Author Topic: Tannerman  (Read 14068 times)

Offline G-Unit

Tannerman
« on: September 12, 2019, 08:13:36 AM »
Early accounts of Jane's sighting are provided by others who spoke to her. Piecing the accounts together, one gets the impression that Jane was either entering or exiting the main entrance of block 5 at the time. The man hasn't reached the junction and she saw him from behind, not from the side.

According to Silvia Batista she translated for Jane Tanner's first contact; with the GNR.

the lady said she saw the man in the street in front of the Madeleine's bedroom window, walking in the direction of the street that then leads to the Baptista supermarket.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

According to that, the man was in R Dr Agostinho da Silva, walking towards the junction with R Dr Francisco Gentil Martins.

The second mention of Jane's sighting is during Gerry's conversation with the PJ when they arrived.

At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road, however she did not recognise this individual, nor the child, only having noticed that the individual appeared to be aged between 30 or 40, had dark hair and light coloured trousers.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm

Gerry also mentions the sighting in his interview on 4th;

It is emphasised that one of the members of the group, Jane, at about 21.10 - 21.15 when she was going to her apartment to check on her children, she saw from the back, at a distance of about 50 metres, on the road bordering the club, an individual carrying a child, wearing pyjamas, Jane will be able to clarify this situation.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Tannerman
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:50:46 AM »
Early accounts of Jane's sighting are provided by others who spoke to her. Piecing the accounts together, one gets the impression that Jane was either entering or exiting the main entrance of block 5 at the time. The man hasn't reached the junction and she saw him from behind, not from the side.

According to Silvia Batista she translated for Jane Tanner's first contact; with the GNR.

the lady said she saw the man in the street in front of the Madeleine's bedroom window, walking in the direction of the street that then leads to the Baptista supermarket.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

According to that, the man was in R Dr Agostinho da Silva, walking towards the junction with R Dr Francisco Gentil Martins.

The second mention of Jane's sighting is during Gerry's conversation with the PJ when they arrived.

At about 21.20, their friend Jane passed by the apartment (along the corridor of the main entrance) she saw an individual carrying a child who passed descending the road, however she did not recognise this individual, nor the child, only having noticed that the individual appeared to be aged between 30 or 40, had dark hair and light coloured trousers.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm

Gerry also mentions the sighting in his interview on 4th;

It is emphasised that one of the members of the group, Jane, at about 21.10 - 21.15 when she was going to her apartment to check on her children, she saw from the back, at a distance of about 50 metres, on the road bordering the club, an individual carrying a child, wearing pyjamas, Jane will be able to clarify this situation.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

What are your objectives with this thread? 

As DCI Redwood said its almost certain 'Tannerman' and Dr T are one and the same.  The only interesting point for me re this sighting is how did JT pass GM/JW without them noticing if they were stood just outside the gate to 5A?  It seems to me this can only be accounted for if JT took the short route up the back passage or she and JW are incorrect with their recollections and GM is correct placing himself and JW on the opposite side of the road. 

The OC brochure makes clear the night creche is only available to guests using the Millennium and Tapas restaurants.  No one saw Dr T at Tapas on 3rd May so, assuming he was following the rules, he must have been at Millennium which is about a 10 min walk from where he was staying in block 4 with his wife, 2 children and the Weinberg family.  Therefore its possible he was going to Millennium with 1 sleeping child while the other was at the creche.  That's just one reason that springs to mind.  Another is that he may have arrived back leaving the others at Millennium but then realized he didn't have his key so returned. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:05:14 AM »
The JT diagram attached.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »
Some people still think Tannerman could be implicated in an abduction, so it seemed reasonable to examine the evidence closely.

Is it possible to attach the MW brochure please?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »
Some people still think Tannerman could be implicated in an abduction, so it seemed reasonable to examine the evidence closely.

I look forward to you shedding new light on a subject which has been to death a thousand times before. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 10:34:20 AM »

Misty uploaded the brochure.  The childcare section:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061111225216/http://www.markwarner.co.uk/summer_holidays/portugal/ocean_club/childcare

We offer a ‘dining out service’ (only available for parents using the Millenium and Tapas restaurants). in the crèche on a drop-in basis in the evenings for children aged 4 months to 9 years. For those parents wishing to dine at alternative restaurants in the village, babysitting is available on request at additional charge. Our Indy Club for 14-17 year olds is situated near the Ocean Club Gardens.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 10:42:14 AM »
I look forward to you shedding new light on a subject which has been to death a thousand times before.

