Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240606 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #690 on: August 23, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »
Miliband got huge amounts of flack from the media.  He was a laughing stock by the time of the GE, you must have a very short memory.  But at least he was someone cabable of leading a united party, one who had not voted against his own party throughout his political life.

BTW, Alice should know that yes he is on ignore bucause he's an irritating WUM, but when his posts get quoted by others and referenced then sadly I have no option but to see and read them.

@)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #692 on: August 24, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
I thought I was on ignore?
It was a general pop about how people are turned into Boogah Men on the basis not of what they actually said or did but on the basis of what someone else said they said or did mostly as reported the press then modified by the reader according to his prejudices.
The most notorious of which became known as "The Rivers of Blood Speech". Guess what he did not say?
It is worth a read in the light of today's shenanigans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

But back to the plot with Mr Corbyn.
He is the legally elected leader of the Labour Party which also is HM Opposition. Just what is the beef ?
Whether he is electable as PM or not is irrelevant, see the bit in bold italics in the preceding sentence.
Trying to second guess what he would do now as PM, if elected, based on what you think he might have done 40 years ago is a bit futile but entertaining for the rest of us.

You lasted long yorg....I was put on ignore after about 10 posts...but every now and then I would slip off...what is the point of being ignored if your not being ignored, answers n a post card...

The leader of the labour party will either win or lose a general election and we have a way to go folks!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »
Virgin trains leaking like a sieve apparently;

Virgin broke own rules by releasing Corbyn CCTV, document shows
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/28/virgin-broke-rules-releasing-corbyn-cctv-document#top
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #694 on: December 11, 2016, 07:22:24 PM »
ROD LIDDLE
december 11 2016, 12:01am, the sunday times
Bravo, Screaming Lord Corbyn. You alienate the 52% — and the 48%

Save
How did they do it? Sometimes you just have to stand back and admire political brilliance when you see it. Marvel at the cunning and ruthlessness, the clarity of vision. I am talking of course about the Labour Party, which, back in the summer, was presented with the perfect political opportunity. A government in disarray, nay collapse. The Liberal Democrats, which had seemingly ceased to exist. And Ukip leaderless and with its rival candidates punching the hell out of each other.

And from that position, a few short months ago, Labour has managed — incredibly — to render itself absolutely irrelevant to everybody. It is a remarkable achievement. When you consider how divided was our country over the referendum, the feat of alienating both remainers and leavers took some doing — but Jeremy Corbyn was up to the task.

The remainers know that Labour is both confused and hamstrung in its attitude to Brexit and will not fight their corner. They know too that the party’s leadership is, at best, equivocal about the EU and likes only the stuff that everybody else hates — that is, mass immigration, regulations and bureaucracy.

The leavers, meanwhile, had already deserted by late summer, appalled that countless Labour MPs representing constituencies that were more than two-thirds in favour of getting out had campaigned against their constituents’ interests. And so the Labour Party has nothing whatsoever to offer anybody on the biggest political issue of the past 50 years. Yay! Result!

I don’t suppose you were hugely surprised that Labour performed so abjectly in the Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election, coming fourth and with a vote more than 7,000 down on its 2015 performance (which was disastrous, but now looks positively vibrant.)

Even Labour wasn’t surprised. Some benighted sap was wheeled out to exult in the fact that the Labour candidate hadn’t actually lost his deposit, as its perfectly decent candidate did the week before in the Richmond Park by-election.

That’s how high they’re setting the bar — we’re just about beating the loonies! No. Look in the mirror. It is not that you are beating the loonies. You have become the loonies. You are right down there with the single-issue nutjobs, the mirthless Lord Sutch and that old bloke who was worried about road safety, Lieutenant-Commander Bill Boaks. Opposition parties are meant to win elections. Not break open the bubbly because they’ve saved £500.

Given the divisions in the party and the hilariously ineffectual leadership, even this vote is at risk
It is not just about Brexit. It goes far deeper. Labour opposed Brexit, albeit half-heartedly, because it has come to despise the views of almost all of the people who used to vote for the party — the working class, the northerners, the Welsh, people of the Midlands. This is true of both the Corbynistas and the Blairites, to be fair. In the referendum the party preferred to go along with that comparatively tiny tranche of their voter base, the affluent metropolitan liberals.

