Author Topic: Leonor Cipriano released from prison after serving five-sixths of her sentence.  (Read 40212 times)

Offline Angelo222

Leonor Cipriano released from prison after serving five-sixths of her sentence.

Published 7 Feb 2019

Leonor Cipriano – the Algarve mother jailed in 2006 for the murder of her eight year old daughter Joana – has been released after serving five-sixths of her sentence.

Talking to TVI24 at the gates of Odemira jail this morning, she said she was leaving with her head held high.

“I am going to work. I have a little job. I don’t need to say anymore”.

But the questions remain. What really happened to tragic Joana whose body has never been found?

Leonor and her now estranged brother João admitted in court that they had killed the little girl at her home in Figueira, midway between Portimão and Mexilhoeira Grande.

João claims to have cut up her body and hidden it in a chest freezer. The child’s remains were later ‘fed to the pigs’.

“I didn’t hurt her, I just killed her”, João told the court which originally passed sentences on him of 19 years and two months, and on Leonor of 20 years and four months.

The prosecution’s case was based on the theory that Leonor and João were engaged in an incestuous relationship – and that they killed Joana for having walked in on them both in bed.

But there have always been those that doubted the story – neighbours particularly. And now Leonor has once again insisted that she had nothing to do with her daughter’s disappearance, least of all her death.

In the mists of this morning in the Alentejo she answered the question “what happened that night when Joana left to go shopping ?” with “she left and never came home. Anyone who says she came home is lying”.

Leonor claims the only reason she admitted to having killed the little girl was because she was tortured by agents of the investigating PJ police.

“They tortured me so much, they left me black and blue from so much punching that I reached the point where I didn’t know what I was saying…”
This too is a sore point in the case: PJ inspectors Gonçalo Amaral and António Nunes Cardoso were given suspended jail sentences for profering false testimonies over the beating.

The condemnation was used liberally to discredit Amaral when he later went on to coordinate the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
But back to Joana, and fact that a body has never been found. Leonor told TVI this morning: “I was condemned without proof. I did not kill my daughter I would never have hurt her”.

Even more, she claims that she “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana, who would now be 22 years old.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/02/07/mother-jailed-for-killing-tragic-joana-released-to-get-on-with-life/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:21:40 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

I wouldn't believe a word that came out of this pairs mouth any more.  She talks of looking for Joana despite previously blaming her brother for killing her.  For his part, the brother again claims she was sold to foreigners after previously enacting how he cut her up into pieces before dumping her remains.

João Cipriano has now been jailed once for attempted murder and once for murder and is now walking the streets on parole. Glad he doesn't live anywhere near me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:29:19 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

Their own mother apparently wants nothing to do with the pair.

Mum knows best.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

Leonor Cipriano released from prison after serving five-sixths of her sentence.

Published 7 Feb 2019

Leonor Cipriano – the Algarve mother jailed in 2006 for the murder of her eight year old daughter Joana – has been released after serving five-sixths of her sentence.

Talking to TVI24 at the gates of Odemira jail this morning, she said she was leaving with her head held high.

“I am going to work. I have a little job. I don’t need to say anymore”.

But the questions remain. What really happened to tragic Joana whose body has never been found?

Leonor and her now estranged brother João admitted in court that they had killed the little girl at her home in Figueira, midway between Portimão and Mexilhoeira Grande.

João claims to have cut up her body and hidden it in a chest freezer. The child’s remains were later ‘fed to the pigs’.

“I didn’t hurt her, I just killed her”, João told the court which originally passed sentences on him of 19 years and two months, and on Leonor of 20 years and four months.

The prosecution’s case was based on the theory that Leonor and João were engaged in an incestuous relationship – and that they killed Joana for having walked in on them both in bed.

But there have always been those that doubted the story – neighbours particularly. And now Leonor has once again insisted that she had nothing to do with her daughter’s disappearance, least of all her death.

In the mists of this morning in the Alentejo she answered the question “what happened that night when Joana left to go shopping ?” with “she left and never came home. Anyone who says she came home is lying”.

Leonor claims the only reason she admitted to having killed the little girl was because she was tortured by agents of the investigating PJ police.

