Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243495 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2445 on: April 30, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
Poor child. If only the landfill nearest Luz had been checked soon after May 3rd.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-missing-boy-landfill-20190429-story.html

Homicide detectives will continue the search Tuesday for a missing 6-year-old boy whose body is believed to be in a landfill in Victorville.
Duke Flores had been missing for two weeks, his mother, Jackee Contreras, told deputies with the Apple Valley Police Department on Thursday after a family member requested a welfare check.
On Monday, the San Bernardino County district attorney's office filed charges against Contreras, 29, and the boy’s aunt, Jennifer Contreras, also 29, of one count each of murder.
The boy’s mother was initially booked into the High Desert Detention Center on suspicion of child neglect after her delay in reporting that her son was missing. She and the boy’s aunt were arrested on suspicion of murder after detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division and homicide detail responded to the 22000 block of Cherokee Avenue for further investigation.
Detectives believe, based off investigative leads, that Duke was placed in a trash bin, authorities said Monday.
Dozens of people — including homicide detectives, 36 San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department volunteers, 17 additional Sheriff’s Department personnel and landfill staff — and three dogs from K-9 units searched the landfill Monday for Duke.
The search area is an estimated 4,900 feet square and 10 feet deep, which is about 600 tons of material.
The investigation is ongoing, and both women are being held without bail.
Authorities ask that anyone with information contact Det. Narcie Sousa or Sgt. AJ Gibilterra at (909) 387-3589.
The two women will be arraigned on Tuesday at the Victorville Superior Court.
Times staff writer Jaclyn Cosgrove contributed to this report.

Is it a sceptic belief that the police search under the coordinator Amaral was inadequate?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2446 on: April 30, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
Lol.
I was being just  a little sarcastic!
Of course there is no solid evidence in that interview, there's no evidence at all,  just a great deal of meaningless waffle. I M O
Could you explain to me what my "agenda" is.?

Same as the meaningless waffle from the mcns IMO -  doctors

Its an expert opinion of what he is paid/trained  to do - Criminal Psychologist Dr. Christian Ludke

Offline jassi

« Reply #2447 on: April 30, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
Is it a sceptic belief that the police search under the coordinator Amaral was inadequate?

Difficult to assess, given the short period of time he was involved.
OG have been investigating for much longer and have failed to to advance any further, as far as we can see.
Are they proving inadequate ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 03:04:42 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #2448 on: April 30, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
And here we are again with the tiresome, loaded question. If 'we' as 'sceptics' Borg Collective respond no, then it  invalidates the initial point. If we say yes, then it's another 'thank you, finally! Pats self on head moment'.
It's pretty transparent.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2449 on: April 30, 2019, 03:02:08 PM »
The  alleged abduction has been publicised for twelve years as a fact. although that has never been proved. Why should those who know it's not a proven fact not be allowed to say so? Not all of the comments are objectionable, so
I find it difficult to understand your anonymous defence of these strangers.

I don't see anyone disallowing individuals their say ... is that what you are contending in your post?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2450 on: April 30, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »
An anonymous undiscovered paedophile spent years attacking those who didn't believe the McCanns and being praised for doing so. Equally bizarre and equally true. Better the devil you know imo.

Can't you see the difference?  The crimes of the paedophile were unsuspected and unknown ... there was no secret that the axe murderer had battered a woman to death using an axe.

I rather think that exposure of the former guaranteed his ostracisation ... whereas I know the latter became a celebrated blogger despite prior knowledge of his crime.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2451 on: April 30, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
Lol.
I was being just  a little sarcastic!
Of course there is no solid evidence in that interview, there's no evidence at all,  just a great deal of meaningless waffle. I M O
Could you explain to me what my "agenda" is.?

I believe there was a spate of such 'expert' pronouncements on body language on Portuguese TV at the time ... who needs them? ... America has shared Pat Brown with us.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2452 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:18 PM »
Difficult to assess, given the short period of time he was involved.
OG have been investigating for much longer and have failed to to advance any further, as far as we can see.
Are they proving inadequate ?

If refuse disposal methods and appliances were not checked out in the immediate aftermath of a disappearance by the police isn't that negligent to say the least?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2453 on: April 30, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »

Same as the meaningless waffle from the mcns IMO -  doctors

Its an expert opinion of what he is paid/trained  to do - Criminal Psychologist Dr. Christian Ludke

And his expert opinion proves zilch!

I'm still waiting for you to explain what my  "agenda" is?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2454 on: April 30, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »
And here we are again with the tiresome, loaded question. If 'we' as 'sceptics' Borg Collective respond no, then it  invalidates the initial point. If we say yes, then it's another 'thank you, finally! Pats self on head moment'.
It's pretty transparent.

Then what is the answer?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2455 on: April 30, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
If refuse disposal methods and appliances were not checked out in the immediate aftermath of a disappearance by the police isn't that negligent to say the least?

Not necessarily.
Even to this day, there is no evidence to believe that she is festering away at the bottom of one of these.
Indeed the McCanns would be the first to refute any such suggestion.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2456 on: April 30, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Not necessarily.
Even to this day, there is no evidence to believe that she is festering away at the bottom of one of these.
Indeed the McCanns would be the first to refute any such suggestion.

Understandable, don't you think?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2457 on: April 30, 2019, 03:39:51 PM »
Understandable, don't you think?

Indeed, but unless they were being totally hypocritical, they wouldn't slag the PJ off for not looking in the tips.
Why should others?

Or maybe not -

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2458 on: April 30, 2019, 03:44:10 PM »
Indeed, but unless they were being totally hypocritical, they wouldn't slag the PJ off for not looking in the tips.
Why should others?

They might not want to think of such a possibility but if the PJ had presented them with the fact that it was a possibility and that a search should take place, I don't think they would have slagged them off.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2459 on: April 30, 2019, 03:47:28 PM »

In a word, nope.

Here's the longer explanation, should you need it.

Suppose Madeleine had been taken to the eastern Algarve, dumped in a wheelie bin, and went into the single landfill along the coast?  Should that have been searched too?

Or however many landfill sites there might have been in the Alentejo?  Or those taking rubbish from Lisbon or Porto?  How about the landfill sites in Spain?  Or Morocco?  Or any of the other countries alleging a sighting?

In summary, nope.
What's up, old man?