Author Topic: E-fit lookalike?  (Read 10051 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

E-fit lookalike?
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
I'm reminded of the novel 'To kill a Mockingbird';

People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for

I see a similarity especially around the eyes but that might just be my eyes!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

Re: E-fit lookalike?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
“Only two men had been regarded as possible suspects before George. Martyn Gilbert had allegedly sent sexually explicit emails about Dando and had moved from his home in Fulham to Australia two weeks after her murder. He was ruled out after an officer flew to meet him.

So was Steve Savva, a mechanic from east London, who was wrongly named as a possible assassin by a police informer.

Mr Campbell believed he and his team must have missed something obvious in the maelstrom which followed Dando's death, and suspected the killer was not a professional at all, but an obsessive who had a lucky getaway.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media2
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »

That could have been written especially for you Holly
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »
“Only two men had been regarded as possible suspects before George. Martyn Gilbert had allegedly sent sexually explicit emails about Dando and had moved from his home in Fulham to Australia two weeks after her murder. He was ruled out after an officer flew to meet him.

So was Steve Savva, a mechanic from east London, who was wrongly named as a possible assassin by a police informer.

Mr Campbell believed he and his team must have missed something obvious in the maelstrom which followed Dando's death, and suspected the killer was not a professional at all, but an obsessive who had a lucky getaway.

If Jill was not under covert surveillance the obsessive not only had to have had a lucky getaway but also a lucky arrival too.  Now what are the chances of that happening? 

This crime was not random it was extremely well planned and executed. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 10:28:44 AM »
If Jill was not under covert surveillance the obsessive not only had to have had a lucky getaway but also a lucky arrival too.  Now what are the chances of that happening? 

You can attempt to rewrite history as many times as you like Holly but it won’t make an ounce of difference to the facts of this case.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »
“Photofit dispute

Mr George confirmed that he went to the offices of the Hammersmith and Fulham Action for Disability (Hafad) on the day Miss Dando was shot and returned there two days later.

He told police he had wanted to account for his movements as people had said he was similar in appearance to a photofit of the killer.

The prosecution says the photofit was only released four days after the murder.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1349115.stm

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 10:52:35 AM »
“Photofit dispute

Mr George confirmed that he went to the offices of the Hammersmith and Fulham Action for Disability (Hafad) on the day Miss Dando was shot and returned there two days later.

He told police he had wanted to account for his movements as people had said he was similar in appearance to a photofit of the killer.

The prosecution says the photofit was only released four days after the murder.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1349115.stm

Barry George may well have told his mother of his concerns, who in turn told his sister Michelle Diskin Bates. I’ve never believed her story about when she claims she first heard of her brothers involvement in the murder.

Alternatively Barry George’s mother may have raised her concerns with her son. Following my experiences, nothing should be ruled out.

“Spinning a yarn, or storytelling, is what I do. But why do I think stories are so important? Well, for me, it's all about imagination; a story can carry us anywhere and everywhere… into a world where anything is possible.
Stories help us to put our own stories - our lives and our feelings - into context and explore how we feel about them, even in the most fantastical settings. https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/top-10-tips-spinning-good-yarn-real-storyteller/1230166
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 10:58:52 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »

Gun found by river is not Dando weapon - December 1999
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gun-found-by-river-is-not-dando-weapon-744071.html

July 29 1999
Police reveal bullet used to kill Dando was held in brass cartridge crimped in amateurish way.

December 9 1999
Police confirm London mechanic Steve Savva, 35, under surveillance for six months following tip, has been ruled out.

December 10 1999
Scientists say gun used was rare - smooth-barrelled 9mm semi-automatic, suggesting barrel was replaced with tubing. Only an amateur would use such a weapon

February 4 2000
Detectives fly to Sydney, Australia, to speak to Martyn Gilbert, who lived close to Dando and was allegedly fascinated with her. He left Britain two weeks after she died. Officers rule him out as a suspect.

“A former prime suspect in the Jill Dando inquiry has been jailed for stealing luxury Mercedes cars with a sidekick. Stephen Savva, 36,.....
http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/a-former-prime-suspect-in-the-jill-dando-inquiry-h/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6845491/Dramatic-interview-criminal-investigated-Jill-Dandos-murder.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:32:52 PM by Nicholas »

Offline WHM

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »

I see a similarity especially around the eyes but that might just be my eyes!

Athough minus the goatee, I think the e-fit wasn't too far off:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:29:55 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum WHM  8((()*/

The surveillance of him just before his arrest also shows how much he’s changed physically since his imprisonment, though this was also carried out nearly a year after the murder.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:31:04 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 03:27:46 PM »

That much is very clear Holly.  Something Barry George was totally incapable of.  Whoever killed her had to be following her movements by car or motorcycle and probably had assistant.  They made their move as she arrived at her flat, a flat she seldom visited. The quiet street provided the perfect opportunity for an assassin.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:30:15 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »

Those who claim to have seen the perp leaving 29 Gowan Ave: neigbours Richard Hughes and Geoffrey Uphill-Brown were unable to pick out BG during an id parade. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »
Those who claim to have seen the perp leaving 29 Gowan Ave: neigbours Richard Hughes and Geoffrey Uphill-Brown were unable to pick out BG during an id parade.

And that's because it wasn't him.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t Barry George!

Did they see the front or back of him? What did their witness statements describe?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »

Your sweeping statement is inaccurate. What was their evidence given during trial?