“They tortured me so much, they left me black and blue from so much punching that I reached the point where I didn’t know what I was saying…”
This too is a sore point in the case: PJ inspectors Gonçalo Amaral and António Nunes Cardoso were given suspended jail sentences for profering false testimonies over the beating.

The condemnation was used liberally to discredit Amaral when he later went on to coordinate the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
But back to Joana, and fact that a body has never been found. Leonor told TVI this morning: “I was condemned without proof. I did not kill my daughter I would never have hurt her”.

Even more, she claims that she “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana, who would now be 22 years old.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/02/07/mother-jailed-for-killing-tragic-joana-released-to-get-on-with-life/

Thank goodness Leonor is finally freed.  Do hope that the PJ stop bullying her.  Glad to see that she looks as tho she has been kindly looked after at Odemira jail and that she already has a job lined up.  I wonder if she will return to her home village, Figuiera; seems her neighbours believe in her innocence.

Thank goodness that some can see thru the imo disinformation and lies given out by the bucketful.

Now to find Joana, what truly happened to her.

Offline faithlilly

It seems that Cipriano was paroled in February last year and has vowed to keeping looking for her daughter. Do any those who believe that Joana is still alive know what steps she has taken in her goal ? Media appeals ? Balloon releasing ? Anything ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

It seems that Cipriano was paroled in February last year and has vowed to keeping looking for her daughter. Do any those who believe that Joana is still alive know what steps she has taken in her goal ? Media appeals ? Balloon releasing ? Anything ?

What do you expect Leonor Cipriano to do?  She is a Portuguese Peasant.  What a pile of shite.  How could you do this?

The Trial was a Farce by any normal standards.  But if you think that Britain would have tolerated this then you have got a serious problem.

But then it was only Portugal and a Portuguese Peasant, so who cares?

I can only hope that Amaral and his like will one day wonder about what they did.

Offline Venturi Swirl

How would anyone here know what Leonor Cipriano is or isn’t doing?  Must we assume that as we’ve not read about it in the papers the answer must be nothing?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

What do you expect Leonor Cipriano to do?  She is a Portuguese Peasant.  What a pile of shite.  How could you do this?

The Trial was a Farce by any normal standards.  But if you think that Britain would have tolerated this then you have got a serious problem.

But then it was only Portugal and a Portuguese Peasant, so who cares?

I can only hope that Amaral and his like will one day wonder about what they did.

She has a profile now...she is no longer a Portuguese peasant. She has the support of most of the Portuguese people, according to Davel. I’m sure the media would provide her with the exposure she needs if she asks. She could crowdfund to raise money...with all those supporters worldwide who believe her innocent surely she’d be able to raise enough to hire a lawyer to clear her name ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

She has a profile now...she is no longer a Portuguese peasant. She has the support of most of the Portuguese people, according to Davel. I’m sure the media would provide her with the exposure she needs if she asks. She could crowdfund to raise money...with all those supporters worldwide who believe her innocent surely she’d be able to raise enough to hire a lawyer to clear her name ?

could you at least try and get your facts right...not according to me...according to the Journalist Miguel Sousa Tavares

Offline Venturi Swirl

Why is she no longer a Portuguese peasant?  Is she on Portugal’s equivalent of Loose Women now or something? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

Why is she no longer a Portuguese peasant?  Is she on Portugal’s equivalent of Loose Women now or something?

Well, whatever but surely she could jump on the germans bandwagon.

For publicity, IIRC JC was mentioned as one of his victims

Offline faithlilly

Absolutely Kizzy. This would be an excellent time for her to restate her innocence.

Offline faithlilly

could you at least try and get your facts right...not according to me...according to the Journalist Miguel Sousa Tavares

You do know that your Portuguese journalist of choice didn’t even know that Cipriano had appealed the murder verdict and her appeal had been rejected.

Finger definitely on the pulse.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:04:39 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Pesonally I don’t think Cipriano is very bright.  I doubt she’s particularly savvy about drumming up support on the internet or has a PR agent.  Of course I may be underestimating her....

Offline kizzy

Pesonally I don’t think Cipriano is very bright.  I doubt she’s particularly savvy about drumming up support on the internet or has a PR agent.  Of course I may be underestimating her....

I believe you have underestimated her