Author Topic: Rules are there for a reason!  (Read 29034 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Rules are there for a reason!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
seems to be a lot of rules and mods on this forum

As compared to where else? In my experience most reputable forums have similar rules and mods to enforce them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 08:29:04 AM »
As compared to where else? In my experience most reputable forums have similar rules and mods to enforce them.
I have posted on numerous forums in the last 10years and this is the only one where posters MUST write IMO when expressing an opinion, or provide cites.  It’s also the only forum I’ve posted on where posters are punished with points for breaking the rules.  I have posted on newspaper forums and the British Democracy forum, both much higher profile and much more lenient.  This is not a complaint, simply an observation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »
I have posted on numerous forums in the last 10years and this is the only one where posters MUST write IMO when expressing an opinion, or provide cites.  It’s also the only forum I’ve posted on where posters are punished with points for breaking the rules.  I have posted on newspaper forums and the British Democracy forum, both much higher profile and much more lenient.  This is not a complaint, simply an observation.

The rules here were introduced to deal with problems arising from the behaviour of members. Posting opinions but insisting they were facts. Misquoting evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2018, 07:03:13 PM »

compared to every other forum I've posted on.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
compared to every other forum I've posted on.

How do their rules differ?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »

You get about a bit Vertigo Swirl. I suspect they are all McCann related too. Just my opinion of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline barrier

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

I first cut my teeth in forum land on a diy site,this lot are pussies compared to that,but on there the mods never posted using their mod status so it was never known who the mods were,sometimes it could be worked out but any hint of a name was soon whooshed.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2018, 10:33:42 PM »
For future reference a “roll it up and shove it up your arse” post attracts a 10% watched tariff.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2018, 08:50:14 AM »
For future reference a “roll it up and shove it up your arse” post attracts a 10% watched tariff.

I'm pleased to hear that the rules are being enforced.  8((()*/
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »
I'm pleased to hear that the rules are being enforced.  8((()*/
Perhaps we should have a list of transgressions that show the sanctions that will be applied.
Aggressive posting =
Sarcastic posting =
Use of bad language =
Insulting a mod =
criticising and attacking other members who do not share your opinions =
posting content which may constitute defamation or libel =
making snide remarks towards other member =
and so on.  I have received 25% before in one go but have never been as rude as to tell another member to shove anything up their arses before.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2018, 09:22:14 AM »
At the top of the forum on every page is this instruction / warning:

*Abuse will not be tolerated. Break the rules expect a ban!

What sort of abuse would result in a ban?  Clearly not “roll it up and shove it up your arse”, so what then?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
Perhaps we should have a list of transgressions that show the sanctions that will be applied.
Aggressive posting =
Sarcastic posting =
Use of bad language =
Insulting a mod =
criticising and attacking other members who do not share your opinions =
posting content which may constitute defamation or libel =
making snide remarks towards other member =
and so on.  I have received 25% before in one go but have never been as rude as to tell another member to shove anything up their arses before.

You seem very dissatisfied with this forum. You seem to spend all your time criticising other members, the moderating and the rules. Yet here you remain.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2018, 04:07:21 PM »
You seem very dissatisfied with this forum. You seem to spend all your time criticising other members, the moderating and the rules. Yet here you remain.
”You seem, you seem” you seem to spend all your time belittling my posts, and here you are again.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:49 PM »
How do their rules differ?

not as strict and the thing with the imo is annoying, especially getting pms about it . you say no abuse but then you allow members here to post abuse about members on the blue forum who are not here to defend themselves, that doesn;t seem particularly fair . i will say i am new to both forums and dont know any of the members particularly well yet but that is my observation about this forum, why the need to slag off people who dont even post here, just seems rather mean to me

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
#

LOL! sorry , that just made me laugh  @)(++(*