Author Topic: Kimberley Thomson — Luke’s ‘other’ girlfriend.......  (Read 13230 times)

Offline faithlilly

Yeah, fair enough. I agree, to an extent. I think the comments regarding Jodi being ‘a bit quiet’ that day were probably influenced by what she experienced at court and her exposure to the case in its entirety at the time. Believe the same is probably true for the ‘disturbed’ comment.

Btw, faithlilly, what is the one single, solitary piece of evidence from this case that makes you doubt Luke? I’ve read some posts of yours that put forward a case for Luke’s innocence, but is there one piece that makes you doubt this stance, doubt his innocence?

For me there is no single piece of evidence in the public domain that puts Luke’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That’s not to say that Luke was without fault, he was dishonest when the need arouse but what teenager isn’t and he certainly seems to have enjoyed the attention of the opposite sex but that does not make him a killer.

The fact that the PF refused permission for charges to be brought against Luke in September 2003 and that it took a further six months to gain that permission raises red flags for me and speaks of a lack of real evidence. Some say that the length of the trial proves the strength of the case but for me it’s the opposite. The case against Luke was so wafer thin that a huge amount of tiny, inconsequential pieces of evidence were needed just to bring back a majority verdict. Bottles of urine, Marilyn Manson, satanism...if it wasn’t so serious it would be laughable.  If the Crown truly had had a strong case it should have been able to bring about a resolution to the trial quickly. As we know that didn’t happen.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 12:27:07 AM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Kimberley Thomson — Luke’s ‘other’ girlfriend.......
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 07:21:31 AM »
So let’s say the campaign is successful and Luke’s conviction is overturned and he is released- would you be quite happy letting him babysit the grandkids while you go out for the evening? 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:30:55 AM by mrswah »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Parky41

For me there is no single piece of evidence in the public domain that puts Luke’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That’s not to say that Luke was without fault, he was dishonest when the need arouse but what teenager isn’t and he certainly seems to have enjoyed the attention of the opposite sex but that does not make him a killer.

The fact that the PF refused permission for charges to be brought against Luke in September 2003 and that it took a further six months to gain that permission raises red flags for me and speaks of a lack of real evidence. Some say that the length of the trial proves the strength of the case but for me it’s the opposite. The case against Luke was so wafer thin that a huge amount of tiny, inconsequential pieces of evidence were needed just to bring back a majority verdict. Bottles of urine, Marilyn Manson, satanism...if it wasn’t so serious it would be laughable.  If the Crown truly had had a strong case it should have been able to bring about a resolution to the trial quickly. As we know that didn’t happen.

You (all) consistently say this was a flimsy case - lasted 9 weeks on the basis of rubbish. Yet you fail completely to explain with any conviction a single part of the Mitchells actions for that evening. You most certainly do not explain, with any conviction why the police fitted up LM. For first of all, you actually have to explain every single piece of their testimony. Every piece of information they gave with believable conviction, do you not. You ask for this to do with every other area of evidence? - Mitchells first surely? You are saying everyone else was air brushed over but not them? So if all is well, then you should see no need to air brush them over?  To shore over those holes by way of extraordinary explanations?

Rather than consistently moving away from the gaping holes in every part of their story - whilst wanting to know irrelevant details of AB's activities after this sighting. Whilst constantly striving to find areas of lies in these others with "not as honest as you think eh?" When you yourself have actually lied in an attempt to scrape up some lie from them. Where you clearly stated "Judith told the police her daughter had 'never' walked this path alone" - the problem with this Faithlilly, is, if as you claim this case was wafer thin, that there was no evidence at all against LM - why do you need to lie? in an attempt to show this to be the case? And it is not the only blatant lie you have told. Why has Ms Lean lied about this search trio of walking passed the cousins and so forth, why has Ms Mitchell lied? - why do people whom profess to seek 'Truth and Justice' find it necessary to lie? In their attempt to show LM innocent - They/you should be able to speak with clarity, on explaining all that the Mitchells said to be true? And then move onto the areas of doubt you hold around the eye witness testimony and so forth. Not the other way around. You need to show they were speaking the truth.

It should be clear and precise - bang, bang, bang - here is what the Mithcells were doing, here is the truth. Straight from them. None of this well it might have been, or maybe this and I think it was probably this. Speaking constantly for them, and constantly excusing and given obtuse reasons for the lies? by adding lies to it?

