open up a new can of worms.

Offline John

As it has been revealed that SY are to interview first arguido Robert Murat I wonder will they attempt to do any further investigation work at Casa Liliana?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

ferryman

I don't think they dug the driveway up.  But the Murats' back yard was certainly raked over, with the dog and also with equipment of the type Birch claimed to use looking for signs of interment.

I will dig out the relevant cite from Mark Harrison's report ...

On 04-08-07 and 05-08-07 a search warrant was executed at the villa and gardens belonging to the PJ suspect Robert Murat. This search involved both PJ and GNR personnel supported by civil defence, geophysical equipment operators and a canine handler.

Mark Harrison.

One of the searches where Harrison (selectively) acknowledged the input of Grime and his dogs.

He didn't with all ...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:14:51 PM by ferryman »

Offline VIXTE

It is the first time I am seeing this, I've just found it on another forum..

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm#p4p985
I don't get this...
Who has a brother with dyslexia?
Does this mean Murat has a brother?
Or he lied or he was talking about someone else?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
It is the first time I am seeing this, I've just found it on another forum..

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm#p4p985
I don't get this...
Who has a brother with dyslexia?
Does this mean Murat has a brother?
Or he lied or he was talking about someone else?

That is correct Vixte, he also has a sister.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Kazcutt

Can't help feel it's the tapas Murat and sergy being questioned