Author Topic: Peter Lawrence OBE  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Peter Lawrence OBE
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
I find it strange that you would willingly  share a platform with people who you believe to be criminals an who  run a serious risk of making the cause you support a laughing stock, and damaging it by their association, does that make sense?
Parents of missing kids might all be suspicious of each other.  Not just the McCanns under the cloud of suspicion.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
It is interesting though that as an ambassador for Missing People and the mother of a missing daughter she wasn’t automatically invited, isn’t it and once she had invited herself what could those attending say when asked other than what they did ?

It’s interesting that Sara Payne has also been distinguished with an MBE. Much deserved I know.
Incidentally both Peter Lawrence OBE and Sara Payne MBE have been involved in driving campaigns to bring in new laws which may explain why both have received awards, and why for example, Denise Fergus and Coral Jones have not.  I don’t think being the parent of a high profile missing or murdered child automatically confers upon one an award from Her Majesty, nor do I believe that the absence of an OBE or MBE means that such un-awarded parents as the afore mentioned are somehow less well regarded by the Establishment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
I find it strange that you would willingly  share a platform with people who you believe to be criminals an who  run a serious risk of making the cause you support a laughing stock, and damaging it by their association, does that make sense?

Can you really not comprehend some one putting their personal feelings aside to support a cause they believe in ? I find that rather immature of you.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
Can you really not comprehend some one putting their personal feelings aside to support a cause they believe in ? I find that rather immature of you.
I really think you are missing the point, deliberately obviously.  Thanks for the ad hom btw, you never miss an opportunity do you?  @)(++(*

Do you support the Missing People charity Faithlilly?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »
I really think you are missing the point, deliberately obviously.  Thanks for the ad hom btw, you never miss an opportunity do you?  @)(++(*

Do you support the Missing People charity Faithlilly?

If I’m missing the point then perhaps that’s because you are making it opaque.

Do I support the work Missing People do, of course. Do you question some of the directors decisions, absolutely.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »

Do I support the work Missing People do, of course. Do you question some of the directors decisions, absolutely.
Please give me an example of directors decisions that you absolutely question, and why.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »

OK, let me attempt to make it clearer for you.  Choosing to stand shoulder to shoulder for a cause, with people who you fervently believe will one day be unmasked as criminals and charlatans  can only potentially do untold damage to the credibility of not only yourself but the cause itself.   Anyone with a determination to do the very best for their cause is going to strive to distance themselves from those who they believe may do it damage.   Do you get it now?

If not let’s use Jimmy Savile as an example.  Would you have been one of those people who worked with him to support a charity, and who then subsequently admitted (when the shit hit the fan) to having grave misgivings about him privately, but who nonetheless publicly appeared to have had no problem working with him on his charity work?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:32:11 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
OK, let me attempt to make it clearer for you.  Choosing to stand shoulder to shoulder for a cause, with people who you fervently believe will one day be unmasked as criminals and charlatans  can only potentially do untold damage to the credibility of not only yourself but the cause itself.   Anyone with a determination to do the very best for their cause is going to strive to distance themselves from those who they believe may do it damage.   Do you get it now?

If not let’s use Jimmy Savile as an example.  Would you have been one of those people who worked with him to support a charity, and who then subsequently admitted (when the shit hit the fan) to having grave misgivings about him privately, but who nonetheless publicly appeared to have had no problem working with him on his charity work?

For reference I did answer this post but it was deleted.

It does posters on both sides a disservice when posts are deleted for no other reason than partisan affiliation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »

It does posters on both sides a disservice when posts are deleted for no other reason than partisan affiliation.
I agree. It happens to mine regularly.  Try again but word it slightly differently, I’d certainly be interested in your response to my post.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »

I absolutely agree.  But you never get that from me.  I never have and never will.  In fact I am largely useless as a Moderator because I so often can't decide, so I mostly do nothing.

Not that I expect anyone to believe this.  But then nor do I care if you don't.

I suspect that I liked this Forum better in the days when you all could say what ever you liked.
I understood that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »
I absolutely agree.  But you never get that from me.  I never have and never will.  In fact I am largely useless as a Moderator because I so often can't decide, so I mostly do nothing.

Not that I expect anyone to believe this.  But then nor do I care if you don't.

I suspect that I liked this Forum better in the days when you all could say what ever you liked.
I understood that.

Don’t worry Eleanor I wasn’t blaming you.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2018, 04:10:08 PM »
Don’t worry Eleanor I wasn’t blaming you.

I didn't think you were.  You aren't actually an unkind person at heart.  I guess that we all get a bit carried away sometimes, in pursuit of what we believe in.

But there are people here who deliberately serve to disrupt, which does no favours for anyone.  Hopefully they will pick up the ethics of this Forum.

It's the best anyone is going to get.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »
I didn't think you were.  You aren't actually an unkind person at heart.  I guess that we all get a bit carried away sometimes, in pursuit of what we believe in.

But there are people here who deliberately serve to disrupt, which does no favours for anyone.  Hopefully they will pick up the ethics of this Forum.

It's the best anyone is going to get.

That’s the point Eleanor. We define each other by the stance we have taken on this case when there is so much more to each one of us. It’s such a shame this case has proved so divisive.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »
That’s the point Eleanor. We define each other by the stance we have taken on this case when there is so much more to each one of us. It’s such a shame this case has proved so divisive.

I am not concerned with the people who at least try to behave.   I know most of them now.  But I am concerned about the disrupters.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
I agree. It happens to mine regularly.  Try again but word it slightly differently, I’d certainly be interested in your response to my post.
Try not to be goading, or ad hominem toward each other.  Even if you two exchange principally between each other you still have to obey the rules. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.