Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243514 times)

Offline The General

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2415 on: April 30, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »

I had to google  to find out who is Joey Essex.
I doubt he has been been subjected to even a fraction of the abuse directed at Madeleine's family.
Like Brietta I too am interested in why this one particular case has attracted so much vitriol and abuse.
This has lasted nearly twelve years!
It hasn't. It's longevity sets it apart. It's not difficult to explain - data in, data out. There's a different story issued weekly about it, so it is perpetuated in the media for the idiots to shout naughty words about.
The 'abuse' is broadly in proportion with everything else they find distasteful - if Katy Hopkins makes an appearance there's a spike in abuse that is off the scale - it's the brevity and shelf life is the difference, but proportionately it's about the same.
There's nothing special about the McCann's.
And Joey Essex was an example.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2416 on: April 30, 2019, 11:36:17 AM »
It hasn't. It's longevity sets it apart. It's not difficult to explain - data in, data out. There's a different story issued weekly about it, so it is perpetuated in the media for the idiots to shout naughty words about.
The 'abuse' is broadly in proportion with everything else they find distasteful - if Katy Hopkins makes an appearance there's a spike in abuse that is off the scale - it's the brevity and shelf life is the difference, but proportionately it's about the same.
There's nothing special about the McCann's.
And Joey Essex was an example.
I think you are wrong based on the fact that there, are, almost no other subjects where newspapers have had to close off comments... The abuse being so bad

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2417 on: April 30, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »

Would you care to show the evidence that Maddie -  was abducted.

Just been listening to the podcast 9 -  there are so many doubts and inaccuracy about so-called evidence.

It's not as cut a dried as you think B - or try to make it out to be.

So you believe Madeleine was not abducted ... but are unable to show the evidence for that belief.

I think that regrettable but is par for the course of sceptic belief.

I did mention to you that two national police forces have launched investigations into Madeleine's abduction which are still live?  If not, I do so now.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2418 on: April 30, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »

Similar to the manner in which sceptics do not believe Madeleine was abducted and many of those sceptics judge, condemn and verbally abuse the family of Madeleine?

Two wrongs don't make a right. The comments posted weren't anywhere near as abusive as the reaction to them either imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2419 on: April 30, 2019, 11:47:01 AM »
I think you are wrong based on the fact that there, are, almost no other subjects where newspapers have had to close off comments... The abuse being so bad

Or where a convicted axe murderer can set up a blog to denigrate the family of a missing child and gains credence and apparent acceptance from like minded sceptics.  So bizarre ... but so true.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2420 on: April 30, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Two wrongs don't make a right. The comments posted weren't anywhere near as abusive as the reaction to them either imo.

Still nothing about why the abuse has lasted for twelve years and why it is apparently wrong to question that level of opprobrium directed anonymously at strangers..

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2421 on: April 30, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »
Belief.. Opinion... Theory... Based on the evidence

Nothing is proved. Until it is different opinions are inevitable and understandable. In my opinion name-calling is unacceptible no matter who does it. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2422 on: April 30, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »
Still nothing about why the abuse has lasted for twelve years and why it is apparently wrong to question that level of opprobrium directed anonymously at strangers..

I thought the General had covered that in his observation of constant, or at least ongoing  McCann-related articles in the media.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2423 on: April 30, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »
Nothing is proved. Until it is different opinions are inevitable and understandable. In my opinion name-calling is unacceptible no matter who does it.

There s evidence... No one has mentioned proof.. I agree about the name calling...

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2424 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:57 PM »

As the case is active, of course it is going to be discussed and commented on.  Sheesh!

And as Team McCann uses 'a friend of the family' or 'a source close to the family' to make comments on developments, whilst relying on personal anonymity, and the mantra of 'the McCanns will not comment about developments during a live investigation', why should those querying what happened to MBM not use similar tactics?   Sheesh!

In my working days the term used for this was a 'no brainer'.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2425 on: April 30, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
As the case is active, of course it is going to be discussed and commented on.  Sheesh!

And as Team McCann uses 'a friend of the family' or 'a source close to the family' to make comments on developments, whilst relying on personal anonymity, and the mantra of 'the McCanns will not comment about developments during a live investigation', why should those querying what happened to MBM not use similar tactics?   Sheesh!

We are not talking about comments... The topic is abuse

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2426 on: April 30, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »

There are no other stories that have been reported so frequently for so long imo. One wonders why the comments were allowed, then not allowed, then allowed again. Was that really just a reaction to their content?
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2427 on: April 30, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
We are not talking about comments... The topic is abuse

The word used was opprobrium.  I'm confident you can tell the difference.

And the topic is "Sceptics beliefs", not abuse.

What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2428 on: April 30, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
There are no other stories that have been reported so frequently for so long imo. One wonders why the comments were allowed, then not allowed, then allowed again. Was that really just a reaction to their content?

It's what the McCanns wanted - constant exposure in the media. Hence Bell Pottinger, etc.
They just failed to factor in the downside of such exposure.
All IMO, of course.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2429 on: April 30, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »

You have used the word comment throughout your post so I think it's, safe to assume it's comments you are referring to... Comments, are fine but what is being discussed here is, abuse