Author Topic: Panorama Special on 10th Anniversary  (Read 23212 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Panorama Special on 10th Anniversary
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2017, 10:35:13 PM »
@Shining
How much impact has this law had on Luz & surrounding area? (Off topic, I know, but perhaps relevant to general trade in Luz)

https://degtev.com/waterfront-property-portugal-land-grab-threat/
I haven't heard of it, and we were not aware of it.

I have a neighbour from about 9 months ago, who came into Portugal on a 'golden parachute'.  The deal was that if you invested €500k in Portugal, you bypassed most of the regulations.  I would think his property is worth 1 to 2 million, but I haven't asked and he hasn't told me.

The property we have bought in Portelas has been valued at €360k, so it won't pass the golden parachute test.

It has a huge amount of land behind it.  The land is classed as agricultural and ecological, and this means we are permitted to put SFA on it.  Indeed, when we bought it, the bank which had repoed it had to rip out lots of features in the garden before they could sell it to us.

We are not near the sea front.  We are not near a waterway.  We are sitting on top of a village well.  I predict the local council will get in touch with us to enforce that we supply the village with cheap water.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
I don't have to visit its common sense combined with reading some reviews
Poor wifi is a massive turn off these days
Do you know the details seeing as you have been there and I haven't
I do
And the growth in all inclusive
The vast majority of people are probably unaware as to where in Portugal Maddie was abducted from

I agree that most families are looking for all inclusive holidays. PDL has never looked as a resort which would appeal to other than family holidaymakers. Rather than the "Madeleine "effect  to declining numbers of holiday  makers, it may be that the numerous photographs of the resort which have been published have shown the resort as much less a desirable resort to visit than the many other options which are available. imo
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

ferryman

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:48 PM »
Surely the biggest "downer" on any local economy is an unsolved crime of a child that, according to a shelved police enquiry, is (most likely!) to have been murdered.

That is what the first (shelved) enquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine concluded is most likely to have happened to Madeleine.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:37:57 PM by ferryman »

Offline barrier

« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »
Surely the biggest "downer" on any local economy is an unsolved crime of a child that, according to a shelved police enquiry, is (most likely!) to have been murdered.

That is what the first (shelved) enquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine concluded is most likely to have happened to Madeleine.
Coupled with a foreign police force trying to stitch up some locals.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »

I'm sure you've posted previously that the archived inquiry decided she was abducted?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2017, 08:29:01 AM »
Coupled with a foreign police force trying to stitch up some locals.
makes a change from the local police trying to stitch up some foreigners I guess... 8(0(*

Offline barrier

« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »
makes a change from the local police trying to stitch up some foreigners I guess... 8(0(*
Never the twain.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »
The deputy PJ director, Pedro do Corma, comes across to me as level-headed.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
Yeah and smart. He wouldn't criticise the 2007 investigation.

"If it depended on my heart, the case would already be solved. But it doesn’t depend on my heart. It depends, very much, on our minds.”  Pedro do Carmo

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »
Yeah and smart. He wouldn't criticise the 2007 investigation.

"If it depended on my heart, the case would already be solved. But it doesn’t depend on my heart. It depends, very much, on our minds.”  Pedro do Carmo

My daughter, who doesn't follow the case, saw him being interviewed and decided he was very clever and very careful what he said.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2017, 01:27:43 AM »
Wasn't the Fenn's apartment above the Payne's apartment?  It could have been the Payne's child crying, for there was no proof (independent verification) that the child monitoring device was actually working that night.

How did I get that so wrong?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2017, 01:52:47 AM »
How did I get that so wrong?

We all make mistakes.  Well done for admitting it.  Many dont.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Bal.png

Mrs Fenn was:
Adjacent to The Paynes
Above The Mccanns
Possibly also above The Oldfields, who appear to have a rather small apartment.  It is difficult to tell where Mrs Fenns finishes at its western end.  Was it over The Oldfields flat, or not?

We dont know