Author Topic: Can Maddie ever receive justice in Portugal?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline John

Re: Can Maddie ever receive justice in Portugal?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
Is there even the slightest evidence that clothes belonging to the previous inhabitant who died, were taken back there ?

The granddaughter thought so.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »
I disagree, any parent of a missing child would do what the parents of Ben did and that was to stay and encourage both police and civilians to look for the child.  Alas, no trace of Ben has ever been found but they tried, they put personal gain aside and dedicated their lives to finding their missing child.  The Needham's don't attract hate, derision and loathing.

Unless someone comes forward, I cannot see Madeleine ever getting justice but it won't be the good people of Portugal to blame.

"The Needham's don't attract hate, derision and loathing"

How awful that it is accepted that Madeleine's parents attract "hate,  derision and loathing"
Is that what  you mean?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:46:45 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Benice

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
I disagree, any parent of a missing child would do what the parents of Ben did and that was to stay and encourage both police and civilians to look for the child.  Alas, no trace of Ben has ever been found but they tried, they put personal gain aside and dedicated their lives to finding their missing child.  The Needham's don't attract hate, derision and loathing.

Unless someone comes forward, I cannot see Madeleine ever getting justice but it won't be the good people of Portugal to blame.

The main reason why Ben's family were not given the same vile treatment as the McCanns is because the internet was not prolific in those days.  Even so - they haven't completely escaped  criticism and suspicion.  Neither has Sarah Payne, who was forced to close her Twitter account because of the abject cruelty of some spiteful people.

The internet has increasingly  been used by barmy and/or nasty conspiracy theorists to get their kicks.      Nowadays it seems to be the norm for these people to attach themselves to every tragedy going.     Once upon a time they only had poison pen letters to spread their bile.  So much easier to do now from behind a computer screen.   Cowards, the lot of them IMO.

The disgusting character assassination campaign which was launched against the McCanns and their friends by elements of the PJ and others in order to sway public opinion against them - was and is truly shameful.  Add to that the different customs, the bafflilng (to me) legal system,  the differences in culture, even the language barrier and a desire to protect their tourist industry at all costs  - and I would say that Madeleine does not have a cat in hells chance of ever receiving justice in Portual.

The  McCanns have followed the advice of the experts on how to give Madeleine the best possible chance of being found.   Why doing that is considered to be wrong by some people is beyond my comprehension.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 04:57:09 PM »
I dont think any normal person feels hate...derision and loathing towards the mccanns. Does anyone on this forum feel that way

stephen25000

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »
The granddaughter thought so.

The first I've heard of that.

Evidently she wasn't sure.

stephen25000

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 05:08:01 PM »
I dont think any normal person feels hate...derision and loathing towards the mccanns. Does anyone on this forum feel that way

Would that be the same way that no McCann supporter has similar thoughts about Amaral or Grime ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:16:57 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline misty

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 05:09:28 PM »
It's sad to see that as soon as we broach the subject of justice for Madeleine in Portugal it is only her parents who are discussed. Is there a consensus that justice can only seen to be done if they are prosecuted, whatever the eventual outcome of any investigation?

In a legal system where the SC used & changed the meaning of a criminal report in order to conclude a civil case, how can anyone retain faith that the judges would impartially criminally prosecute anyone in Madeleine's case? IMO by the time all the legal framework had been completed to prosecute anyone the case would have exceeded its procedural  time limits & any perps. would walk free.

stephen25000

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »
there is no evidence of maddies death in the apartment

So why did Redwood say Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive ?

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
It's sad to see that as soon as we broach the subject of justice for Madeleine in Portugal it is only her parents who are discussed. Is there a consensus that justice can only seen to be done if they are prosecuted, whatever the eventual outcome of any investigation?

In a legal system where the SC used & changed the meaning of a criminal report in order to conclude a civil case, how can anyone retain faith that the judges would impartially criminally prosecute anyone in Madeleine's case? IMO by the time all the legal framework had been completed to prosecute anyone the case would have exceeded its procedural  time limits & any perps. would walk free.

The point is Misty, the perpetrator or perpetrators are undetermined, assuming of course Madeleine didn't walk out of the apartment herself.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
Would that be the same way that no McCann supporter has similar thoughts about Amaral ?

Yes

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »
if they had been arrested then it may well have been that politicians would have been unable to help them

....and create a political incident. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »
So why did Redwood say Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive ?

because she may not have

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »
....and create a political incident. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

you are assuning your opinion as fact and it isnt.....

once the mccanns were arrested everything would change.......no political influence could be used to interfere with the prosecution of the McCanns

stephen25000

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »
you are assuning your opinion as fact and it isnt.....

once the mccanns were arrested everything would change.......no political influence could be used to interfere with the prosecution of the McCanns

All hypothetical.

They were in no danger at all.

Let's not forget either, Carter Ruck, and the anti-extradition lawyer Caplan.

You know, the one who defended Pinochet.  8(0(*

Yep, the McCann's were in no danger at all.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 05:26:40 PM »

Leaving aside justice for Maddie for a moment I want to see a criminal investigation into who was behind the attempts to pervert the course of justice involving Correia and Marcos. Somebody associated with the Madeleine campaign had to be involved in that decision making and I want that matter resolved.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!