Author Topic: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?  (Read 171702 times)

Offline The General

Re: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?
« Reply #615 on: December 14, 2019, 08:15:20 PM »
McCanns increased the chances of abduction by leaving kids unattended in an unlocked apartment on a ground floor, adjacent to the main road at night.  Tell me why my example is not valid.
I didn't say it wasn't valid, I said it wasn't the same. My analogy referred to a certainty that another party wasn't aware of, so the 'actual' odds were different from their perspective (humans thought 1 million to one, aliens knew odds on - we gonna make it rain). But even a retard like me can concede that Mr and Mrs McCann, when doing their little mental risk assessment, could not have conceived 'abduction' as a possibility, despite their wanton neglect. So their calculated odds may be, say, 10,000-1. But your supposed abductor know different - he's thinking 5's max.
So, to reiterate, these odds - they're subjective. You think you know, but there's variables you know shirt about.
Poker? When they present it on the telly they can predict all odds of winning given the held cards  - the variables are known.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:17:22 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »
I don't share your view of amaral being a competent cop... In fact.. Quite the opposite.. And he did get the sack.. Then found guilty of perjury
Top cop. Decorated. Crackin lad.
Thing is, Mittens, if you actually met him your kecks would roll up. Change of bills would be required.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2019, 08:25:49 PM »
Top cop. Decorated. Crackin lad.
Thing is, Mittens, if you actually met him your kecks would roll up. Change of bills would be required.

Who says he's a top cop... Who says he's decorated... He's a disgraced cop

I'd be happy to meet him and tell him that to his face

Offline The General

« Reply #618 on: December 14, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
Who says he's a top cop... Who says he's decorated... He's a disgraced cop
All the guys down at the nick. The gaffers at the PJ.
The mayor of Luz thought he was 'a boss lad'.
He's an absolute ledge in Portimao. He's treated like Peter Ustinov down that the port.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #619 on: December 14, 2019, 08:34:05 PM »
That is untrue Eleanor so I do hope you self moderate.  A Portuguese police Coordinator is normally present when suspects are being formally interviewed in such high profile cases. Anything else would have been a dereliction of duty.  In this I refer you to the Cipriano interviews.
Snip
Until then I’d barely heard of Sr Amaral. In the five months he held this job I never met him. Gerry did only once, very briefly.  madeleine:  Kate McCann

If that is what a police coordinator is supposed to do it just something else he slacked off on then.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:40:41 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #620 on: December 14, 2019, 08:41:02 PM »
Snio
Until then I’d barely heard of Sr Amaral. In the five months he held this job I never met him. Gerry did only once, very briefly.  madeleine:  Kate McCann

If that is what a police coordinator is supposed to do it just something else he slacked off on then.
Behind the glass kid, watching the crabs in the tank, keeping an officious eye. He met them alright.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #621 on: December 14, 2019, 09:41:11 PM »
I didn't say it wasn't valid, I said it wasn't the same. My analogy referred to a certainty that another party wasn't aware of, so the 'actual' odds were different from their perspective (humans thought 1 million to one, aliens knew odds on - we gonna make it rain). But even a retard like me can concede that Mr and Mrs McCann, when doing their little mental risk assessment, could not have conceived 'abduction' as a possibility, despite their wanton neglect. So their calculated odds may be, say, 10,000-1. But your supposed abductor know different - he's thinking 5's max.
So, to reiterate, these odds - they're subjective. You think you know, but there's variables you know shirt about.
Poker? When they present it on the telly they can predict all odds of winning given the held cards  - the variables are known.
Yeah, whatever. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #622 on: December 14, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Behind the glass kid, watching the crabs in the tank, keeping an officious eye. He met them alright.
Serious question - are you on something tonight?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #623 on: December 14, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »

I suspect that The General is feeling a bit lonely.  And it was Full Moon yesterday.  I had a really horrible and depressing day.  But I am beginning to feel a bit better now.

Offline The General

« Reply #624 on: December 14, 2019, 09:49:23 PM »
The watch list.
I'm being censored out of existence. Which means I'm doing something right.

I'm on Jameson's.
And Wotsits.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #625 on: December 14, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
The watch list.
I'm being censored out of existence. Which means I'm doing something right.

I'm on Jameson's.
And Wotsits.

You are sometimes so silly.  Most of us quite like you if only you would give yourself half a chance.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #626 on: December 14, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »
You are sometimes so silly.  Most of us quite like you if only you would give yourself half a chance.
I used to like him till he was blatantly rude to me in an unprovoked attack and hurt my feelings.  Nasty boy.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #627 on: December 14, 2019, 09:58:55 PM »
I used to like him till he was blatantly rude to me in an unprovoked attack and hurt my feelings.  Nasty boy.

I don't have feelings.  I had those insulted out of me a very long time ago.

Offline The General

« Reply #628 on: December 14, 2019, 09:59:38 PM »
Ahh, yes, colloquially known as 'Donaldgate'. Got it's own subreddit and everything.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #629 on: December 15, 2019, 01:12:07 AM »
I think you will find that he wasn't in the same room.

Same corridor then...let's not split hairs.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!