Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced on 13 October 2014  (Read 4156 times)

Offline John

Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced on 13 October 2014
« on: September 24, 2014, 06:07:56 PM »
Reminder >> Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced on 13 October 2014.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

Re: Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced on 13 October 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »
I was unable to spend the necessary time to form any strong views on the OP case.

I will always maintain that had JB had a different defence counsel with a different strategy he would have been found not guilty.  I don't just blame Geoffrey Rivlin QC on the day, but also all those involved at Kingsley Napley in preparing the case - or not!

Did the OP judge really say the OP evidence was 'purely circumstantial'? That really annoys me; evidence stands or falls on it's own merit and in no way should the word 'circumstantial' be used to imply inferior or less reliable evidence compared to direct.

In many instances direct evidence far outweighs circumstantial evidence but conversely circumstantial evidence is often preeminent. I expect the likes of Jackie to continuously parrot  'circumstantial evidence' as a reason for Bamber's conviction to be unsafe but I do not expect such idiocy from a judge.

Those who think the same should consider that fingerprint and DNA evidence are both purely circumstantial evidence!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:51:59 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:26 AM »
Did the OP judge really say the OP evidence was 'purely circumstantial'? That really annoys me; evidence stands or falls on it's own merit and in no way should the word 'circumstantial' be used to imply inferior or less reliable evidence compared to direct.

In many instances direct evidence far outweighs circumstantial evidence but conversely circumstantial evidence is often preeminent. I expect the likes of Jackie to continuously parrot  'circumstantial evidence' as a reason for Bamber's conviction to be unsafe but I do not expect such idiocy from a judge.

Those who think the same should consider that fingerprint and DNA evidence are both purely circumstantial evidence!

Yes according to various press releases:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-11/oscar-pistorius-not-guilty-of-murder/5737284

The following document sets out evidence used in criminal investigations.  The guidance is based on the criminal justice act 2003 and the police and criminal evidence act 1984 and is current at Feb 2014.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284166/Evidencev3_0EXT.pdf

Had judge Thokozile Masipa presided over the WHF case, along with her 2/3 assessors, I wonder whether she would have found JB guilty or not guilty  &%+((£  Perhaps we could ask her?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
My own view is he intended to kill her.  She went into the toilet locking the door to get away from him.  For all we know he used the cricket bat to try to get to her before he shot her.

Anything less than a custodial sentence will be a travesty of justice.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.