Author Topic: Rules are there for a reason!  (Read 29033 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Rules are there for a reason!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 06:28:21 PM »
I think the truth is nearer to what John said. Some members were so convinced that they were right and couldn't deal with it when events proved them wrong imo.

No events have proved anyone wrong.  You seem to think that they have, when I know that nothing has been proved.
That is the basic difference.

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »
The problem as far as I see it is that certain Moderators are using their biased power to silence what they personally don't like.
I am fairly sure that they don't realise what it is that they are doing.

There are often deletions for Libel which in fact aren't Libel at all.  This is so often a personal opinion, which actually isn't good enough.

We now have only Brietta and me as Supporter Mods, and neither she or I ever do this.  So she and I are always going to lose in the deletion stakes, and the silencing of opinions opposed to our own.

But if this is what John wants then all I can say is on his own head be it.

I can sympathise with the libel that isn't libel argument and have tried to get this across to moderators.  The difficulty for me as an admin is that we cannot bring back a post which is deleted, all we can do is reintroduce it as a quote. In fact I did that very thing with a post the other day which a mod deleted as a libel so the problem is not confined to one particular viewpoint.  All we can ask of mods and editors is to be careful what they delete and if borderline or in doubt just leave it.

I was thinking of allowing guest posting for a trial period. We used to have it at the beginning but it only took one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.  Maybe with more moderators on the forum it could work, any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:48:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
I honestly think they have given up trying to persuade others because of recent events. You only need to look at the official Madeleine sites on the internet which are contracting constantly.  Several unofficial websites like www.mccannfiles.com have now disappeared completely.

I don't think what is happening in the outside world has been the motivating factor as far as our lost members were concerned ... I think their resignations have been precipitated as a direct result of what has been happening to them on the forum.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »
I was thinking of allowing guest posting for a trial period. We used to have it at the beginning but it only took one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.  Maybe with more moderators on the forum it could work, any thoughts?

I think that there is quite enough Moderating going on already, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:49:57 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
I think that there is quite enough Moderating going on already, thank you very much.

Weans in a sweetie shop springs to mind.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »
I don't think what is happening in the outside world has been the motivating factor as far as our lost members were concerned ... I think their resignations have been precipitated as a direct result of what has been happening to them on the forum.

I disagree, take fm for example, his continued libel of a certain dog handler was beyond a joke.  He brought it upon himself in the end.  Same with Alf, his posts towards the end were outrageous despite being given upteen opportunities to conform.  They were disrespectful imo so surely you don't condone such conduct Brietta?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:08:07 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
I disagree, take fm for example, his continued libel of a certain dog handler was beyond a joke.  He brought it upon himself in the end.  Same with Alf, his posts towards the end were outrageous despite being given upteen opportunities to conform.  They were disrespectful imo so surely you don't condone such conduct Brietta?

I saw cause and effect, Angelo.  I watched initially with puzzlement as deletions happened and points were awarded until they became meaningless and whether consciously planned or not I could see the effect it was having ... remember Countess Mayberry??  I warned about it then without having any axe to grind.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
I saw cause and effect, Angelo.  I watched initially with puzzlement as deletions happened and points were awarded until they became meaningless and whether consciously planned or not I could see the effect it was having ... remember Countess Mayberry??  I warned about it then without having any axe to grind.

I agree.  It was a horror story.  It looked as though they were being deliberately targeted.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »
I agree.  It was a horror story.  It looked as though they were being deliberately targeted.

On the other hand rules must have been broken, unless someone was doing to them what Brietta appears to have done to me? Is it possible for Admin to look at the posts in question to see if they did break the rules? Then the matter will be clarified and the accusations of bias can be proved or disproved,
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »
Personally, I think the moderators do a good job---but then, I don't post on many threads.

I know of one forum where people are allowed to say whatever they like, and some very nasty stuff is getting through-------.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
Personally, I think the moderators do a good job---but then, I don't post on many threads.

I know of one forum where people are allowed to say whatever they like, and some very nasty stuff is getting through-------.

I think you'll find it's obligatory.  They stand to get Banned if they don't say something horrible.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way.  Some of us really do try.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 09:39:15 AM »
I think you'll find it's obligatory.  They stand to get Banned if they don't say something horrible.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way.  Some of us really do try.

I commend anyone who agrees to be a moderator, it's a thankless task even though it's a necessary one. Most posters stay within the rules but there are a few who have consistently refused to do so in my opinion. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:15 PM »
So Murat's situation is also unresolved?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:53:19 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
So Murat's situation is also unresolved?

The easiest way of answering that would be to restate that Madeleine's fate and involvement have not be resolved.  Both the PJ and SY have for one reason or another publicly identified several suspects/persons of interest in this case, some have died while others are very much alive.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:52:43 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »
The easiest way of answering that would be to restate that Madeleine's fate and involvement have not be resolved.  Both the PJ and SY have for one reason or another publicly identified several suspects/persons of interest in this case, some have died while others are very much alive.

... and they do not include either parent ...

Pedro do Carmo, deputy director of the Judiciary Police: "Maddie's parents are not suspects. Period."