I'm utterly amazed the sighting was given the sort of importance many have attached to it based on the fact a night creche was operating in PDL and men walking around with babes in arms was a common theme.  Coupled with the fact the S&R dogs did not scent MM in this direction.   Imo it was a non-starter allowing me to home in on MM's abductor. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
I'm utterly amazed the sighting was given the sort of importance many have attached to it based on the fact a night creche was operating in PDL and men walking around with babes in arms was a common theme.  Coupled with the fact the S&R dogs did not scent MM in this direction.   Imo it was a non-starter allowing me to home in on MM's abductor.
I'm amazed you're amazed.  A female child allegedly goes missing from an apartment between 9pm and 10pm, and a man is seen carrying away a female child from the direction of the same apartment within the time window, and despite being widely publicised does not apparently come forward to id himself for years.  Why WOULDN'T you give this sighting any importance?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 11:22:47 AM »
I'm amazed you're amazed.  A female child allegedly goes missing from an apartment between 9pm and 10pm, and a man is seen carrying away a female child from the direction of the same apartment within the time window, and despite being widely publicised does not apparently come forward to id himself for years.  Why WOULDN'T you give this sighting any importance?

Why wouldn't I give the sighting any importance?

- I understand Dr T did come forward in the early days to self-eliminate but investigating authorities both UK and Portugal overlooked?

- A night creche was available catering for holiday makers scattered over the resort.  Men (dads) walking around with babes in arms was a common sight.

- The S&R dogs did not scent MM to the location of 'Tannerman'

There's no reason to see 'Tannerman' than anything other than a red herring. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 11:26:15 AM »
Vertigo Swirl can I ask please do you still believe 'Tannerman' might be MM's abductor?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »
You would have to ask Totman/Tannerman what happened because Tanner is unreliable (that's why others were confused). Passing impossible people and witnessed by Jez Wilkins hanging outside the apartments (woman in purple) at 20:30 on 3 May 2007. Interesting that they brought the woman in purple aka Jane Tanner back into the frame recently.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »
You would have to ask Totman/Tannerman what happened because Tanner is unreliable (that's why others were confused). Passing impossible people and witnessed by Jez Wilkins hanging outside the apartments (woman in purple) at 20:30 on 3 May 2007. Interesting that they brought the woman in purple aka Jane Tanner back into the frame recently.

It seems to me just as many inconsistencies exist in JW's various version of events.  It might have helped if the witnesses were afforded the opportunity of using some sort of interactive map pinpointing their locations rather than trying to work it all out from verbal descriptions which are ambiguous and open to intepretation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 06:14:02 PM »
Why wouldn't I give the sighting any importance?

- I understand Dr T did come forward in the early days to self-eliminate but investigating authorities both UK and Portugal overlooked?

- A night creche was available catering for holiday makers scattered over the resort.  Men (dads) walking around with babes in arms was a common sight.

- The S&R dogs did not scent MM to the location of 'Tannerman'

There's no reason to see 'Tannerman' than anything other than a red herring.
Do you have a cite for your first claim?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 07:56:29 PM »
Jane's 4th May statement repeats what was reported previously, except that she is now in R Dr Gentil Martins. She makes contradictory statements here. At first she says she saw him from the side, but when describing him she says she could only see him from behind.

She gives his height as 1.7m or 5ft 6ins. Rather short to be Dr Totman.

One interesting snippet; the 'several' became just the McCann couple in later statements.

When she arrived at the restaurant several members of the group were already there, without their children.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »
What are your objectives with this thread? 

As DCI Redwood said its almost certain 'Tannerman' and Dr T are one and the same.  The only interesting point for me re this sighting is how did JT pass GM/JW without them noticing if they were stood just outside the gate to 5A?  It seems to me this can only be accounted for if JT took the short route up the back passage or she and JW are incorrect with their recollections and GM is correct placing himself and JW on the opposite side of the road. 

The OC brochure makes clear the night creche is only available to guests using the Millennium and Tapas restaurants.  No one saw Dr T at Tapas on 3rd May so, assuming he was following the rules, he must have been at Millennium which is about a 10 min walk from where he was staying in block 4 with his wife, 2 children and the Weinberg family.  Therefore its possible he was going to Millennium with 1 sleeping child while the other was at the creche.  That's just one reason that springs to mind.  Another is that he may have arrived back leaving the others at Millennium but then realized he didn't have his key so returned.

Bolded bit,Redwood said no such thing.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.