Like Gordo - Speaking of the mystery man - 'we think he was sent after her?' Well that explains everything then. Sent after her for what, that she did not see him, that she went into the woods with them and on it goes. - These conspiracy theories, do they stem closer to home?

You know what I am beginning to think, is that SM may very well have owned a grey hoodie? This constant talk of scrapyards and disposal, a mechanic. This constant talk of very little, in the way of any actual proof as to where he was from the moment he left his friend. Of LM having to ask his mum if his brother was home. Of neither you nor SL or anyone else, being able to state with clarity what time SM was supposed to have left his house - for no one actually knows. Of SM wanting the police to think he had been in his house from 3.30pm?

For whichever way you look at that ever changing story - is is clearly made up. And it is the only area, that makes you wonder if the police actually got the wrong person, was it the wrong brother? Or if they were in fact colluded in some way? - this constant talk of more than one person being involved? And we know the strive comes right from the Mitchells to make people look away from them - Of drugs? who supplied SM, who supplied Luke and who supplied CM? And you want to know what AB was doing in her house after the sighting? - We want to know exactly what went on the Mitchell house. So here is your opportunity, yet again - to explain with sense and clarity this dinner tale from 5.05pm until LM leaving at 5.45pm in those first accounts and of SM claiming to arrive home at 3.30pm - to then move onto statement no 4 - where everything became squeezed into 15mins and the story had changed 4 times in a matter of days?

You quote some quasi truth? - again closer to home? One may consistently bank on those, who simply believed tabloid trash, for it to be said enough to become fact in their minds - Of bottles of urine, satanic worship and Manson. Where one simplifies this case to the point of ridicule. Then uses the exact same methods, where the majority of support comes from those very same mindsets? But mostly Faithlilly all and everything is aimed at distraction - distracting away from every part of the testimony that the Mitchells gave themselves. Where the suspicion began and remained. From the moment LM calmly and collectively spoke to the emergency services that evening. It was never to do with some ridiculous notion that one policeman out of three people noted "with the boyfriend" It was from LM himself.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:25:50 PM by mrswah »

Offline faithlilly

You (all) consistently say this was a flimsy case - lasted 9 weeks on the basis of rubbish. Yet you fail completely to explain with any conviction a single part of the Mitchells actions for that evening. You most certainly do not explain, with any conviction why the police fitted up LM. For first of all, you actually have to explain every single piece of their testimony. Every piece of information they gave with believable conviction, do you not. You ask for this to do with every other area of evidence? - Mitchells first surely? You are saying everyone else was air brushed over but not them? So if all is well, then you should see no need to air brush them over?  To shore over those holes by way of extraordinary explanations?

Believable conviction? AB unable, or unwilling, to identify Luke as the youth she saw or the tears of LF caught out in her lies? The ‘ misinterpretation’ of JaJ’s first statements by the police or JF and his virtual amnesia. Believable conviction..not a bit of it.

Rather than consistently moving away from the gaping holes in every part of their story - whilst wanting to know irrelevant details of AB's activities after this sighting. Whilst constantly striving to find areas of lies in these others with "not as honest as you think eh?" When you yourself have actually lied in an attempt to scrape up some lie from them. Where you clearly stated "Judith told the police her daughter had 'never' walked this path alone" - the problem with this Faithlilly, is, if as you claim this case was wafer thin, that there was no evidence at all against LM - why do you need to lie? in an attempt to show this to be the case? And it is not the only blatant lie you have told. Why has Ms Lean lied about this search trio of walking passed the cousins and so forth, why has Ms Mitchell lied? - why do people whom profess to seek 'Truth and Justice' find it necessary to lie? In their attempt to show LM innocent - They/you should be able to speak with clarity, on explaining all that the Mitchells said to be true? And then move onto the areas of doubt you hold around the eye witness testimony and so forth. Not the other way around. You need to show they were speaking the truth.

Except I have never posted that Judith ever told the police that her daughter ‘never’ walked that path alone. Of course if I’ve said it you will be able prove it.

It should be clear and precise - bang, bang, bang - here is what the Mithcells were doing, here is the truth. Straight from them. None of this well it might have been, or maybe this and I think it was probably this. Speaking constantly for them, and constantly excusing and given obtuse reasons for the lies? by adding lies to it?

