Author Topic: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?  (Read 170574 times)

Offline The General

Re: A Good, Bad or Average Theory What's The Difference?
« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2019, 07:34:01 PM »
Nope.  Except in Court.  And that wasn't exactly meeting.
Should have given Gerry a Leonoring in the bogs.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »
It certainly is the proposition which both Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria are pursuing.  I think it would take quite a stretch of the imagination to suppose they have arrived at that stage without thoroughly investigating all the alternatives before deciding on following that course of action.

They have all the intelligence and information which enables them to justify investigating Madeleine's abduction to their bosses.  The rest of us have to rely on working it out using common sense.

The PJ are not concentrating on investigating the abduction theory. Have you forgotten what do Carmo said?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2019, 07:52:33 PM »
Did amaral ever meet the mccanns

He was there when they were formally interviewed if that's what you are inferring.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »
Not according to him he didn't. He proved it according to his paradigm. Winning.
He showed how little he understood the evidence.. The fact that he thinks he's a genius is neither here nor there

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #604 on: December 14, 2019, 07:55:38 PM »
He was there when they were formally interviewed if that's what you are inferring.

I don't think he ever actually met them.. Do you have a cite he did

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
Nope.  Except in Court.  And that wasn't exactly meeting.

That is untrue Eleanor so I do hope you self moderate.  A Portuguese police Coordinator is normally present when suspects are being formally interviewed in such high profile cases. Anything else would have been a dereliction of duty.  In this I refer you to the Cipriano interviews.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline The General

« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »
He showed how little he understood the evidence.. The fact that he thinks he's a genius is neither here nor there
It is here and / or there - prove he's wrong.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:46 PM »
I don't think he ever actually met them.. Do you have a cite he did

This has been discussed at great length already. Amaral was in the police station when the McCanns were being questioned, he didn't need to meet them as in share a conversation or shake hands or anything as that would have been unprofessional. The McCanns were suspects and required to be treated as such.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #608 on: December 14, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
Depends. That 50,000 - 1 will be a very vague average across humanity, which will include scientists who study lightning and, conversely, hermits who don't budge from a cave for 70 years. Golf dude increases his chances many fold by walking out on the course in a storm. But your example isn't the same - it's not certain, but way more likely.
The actual odds from the perspective of the aliens is odds on - sappenin' hoomans WOO!
McCanns increased the chances of abduction by leaving kids unattended in an unlocked apartment on a ground floor, adjacent to the main road at night.  Tell me why my example is not valid. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #609 on: December 14, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »
This has been discussed at great length already. Amaral was in the police station when the McCanns were being questioned, he didn't need to meet them as in share a conversation or shake hands or anything as that would have been unprofessional. The McCanns were suspects and required to be treated as such.

So when did he see the fear in their eyes, as you claimed... He never did

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #610 on: December 14, 2019, 08:09:40 PM »
It is here and / or there - prove he's wrong.

He proved himself wrong...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #611 on: December 14, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
One would like to think so but somehow I doubt it. Amaral was there on the scene and saw events first hand whereas SY appeared years later. I tend to go with those who saw what occurred first hand and experienced firsthand the fear in the eyes of those suspected of being involved.

For SY, hindsight is a wonderful luxury.

So when did amaral experience this first hand...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #612 on: December 14, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »
Should have given Gerry a Leonoring in the bogs.

He likely would have done, given half a chance.  But more likely to have been Kate, being a woman and more easily intimidated.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »

I don't share your view of amaral being a competent cop... In fact.. Quite the opposite.. And he did get the sack.. Then found guilty of perjury

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #614 on: December 14, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »
That is untrue Eleanor so I do hope you self moderate.  A Portuguese police Coordinator is normally present when suspects are being formally interviewed in such high profile cases. Anything else would have been a dereliction of duty.  In this I refer you to the Cipriano interviews.

I think you will find that he wasn't in the same room.