Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243503 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1530 on: April 23, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »
What a daft suggestion imo. What possible motive would the interpreter have for lying?

What a daft reply... Imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1531 on: April 23, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
Who said he lied?  Is there no other explanation?

Gerry McCann speaks to the interpreter in English.
The interpreter rells Joao Carlos what he said in Portuguese.
Joao Catlos types it up.
When they've finished the statement is read back to Gerry McCann in English.
He signs each page to say it's correct.

The only way the statement can differ from what Gerry McCann said is if the onterpreter told Joao Carlos the wtong words after Gerry spoke, then told Gerry the correct words when reading it back imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1532 on: April 23, 2019, 09:27:47 PM »
Gerry McCann speaks to the interpreter in English.
The interpreter rells Joao Carlos what he said in Portuguese.
Joao Catlos types it up.
When they've finished the statement is read back to Gerry McCann in English.
He signs each page to say it's correct.

The only way the statement can differ from what Gerry McCann said is if the onterpreter told Joao Carlos the wtong words after Gerry spoke, then told Gerry the correct words when reading it back imo.

Saying the wrong words is not necessarily lying

The typist doesn't type what Gerry said once translated into Portuguese.. He paraphrased in Portuguese what Gerry has, said in English... Simple.. No room for error there
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:34:15 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1533 on: April 23, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »
Saying the wrong words is not necessarily lying

If someone tells me they entered through an open sliding door and I tell someone ellse they entered through a locked door using a key I am lying in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1534 on: April 23, 2019, 10:02:56 PM »
If someone tells me they entered through an open sliding door and I tell someone ellse they entered through a locked door using a key I am lying in my opinion.
What a strange post IMO.  You would know whether you were lying or not, it wouldn’t be a matter of opinion.  You could also simply be mistaken.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1535 on: April 23, 2019, 11:07:57 PM »
What a strange post IMO.  You would know whether you were lying or not, it wouldn’t be a matter of opinion.  You could also simply be mistaken.
Semantics.   &%%6
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1536 on: April 24, 2019, 12:53:51 AM »
What a daft suggestion imo. What possible motive would the interpreter have for lying?

The Interpreter quite possibly assumed.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1537 on: April 24, 2019, 12:56:53 AM »
The Interpreter quite possibly assumed.

If that assumption was wrong Gerry would have said so and requested it be altered. He has never struck me as backwards at coming forward.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1538 on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »
If that assumption was wrong Gerry would have said so and requested it be altered. He has never struck me as backwards at coming forward.
How he strikes you is of no consequence and adds nothing to the discussion IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1539 on: April 24, 2019, 07:51:04 AM »
How he strikes you is of no consequence and adds nothing to the discussion IMO.

Suggesting that the interpreter couldn't do the job is pure speculation and adds nothing to the discussion either imo. It seems the only way the McCanns can be defended is by suggesting that everyone else is lacking in some way.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1540 on: April 24, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »
Suggesting that the interpreter couldn't do the job is pure speculation and adds nothing to the discussion either imo. It seems the only way the McCanns can be defended is by suggesting that everyone else is lacking in some way.

The system was lacking... Suggesting the statements are accurate is pure speculation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1541 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Rubbish IMO.  IMO there is a good reason why why the statements may have been inaccurate apart from lying on anyone’s part, and that is simple human fallibility, either Gerry’s or the interpreters.  Not everyone has to by lying every time there is a discrepancy fgs.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1542 on: April 24, 2019, 09:02:29 AM »
The whole thing was always going to be debatable.  Amaral never had a hope in hells chance, so he resorted to lying and leaking, probably because no one was ever going to get near to beating Kate McCann.  But don't kid yourselves that he wouldn't have done.

Amaral is a lying, phillandering, thieving disgrace, which all occurred  long before Madeleine was abducted.

Offline The General

« Reply #1543 on: April 24, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »
The whole thing was always going to be debatable.  Amaral never had a hope in hells chance, so he resorted to lying and leaking, probably because no one was ever going to get near to beating Kate McCann.  But don't kid yourselves that he wouldn't have done.

Amaral is a lying, phillandering, thieving disgrace, which all occurred  long before Madeleine was abducted.

And through all this, knowing that this case had grown arms, legs and an arse, with the world watching, in full knowledge that his entire life was about to be raked over in minute detail, he went ahead, put his proverbial on the block and told us his theory regardless.
Guess what, by the way, I've lied, thieved and philandered too. I'm a disgrace. I'm going to flagellate myself in a cupboard in the office - again.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1544 on: April 24, 2019, 09:40:38 AM »
And through all this, knowing that this case had grown arms, legs and an arse, with the world watching, in full knowledge that his entire life was about to be raked over in minute detail, he went ahead, put his proverbial on the block and told us his theory regardless.
Guess what, by the way, I've lied, thieved and philandered too. I'm a disgrace. I'm going to flagellate myself in a cupboard in the office - again.

OMG, I am beginning to like you.  Would you like to swap stories?  I bet mine are worse than yours.  Or perhaps not.

Perhaps you have no concept of previous Portuguese justice during which women, and sometimes men have been beaten into confessing.