Like Gordo - Speaking of the mystery man - 'we think he was sent after her?' Well that explains everything then. Sent after her for what, that she did not see him, that she went into the woods with them and on it goes. - These conspiracy theories, do they stem closer to home?

I’ve no idea who ‘Gordo’ is or, indeed, what you are talking about.

You know what I am beginning to think, is that SM may very well have owned a grey hoodie? This constant talk of scrapyards and disposal, a mechanic. This constant talk of very little, in the way of any actual proof as to where he was from the moment he left his friend. Of LM having to ask his mum if his brother was home. Of neither you nor SL or anyone else, being able to state with clarity what time SM was supposed to have left his house - for no one actually knows. Of SM wanting the police to think he had been in his house from 3.30pm?

Who told the police about Shane being home later than first claimed and of fixing his friend’s car?

For whichever way you look at that ever changing story - is is clearly made up. And it is the only area, that makes you wonder if the police actually got the wrong person, was it the wrong brother? Or if they were in fact colluded in some way? - this constant talk of more than one person being involved? And we know the strive comes right from the Mitchells to make people look away from them - Of drugs? who supplied SM, who supplied Luke and who supplied CM? And you want to know what AB was doing in her house after the sighting? - We want to know exactly what went on the Mitchell house. So here is your opportunity, yet again - to explain with sense and clarity this dinner tale from 5.05pm until LM leaving at 5.45pm in those first accounts and of SM claiming to arrive home at 3.30pm - to then move onto statement no 4 - where everything became squeezed into 15mins and the story had changed 4 times in a matter of days?

You quote some quasi truth? - again closer to home? One may consistently bank on those, who simply believed tabloid trash, for it to be said enough to become fact in their minds - Of bottles of urine, satanic worship and Manson. Where one simplifies this case to the point of ridicule. Then uses the exact same methods, where the majority of support comes from those very same mindsets? But mostly Faithlilly all and everything is aimed at distraction - distracting away from every part of the testimony that the Mitchells gave themselves. Where the suspicion began and remained. From the moment LM calmly and collectively spoke to the emergency services that evening. It was never to do with some ridiculous notion that one policeman out of three people noted "with the boyfriend" It was from LM himself.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:20:04 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »
Please could we refrain from calling other posters liars.   It's not nice.  None of us  know for certain  what really happened that night.

Thank you.

Offline Parky41

Except I have never posted that Judith ever told the police that her daughter ‘never’ walked that path alone. Of course if I’ve said it you will be able prove it.

Apologies I used the word the police - whom exactly was it you were meaning? When you were stating Judith said this?

Judith said Jodi never walked the Roan’s Dyke path alone, Janine, under oath, testified that her motherknew fine well that she did. When DF asked her if she was sure she simply answered ‘yes’....so not quiet as honest as you’d have us believe. As an aside did Judith never ask the three searchers why they were searching the path as Jodi wasn’t allowed to walk there alone?

And where exactly is my dishonesty well documented? Are we referring to those recordings? Or of LM leading the search onto RDP? Or of just about anything I have said as I have not used transcripts? Those recordings were played. It makes no difference if you or anyone else believes me Faithlilly. They were played in court. And LM did lead this search party onto RDP, I have included AW and of her wishing to look properly. I have also stated that if AW had not wanted to search thoroughly at this point, whilst they were there - then one can be fairly sure they would have ended up on the path regardless - with something to use for the dog to scent with. It is not rocket science. And I will ask again, at what point in time did Judith Jones ban her daughter from using this path, why did she ban her?, what did she actually tell the police? You suggested I should read Judith Jones statements. You obviously have thus why I am asking you again, please.  And what else had JaJ said in those statements? We know she was confused about these paths? - And we know without a shadow of doubt, the tactics a defence will use in an attempt to trip up witnesses - and on this occasion, it was to try and show that Jodi may have walked the path alone - to show favour upon LM, not to cause doubt in neither JuJ's testimony or that of her daughter - it was to show that Jodi may have disobeyed her mother - nothing more. As with AW's testimony. When she stated Jodi would never have went into that woodland alone - and DF asked 'not even if someone was holding a knife to her?'

Also - the reasons for the evidence around this path and of this ban and LM - the ludicrously long time he claimed to have been idling away on Newbattle Road. Knowing and lying of this ban being in place - LM lie? who would have thought eh? Of claiming to be waiting, of not phoning back, of this girl on this isolated path (to which later he introduced her being in the woodland also, at the Gino spot). Of her non appearance on the other side. - we know, as of late he was simply stoned out his nut, and lost track of everything? - Yet for many years, he had never been smoking that evening, according to him and of course Ms Lean?

