Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.  (Read 45545 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
Oh I'm sorry ! I didn't mean the president of the republic ! I meant the president of the hearing, I should have called him "judge".

Oh, I'm sorry too!

I just read an article earlier today on the subject of the incomprehensibility in France of the fact that Gordon Brown does not have a mistress.

This obviously affected my reading of your post!

It makes perfect sense to me now.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
No problem !
The question of the jurors is very interesting. I've heard of a book written by one of these jurors. Something she said intrigues me : "first this is another world, then you get accustomed to it and the world to which you belong turns into the "other" world.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »
No problem !
The question of the jurors is very interesting. I've heard of a book written by one of these jurors. Something she said intrigues me : "first this is another world, then you get accustomed to it and the world to which you belong turns into the "other" world.

You could say the same about a lot of things....

AnneGuedes

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »
Not really. This is another world because the justice system, its rules, its language are different and specific. But once you've understood how it works (and jurors have a short initiation) you're led to look at things through this evaluation grid.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2014, 11:55:57 PM »
Not really. This is another world because the justice system, its rules, its language are different and specific. But once you've understood how it works (and jurors have a short initiation) you're led to look at things through this evaluation grid.

It's like a religion or any thought system. There's a certain language and framework of ideas though which we interpret everything.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
Is it a question of which is better?

There are two distinct systems, Civil Law (based upon Roman Law and developed during the Middle ages throughout most of the European continent where it was applied mainly in the imperial powers such as Portugal and Spain), and Common Law, which developed in England at around the same time and was implanted in America upon its foundation.

Scottish Law has a civil law system and is therefore very similar at root to Portuguese law and the legal systems of much of continental Europe. It also has a number of Norse elements dating from Viking times when the country was invaded by Vikings and many of the Northern provinces belonged to Norway. After the Act of Union, common law became an influence to a certain degree, but the overall system remained entirely distinct from that of England.

Scotland and Portugal are similar therefore in their systems; England is the odd man out in Europe.

Not really...very few jury trials in Portugal wheras it is the norm in scotland

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
Not really...very few jury trials in Portugal wheras it is the norm in scotland

Many of the details differ - most of the general legal concepts are the same

AnneGuedes

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
It's like a religion or any thought system. There's a certain language and framework of ideas though which we interpret everything.
It's not a question of interpreting things, as a juror you have to understand acts, sometimes barbarous, of human beings you would never meet in "real" life.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
RK is due to appear again in front of the Sheriff this Tuesday (January 28th).

Offline John

« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »
RK is due to appear again in front of the Sheriff this Tuesday (January 28th).

It will be another procedural hearing to establish progress.   I have a feeling the Sheriff will refer the case up to the High Court though as it involves a murder charge.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »
It will be another procedural hearing to establish progress.   I have a feeling the Sheriff will refer the case up to the High Court though as it involves a murder charge.

Only if they don't reduce it to Culpable Homicide.

Personally, I have no thoughts on that.

Redblossom

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
This is sad. It doesnt go much to makes thngs clearer either as to what happened,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-26433110

Mikaeel Kular: Three-year-old 'died from internal bleeding'

Mikaeel Kular was reported missing from his Edinburgh home in January before being found dead in Fife
Three-year-old Mikaeel Kular died from internal bleeding and peritonitis, according to his death certificate.

Mikaeel's body was found in Fife in January, after he had been reported missing from his Edinburgh home.

The death certificate, which has been released by a registrar in Kirkcaldy, says the youngster died in woodland behind the town's Dunvegan Avenue.

His mother, Rosdeep Kular, 33, has been charged with his murder and is remanded in custody.

She appeared in private at Edinburgh Sheriff Court under her married name of Adekoya, where she made no plea or declaration to the charges. She is also accused of attempting to defeat the ends of justice.

Mikaeel's death certificate - which was signed by his step-grandfather, Mr B Krishnaswamy - said he had been found dead at 04:02 on 18 January.

It gives the cause of death as "peritonitis and intra-abdominal haemorrhage" (pending investigation).

Peritonitis is an inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin lining of the abdomen.

Hundreds of people joined in the search for Mikaeel after he was reported missing from his home in Ferry Gait Crescent, Edinburgh, on 16 January.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:01:24 PM by Redblossom »

CPN

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »
Strange it says that he died in the woodland where he was found - I don't quite see how they can know that.  A very precise time of death also.