But given the divisions in the party and the hilariously ineffectual leadership, even this vote is at risk. It has already been outflanked by the Lib Dems; don’t be surprised if the Greens start beating it too. Labour has become a party that does not know what it stands for, aside from radical chic posturing. The Cuban solidarity stuff, for example. Or out of snobbery banning from its conference McDonald’s, which employs 85,000 and provides cheap, tasty food that people — other than Labour Party members — enjoy. You know, ordinary people.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #695 on: February 08, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
It is not good for the country to have a dishevelled, terrorist supporting, radical, anti-white, anti- British leader of one of the two major parties! Corbyn was an embarrassing back bencher for decades who the Labour leadership pretended didn't exist and then he becomes leader of Labour! You cant make that shit up! Corbyn makes old Michael Foot look like a Saville Row tailor's dummy! Dumby?

Corbyn is hari-kari for Labour and although I am Conservative, that isn't good for a balanced society!   

Alfie

« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »
It is not good for the country to have a dishevelled, terrorist supporting, radical, anti-white, anti- British leader of one of the two major parties! Corbyn was an embarrassing back bencher for decades who the Labour leadership pretended didn't exist and then he becomes leader of Labour! You cant make that shit up! Corbyn makes old Michael Foot look like a Saville Row tailor's dummy! Dumby?

Corbyn is hari-kari for Labour and although I am Conservative, that isn't good for a balanced society!
I never thought I'd agree with a post written by Tim Invictus, I feel slightly queasy now. 

So, how do we all think our man is getting on now?  Who can see Corbyn in the PM role in 2020?  But that's not the b all and end all is it, I remember now.... it's not about votes, and it's not about winning, it's about being a decent, honest bloke, not like yer usual s..mbag politician...kind of.... &%+((£

Offline John

« Reply #697 on: February 26, 2017, 07:16:15 PM »
I never thought I'd agree with a post written by Tim Invictus, I feel slightly queasy now. 

So, how do we all think our man is getting on now?  Who can see Corbyn in the PM role in 2020?  But that's not the b all and end all is it, I remember now.... it's not about votes, and it's not about winning, it's about being a decent, honest bloke, not like yer usual s..mbag politician...kind of.... &%+((£

I think Copeland might prove to be the proverbial straw.  Corby means nought to anyone outside London and as for Chakrabarti and Abbott, what a pair of friggin tossers...    @)(++(*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:18:18 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #698 on: April 01, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »
I think Copeland might prove to be the proverbial straw.  Corby means nought to anyone outside London and as for Chakrabarti and Abbott, what a pair of friggin tossers...    @)(++(*

WE have no real bona fide opposiiton...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
If Corbyn could get his act together he may get a sniff at actual power.  Is it possible that St Theresa has overestimated her support in the country?

Alfie

« Reply #700 on: April 18, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »
If Corbyn could get his act together he may get a sniff at actual power.  Is it possible that St Theresa has overestimated her support in the country?
@)(++(* Not a chance.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #701 on: April 18, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »

I don't think there was anything saintly about her today. In Louis L'Amour books she would be described as a low down dirty bushwhacker after today's performance. Vice Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson would have been proud of her.
If Mr Corbyn could be as ungentlemanly as Viscount Nelson and nick Mrs May's clothes as it were then...................... &%+((£

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #702 on: April 19, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
I don't think there was anything saintly about her today. In Louis L'Amour books she would be described as a low down dirty bushwhacker after today's performance. Vice Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson would have been proud of her.
If Mr Corbyn could be as ungentlemanly as Viscount Nelson and nick Mrs May's clothes as it were then...................... &%+((£

Sorry Alice - just trying to get the image of our Jeremy in the leather trousers and kitten heels out of my head......

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #703 on: April 19, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »
Sorry Alice - just trying to get the image of our Jeremy in the leather trousers and kitten heels out of my head......

He would need a new hat that is for sure!
The Money Supermarket Strutters went through my mind as I typed it  ?{)(**

Alfie

« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
Looking forward to watching his resignation speech on 9th June...  8(>((