And you were saying about following my conversations with Ms Lean on the blue forum, yet?

I’ve no idea who ‘Gordo’ is or, indeed, what you are talking about

Apologies Mrwah - No more calling posters liars.

Offline faithlilly

Apologies I used the word the police - whom exactly was it you were meaning? When you were stating Judith said this?

If you give me the quote I’ll endeavour to help.

And where exactly is my dishonesty well documented? Are we referring to those recordings? Or of LM leading the search onto RDP? Or of just about anything I have said as I have not used transcripts? Those recordings were played. It makes no difference if you or anyone else believes me Faithlilly. They were played in court.

I know recordings were played, it’s just unfortunate that every reference I’ve come across, including the BBC, which mentions the ‘laddie’ comment agrees that it was about Luke and not SK.

And LM did lead this search party onto RDP, I have included AW and of her wishing to look properly.

I’m sure AW did want to look properly and she also knew that that was the path used by Jodi when she met Luke. That’s why she lead the search party back down the path in the direction Luke had just come.

I have also stated that if AW had not wanted to search thoroughly at this point, whilst they were there - then one can be fairly sure they would have ended up on the path regardless - with something to use for the dog to scent with. It is not rocket science. And I will ask again, at what point in time did Judith Jones ban her daughter from using this path, why did she ban her?, what did she actually tell the police? You suggested I should read Judith Jones statements. You obviously have thus why I am asking you again, please.

Jodi used the path, on her own, we know from her sister’s court testimony. We also know from that testimony that Judith knew that Jodi walked it on her own.

And what else had JaJ said in those statements? We know she was confused about these paths? - And we know without a shadow of doubt, the tactics a defence will use in an attempt to trip up witnesses - and on this occasion, it was to try and show that Jodi may have walked the path alone - to show favour upon LM, not to cause doubt in neither JuJ's testimony or that of her daughter - it was to show that Jodi may have disobeyed her mother - nothing more.

I agree, that series of questions was to show that Jodi may have disobeyed her mother. In the course of those questions however JaJ revealed that her mother’ knew fine’ that Jodi did disobey her.

Do you agree that the prosecution are also guilty of using certain tactics in order to trip witnesses up, in this case
unnecessarily showing Luke’s brother photographs of a naked, mutilated Jodi?

As with AW's testimony. When she stated Jodi would never have went into that woodland alone - and DF asked 'not even if someone was holding a knife to her?'

Also - the reasons for the evidence around this path and of this ban and LM - the ludicrously long time he claimed to have been idling away on Newbattle Road. Knowing and lying of this ban being in place - LM lie? who would have thought eh? Of claiming to be waiting, of not phoning back, of this girl on this isolated path (to which later he introduced her being in the woodland also, at the Gino spot). Of her non appearance on the other side. - we know, as of late he was simply stoned out his nut, and lost track of everything? - Yet for many years, he had never been smoking that evening, according to him and of course Ms Lean?

You’d have to ask Dr Lean to clarify that.

And you were saying about following my conversations with Ms Lean on the blue forum, yet?

Ah yes I vaguely remember him.

Apologies Mrwah - No more calling posters liars.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:24:04 AM by faithlilly »

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2021, 07:19:19 PM »
Why doesn’t Sandra Lean mention this ⬇️

Kirsten's mum Carol said: 'Jodi's mum phoned the night she went missing to ask if Jodi was at our house.

'We both knew then something was wrong. Next day when we heard a body had been found I just knew it was Jodi.

Sandra exposed again.

She cannot be trusted as a source.

SK also recently revealed his clothes were taken on the night of the murder and his phone.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2021, 11:39:10 PM »
Sandra exposed again.

SK also recently revealed his clothes were taken on the night of the murder and his phone.

Revealed to whom? Do you have a cite?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 08:12:48 AM »
Does Sandra Lean mention Corinne Mitchell’s potential addiction to cannabis in her book or does she only refer to the teenagers?

Sandra Lean
His "drug use" amounted to smoking cannabis, something which was common to the entire group he hung around with, including Jodi and members of her family, and also including one who had actually supplied Jodi and Luke with their cannabis.

