Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243506 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2700 on: May 04, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
As stated, it's my opinion.

Glad you have an opinion on something/anything that you are prepared to share ... but just a reminder ... the topic of the thread is sceptic beliefs 'twould be great if you kept to that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #2701 on: May 04, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
Glad you have an opinion on something/anything that you are prepared to share ... but just a reminder ... the topic of the thread is sceptic beliefs 'twould be great if you kept to that.

If there aren't any, then what?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2702 on: May 04, 2019, 10:59:56 AM »
If there aren't any, then what?
We really don't have to reference anything denied by sceptics on this forum.  Very much a case of 'that's my story and I'm sticking to it' I have found.
There are so many, many examples of fervently held sceptic beliefs on the internet ... much of it highly repetitive I must admit (but reinforcing the fact of widely held beliefs) ... that I think this thread could run ad infinitum.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2703 on: May 04, 2019, 11:23:28 AM »
We really don't have to reference anything denied by sceptics on this forum.  Very much a case of 'that's my story and I'm sticking to it' I have found.
There are so many, many examples of fervently held sceptic beliefs on the internet ... much of it highly repetitive I must admit (but reinforcing the fact of widely held beliefs) ... that I think this thread could run ad infinitum.

No-one here is answerable for what is said by unknown, unconnected others elsewhere on the internet. Perhaps one day you'll understand that and stop trying to perpetuate your (imo) myth that sceptics are collectively responsible.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:15:45 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2704 on: May 04, 2019, 12:22:27 PM »

In my opinion there are none. All I can see is sceptics being accused of having beliefs. Those accusing them believe they have beliefs and they believe they know what they are. In almost 200 pages they have, imo, failed to prove their beliefs are correct.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2705 on: May 04, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
In my opinion there are none. All I can see is sceptics being accused of having beliefs. Those accusing them believe they have beliefs and they believe they know what they are. In almost 200 pages they have, imo, failed to prove their beliefs are correct.

Sceptics do have beliefs... I dint know why you are so offended

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2706 on: May 04, 2019, 12:33:28 PM »

You've just stated your opinion.. That's a belief..
You believe the statements are accurate.. That's a belief

Offline The General

« Reply #2707 on: May 04, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »
Ive just shown your facts re supporters are wrong..
i havent seen anyone claim that all sceptics believe all the same things...thats just your assumption as well
Take the wonky gigs off - every other post on this thread from a McBliever states 'sceptics believe'. I'm not going to be arsed to quote them.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2708 on: May 04, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »
Take the wonky gigs off - every other post on this thread from a McBliever states 'sceptics believe'. I'm not going to be arsed to quote them.

Yes sceptics believe.... Not ALL sceptics believe  ALL same
things.. .and what a pathetic point to argue about..

Offline The General

« Reply #2709 on: May 04, 2019, 12:43:26 PM »
Yes sceptics believe.... Not ALL sceptics believe  ALL same
things.. .and what a pathetic point to argue about..
Neh neh, no, you're pathetic, neh, neh.........how old?
So stop arguing then.
By definition you apply the label to all sceptics whether you use the word 'all' or not, unless you qualify with 'some' or 'a number'.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:49:08 PM by The General »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2710 on: May 04, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »
Neh neh, no, you're pathetic, neh, neh.........how old?
So stop arguing then.
By definition you apply the label to all sceptics whether you use the word 'all' or not, unless you qualify with 'some' or 'a number'.

No it doesn't.. It's a GENERALisation.... I thought you of all would realise

Offline The General

« Reply #2711 on: May 04, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »
No it doesn't.. It's a GENERALisation.... I thought you of all would realise
You've literally just agreed - you've forgotten what you were arguing about, clearly.
Another generalisation - If all the sceptics you know can spell, you might make the generalisation that all sceptics can spell.

Anyway, it's moot. Let's move on, you big, scary cuddly badger.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2712 on: May 04, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
You've just stated your opinion.. That's a belief..
You believe the statements are accurate.. That's a belief

I don't equate opinions with beliefs. In my opinion beliefs are opinions based on faith rather than evidence.

That's a very good example actually. I accepted the statements for what they are; a record of what people told the PJ. The question of accuracy is of interest only to supporters, and is only used to defend the McCanns and their friends imo. The starting point isn't that I believe they're accurate, it's that I disbelieve the supporter claim that they're inaccurate because I've seen no real evidence of it, just speculation.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2713 on: May 04, 2019, 02:14:06 PM »
I don't equate opinions with beliefs. In my opinion beliefs are opinions based on faith rather than evidence.

That's a very good example actually. I accepted the statements for what they are; a record of what people told the PJ. The question of accuracy is of interest only to supporters, and is only used to defend the McCanns and their friends imo. The starting point isn't that I believe they're accurate, it's that I disbelieve the supporter claim that they're inaccurate because I've seen no real evidence of it, just speculation.

semantics ...believed are often based on evidence..
The stateemnts are not a record of what people told the PJ ..thats your belief....a more accurate stateemnt of fact is that the statement are a record what the interpreter beleived the mccanns said...they are not even verbatim so by definition are not a record of what teh mccanns said...

could you provide a cite where i have said the stateemnt are innaccurate....Ive said they may well be innaccurate...it is highly unlikely that they are accurate...it seems you read what you believe to be posted rather than what is actually posted

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2714 on: May 04, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »

you believe taht beliefs are opinions based on faith....if you type in "scientist believe" into google you get 256,000,000 hits...are you suggesting scientists base their beliefs on faith rather tahn evidence...your argument is patently absurd