Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81178 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
Have they interviewed anyone... Or have they sat in on interviews with the PJ asking their questions for them... I can't see how anyone can deny their ability to investigate is severely limited ...every part is subject to an ilor... How much time have they simply had to sit and wait til the ilor is granted

Six months per ILOR is the suggested guide line CPS[not solely for Portugal].
All this has been done ad nauseam.
That's the system for you, it will not change simply because a few folk believe the McCanns are a special case.
It's also what you wind up with after political interference [David Cameron allowing himself to be shanghaied into overruling his Home Sec and head of MPS].

The original objective of O.G was:
"The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before.
It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter".
What ever they were they have not advanced the case much.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
I suppose Given away is a possibility - a sort of staged abduction by agreement. No wackier an idea than others we've seen.
Fraught with all sorts of potential difficulties however, as time passes and child grows to maturity.

If this were the case, it certainly hasn't panned out as anticipated.
Wasn’t it suggested in  PJ’s question  #41  that the parents had discussed handing Madeleine over to others ?

Offline xtina

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »
For SY to investigate the case how they did....is like reading a who done it

with the begining missing...and half the characters.....

it is never going to make sense....or be solved

same as SY investigating.... starting halfway through the case......

not even knowing if maddie was even alive.......

my post is in my opinion

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:01:36 PM by John »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »
Edgar isn't investigating, is he? He's speaking to the media about his beliefs.
Well if you can explain how his comments are unhelpful please do go ahead.  Please remember to quote him verbatim when pointing out the problems with what he has said.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
There's a huge difference between an opinion based on evidence and a belief based on no evidence.
But which is which? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
Six months per ILOR is the suggested guide line CPS[not solely for Portugal].
All this has been done ad nauseam.
That's the system for you, it will not change simply because a few folk believe the McCanns are a special case.
It's also what you wind up with after political interference [David Cameron allowing himself to be shanghaied into overruling his Home Sec and head of MPS].

The original objective of O.G was:
"The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before.
It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter".
What ever they were they have not advanced the case much.

which supports my statement that SY are severely hampered because they cannot investigate in portugal...thank you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »
Davel investigating in Portugal may be difficult and more long winded but not impossible as you say.

"Their restriction has been they cannot investigate in Portugal"

They can and are investigating in Portugal.

Try reading alice's post

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
Wasn’t it suggested in  PJ’s question  #41  that the parents had discussed handing Madeleine over to others ?

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that this true.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »
Their restriction has been they cannot investigate in Portugal

I think they must have known that before they started.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that this true.

It’s a strange thing to pluck out of the air if there is no truth to it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2018, 06:05:01 PM »
It’s a strange thing to pluck out of the air if there is no truth to it.

Perhaps there is evidence  not in the public domain, that prompted the question.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sunny

« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »
Try reading alice's post

Alice quoted this

How do you carry out "investigative approaches" without investigating Davel?  Alice/s quote does not say this "Their restriction has been they cannot investigate in Portugal"
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
I think they must have known that before they started.

I'm sure they did... I was responding to angelos post that that they were investigating with both their hands behind their back.... I pointed out that the biggest restriction is the one that limits their ability to investigate in portugal

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:48 PM »
which supports my statement that SY are severely hampered because they cannot investigate in portugal...thank you

Everyone knew that before O.G. started. They would have been civilians in Portugal with no powers so it is hardly an earth shattering revelation 11 years down the track is it now?
The scuttlebutt at the time among supporters was " just you wait, SY, a real police force, will go through it like a dose of salts" etc. It would seem that did not occur. Rather predictably it didn't happen and the blame is now being placed on the system.
We had much ado about 130 odd leads identified. What's the excuse over that seemingly having gone nowhere fast?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
IYO, don't forget  ?{)(**

It is so often what you don't say that matters.