Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243502 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2295 on: April 29, 2019, 09:29:02 AM »
Madeleine McCann: Portuguese refuse to reopen case

Portuguese judicial authorities say there is no new evidence to warrant re-investigation despite call from Met to reopen inquiry

Sandra Laville, crime correspondent

Thu 26 Apr 2012 16.04 BST

The Portuguese attorney general has appeared to rule out reopening the Madeleine McCann case despite a call to do so from Scotland Yard.

A statement from his office said that until now it has not been necessary to reopen the case. It added: "As it has always been said, the public ministry [Portugal's body of independent public prosecutors] will only open the case if new, credible and relevant facts arise, and not more hypotheses or speculations."

The response was the first from the Portuguese judicial authorities since senior Scotland Yard detectives made clear on Wednesday that they wanted the investigation into her disappearance reopened.

DCI Andy Redwood, who is leading an investigative review of all the evidence in the case, said his team was developing "genuinely new information" and that colleagues in Portugal who are part of a police review team based in Oporto, were of the same mind as him that the case should be reopened. He said that, from the material his team were seeing, he believed there was a possibility Madeleine could be alive and referred to cases in which children have been abducted and discovered alive many years later.

Next week will mark five years since Madeleine went missing from her family's Algarve holiday flat as her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, dined nearby.

There have been hundreds of possible sightings of the girl since she vanished, but each one has come to nothing.

The Portuguese statement came after family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the McCanns were "hugely encouraged" by the recent momentum in the case. Kate McCann was said to be particularly pleased with the a new image of Madeleine, depicting how she might look now, believing it had a strong family resemblance.

Referring to the police's view that they have 195 potential new leads, Mitchell told BBC Breakfast: "Kate and Gerry welcome this and they are hugely encouraged by what the police have been doing all of this last year since the launch of the investigative review. They [Scotland Yard] believe that it is quite possible that Madeleine could still be alive and that is what Kate and Gerry have said throughout the five years and they are hugely encouraged by all of this momentum in the case."

He said that, like the British police, the McCanns want the case to be reopened. But he added such a move was "up to the Portuguese authorities".

Redwood confirmed that his team of more than 30 officers had been to Portugal seven times, including a visit to the family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz.

An investigative review was launched last year after a meeting between former Met commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and the Home Office.

Detectives in Portugal are also understood to want the case reopened but to do so they must gain judicial approval via the courts.

Redwood's team have uncovered 195 investigative opportunities and have carried out a forensic analysis of the timeline of the child's disappearance to establish the windows of opportunity in which she could have been abducted.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/26/madeleine-mccann-portuguese-police-refuse

I was referring to before or at the same time as appealing to David Cameron. It is obvious from this article that the request to reopen the Portuguese investigation came from SY.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #2296 on: April 29, 2019, 09:32:23 AM »
I would really prefer if in any post to me you do not use the word "Jesus" as a swear word.
I know it's not in the least offensive to many but it is to me.
Thank you.

No offense intended.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2297 on: April 29, 2019, 09:34:26 AM »

Does he agree with you in your belief  that her parents are complicit in her disappearance

He doesn’t say. He says ‘we don’t want to start rumours that that’s a line of enquiry’ to paraphrase....but he doesn’t directly say that it isn’t.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2298 on: April 29, 2019, 09:35:06 AM »
I'm sure, they've been interviewed... 100%
Still opinion.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2299 on: April 29, 2019, 09:36:50 AM »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2300 on: April 29, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
He doesn’t say. He says ‘we don’t want to start rumours that that’s a line of enquiry’ to paraphrase....but he doesn’t directly say that it isn’t.

As clear as mud then?
Do you still believe that Madeleine's parents are complicit in her disappearance?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2301 on: April 29, 2019, 09:39:46 AM »
Still opinion.

As is Barriers post.
So opinions from both?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2302 on: April 29, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
As is Barriers post.
So opinions from both?
You would have to use the URL to that post for me to be sure we are discussing the same "Barrier's post".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2303 on: April 29, 2019, 09:44:04 AM »
The last few post's imo bring into stark contrast what seperates sceptics from supporters,
The infamous Rowley interview never once mentioned the McCanns being interviewed only that there was not a need reopen that as a line of investigation after having it dealt with the original investigation(a ringing endorsement if ever there was one) this was in response to the question:

"Q: Andy Redwood, the first senior investigating officer, said in one interview his policy was to go right
back to the beginning, accept nothing, but one thing you appear to have accepted is that this was an
abduction. It’s in your first remit statement, it refers to ‘the abduction’, which rather suggests right from
the start you had a closed mind to the possibility of parents’ involvement, an accident or Madeleine
simply walking out of the apartment.

Supporters as a whole see this as yes they have bound to have been questioned,and never the twain shall meet.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2304 on: April 29, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »
A reminder from on high to keep posts convivial at all times. Cheers.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2305 on: April 29, 2019, 09:46:23 AM »
You would have to use the URL to that post for me to be sure we are discussing the same "Barrier's post".

Can't be bothered !
If I may be allowed to say so, you do seem to have a much stricter standard of demanding cites from Davel than any other posters..
This may be a wrong observation on my part but it is my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:58:06 AM by Erngath »

Offline barrier

« Reply #2306 on: April 29, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »
A reminder from on high to keep posts convivial at all times. Cheers.

As ever.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2307 on: April 29, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »
i  think if   SY said aliens   abducted maddie some supporters would lap it  up

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2308 on: April 29, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »
The last few post's imo bring into stark contrast what seperates sceptics from supporters,
The infamous Rowley interview never once mentioned the McCanns being interviewed only that there was not a need reopen that as a line of investigation after having it dealt with the original investigation(a ringing endorsement if ever there was one) this was in response to the question:

"Q: Andy Redwood, the first senior investigating officer, said in one interview his policy was to go right
back to the beginning, accept nothing, but one thing you appear to have accepted is that this was an
abduction. It’s in your first remit statement, it refers to ‘the abduction’, which rather suggests right from
the start you had a closed mind to the possibility of parents’ involvement, an accident or Madeleine
simply walking out of the apartment.

Supporters as a whole see this as yes they have bound to have been questioned,and never the twain shall meet.

And sceptics as a whole see this is yes they have not been questioned .
Why do you believe NSY have never questioned them?
Is the above statement your reason for your belief?

Offline barrier

« Reply #2309 on: April 29, 2019, 09:51:29 AM »
i  think if   SY said aliens   abducted maddie some supporters would lap it  up

They! didn't?