Nothing on Corinne’s ‘drug use’?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shirleymckie/luke-mitchell-postings-now-archived-see-new-thread-t398-s410.html
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2021, 02:20:23 PM »
Sandra exposed again.

Here http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336768&page=4

Sandra Lean stated (22nd August 2019, 12:22 AM)

The girl lived in Kenmore, which is, in fact, over two hours' drive from Newbattle, where Luke lived (for some reason, having been there many times in my younger days, I thought it was just over an hour away).

Luke still spoke with her on the phone, but they had not been together physically since New Year 2003 - he and Jodi got together around the end of March, beginning of April that year.

Who was he with on Valentine’s Day?

What Sandra Lean won’t tell your ⬇️

’Luke Mitchell lied to police about his affair with a lookalike of murdered 14-year-old Jodi Jones, appeal judges heard.

He did not want officers to know he had spent three hours on the phone to Kimberley Thomson in Kenmore, Perthshire, immediately after an evening of sex with Jodi, said advocate depute John Beckett QC, for the Crown.

Although it might be speculation, Kimberley could have been the reason for a fight with Jodi, Mr Beckett told the judges at the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh.

Mitchell, 19, is trying to overturn his conviction for the killing in Dalkeith, West Lothian, in June 2003.

The jury at his trial in 2004 heard Mitchell was planning to visit Kenmore during the school summer holidays, days after Jodi's death in June 2003.

The trial also heard neither girl seemed to know about the other.

Mr Beckett told the appeal judges: "It offers a possible explanation for conflict with Jodi at the time. "If he was going to disappear to Kenmore to visit a girl Jodi didn't know anything about, the potential for conflict was there."

The judges were informed Mitchell told police investigating the murder he had not spoken to Kimberley since January 2003, but records showed 79 calls between then and the end of June.

There was also a Valentine's Day visit.

Just two days before her murder, Jodi left Mitchell's house, by taxi, about 10pm. After that there was a series of long telephone calls, totalling more than three hours.

Mr Beckett said it was an example of how Mitchell was prepared to lie, even in the face of known evidence.

Earlier, the court heard the fact Mitchell led members of Jodi's family to where her body was found was "a cornerstone" of the case against him.

The QC said his story about finding Jodi was contradicted by the girl's gran, Alice Walker, Jodi's sister, Janine, and Janine's fiance, Steven Kelly.

Mr Beckett also claimed Mitchell had later lied six times when questioned by police about the find.

The hearing continues.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/12799875.judges-told-mitchell-lied-about-affair/
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 03:28:49 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
Here http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336768&page=4

Sandra Lean stated (22nd August 2019, 12:22 AM)

The girl lived in Kenmore, which is, in fact, over two hours' drive from Newbattle, where Luke lived (for some reason, having been there many times in my younger days, I thought it was just over an hour away).

Luke still spoke with her on the phone, but they had not been together physically since New Year 2003 - he and Jodi got together around the end of March, beginning of April that year.

Who was he with on Valentine’s Day?

They had!

Mr Mitchell visited Kenmore in the autumn of 2002 and Miss Thomson stayed at the Mitchell home in Dalkeith from Boxing Day until just after New Year.

The accused also visited her on St Valentine's Day 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4135539.stm

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2021, 03:29:31 PM »
Revealed to whom? Do you have a cite?

So many things Lean claims keep getting contradicted by people who were actually there at the time...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »

So many things Lean claims keep getting contradicted by people who were actually there at the time...

Number8 eh.

I was the Mitchell’s next door next door neighbour and I definitely saw Luke leave his home about 17.40 on the night of the murder.

Do you see how it works?

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 03:40:17 PM »
It's common knowledge that is SK. He has verified it on there and spoken about it every time it comes up over the years. People who know him personally also post on there. The journalists who reported a named suspect was seeking legal action after the documentary also got his information directly from N8's post on that forum. He also mentioned working alongside Sandra in the SQA for a number of years.

One of the jury members also post on there, and is equally disgusted at the documentary.

https://imgur.com/XqwudtA

https://imgur.com/4WiCB19

https://imgur.com/6e0w9wG

https://imgur.com/ivj60Eu

https://imgur.com/B6Q1yRI

https://imgur.com/H8dwHSD

https://imgur.com/JCXYv51

https://imgur.com/xNBe6nO

https://imgur.com/Ssp9GBi

https://imgur.com/TnDxM35

https://imgur.com/266INsT

https://imgur.com/Kof6Qbo