Author Topic: Invoking Article 50  (Read 39633 times)

Offline John

Re: Invoking Article 50
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
We don't know yet whether Brexit will result in fewer immigrants from EU countries. We only know what we think will happen when Article 50 is invoked. What actually will happen after Article 50 is invoked  is up for grabs. At the moment the chat seems to be we may well allow EU citizens in here for fear of retribution.
Whatever happens, Brexit will not address any numerical problems arising from immigrants from Commonwealth countries.
Pups, selling and all that old cobblers ...  ?{)(**

I notice in many of the news reports that there is a huge failure to distinguish between the various categories of immigrant.  For starters there are European and non European immigrants.  Among those non Europeans we have North Americans, Canadians, Australians, Kiwis and many others. A one size fits all policy will just not work so who gets priority, white Christians who can establish links to the UK?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
I noticed yesterday that former Bank of England Governor Mervyn King has called the recent devaluation of the British pound a 'welcome change'.

Reactions have been 'over the top'; Brexit has delivered what central bankers have failed to for years - lower exchange rates, lower house prices, higher interest rates, King said.

The collapse in the value of the pound was labelled a “welcome change” by former Bank of England governor, Mervyn King yesterday.

King, who headed up the Bank during the turbulent days of the financial crisis, before handing over to Mark Carney, broke away from the consensus view of economists that the collapsing pound is bad for the UK.

He told Sky News: “The economy was slowing somewhat before the vote and we are in a position where the rest of the world is not offering us much help. So, from that point of view the fall in sterling is a welcome change.”

Read more...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:09:06 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »
I noticed yesterday that former Bank of England Governor Mervyn King has called the recent devaluation of the British pound a 'welcome change'.

Reactions have been 'over the top'; Brexit has delivered what central bankers have failed to for years - lower exchange rates, lower house prices, higher interest rates, King said.

The collapse in the value of the pound was labelled a “welcome change” by former Bank of England governor, Mervyn King yesterday.

King, who headed up the Bank during the turbulent days of the financial crisis, before handing over to Mark Carney, broke away from the consensus view of economists that the collapsing pound is bad for the UK.

He told Sky News: “The economy was slowing somewhat before the vote and we are in a position where the rest of the world is not offering us much help. So, from that point of view the fall in sterling is a welcome change.”

Read more...

Have you read the leaked report from the Treasury ?

By the way Brexit hasn't begun.

Offline John

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
Have you read the leaked report from the Treasury ?

By the way Brexit hasn't begun.

Exciting times ahead!  Our exporters have never ever had it so good.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:12:03 PM by John »

Alfie

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »
Exciting times ahead!  Our exporters have never ever had it so good.
Jumping out of a plane is exciting, until you discover you forgot to strap on your parachute.

Alfie

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »
Try telling that to the people and Institutions who will suffer the consequences of lost revenue.
If Brexit is going to cost us £66 billion a year then that's the end of the NHS for sure, never mind there won't be any immigrants to keep it going, there won't be any money to pay 'em anyway!  So, I hope all you Leave voters are looking forward to paying for your health care, and will be very happy to see the poor and the old dying like flies in years to come. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
If Brexit is going to cost us £66 billion a year then that's the end of the NHS for sure, never mind there won't be any immigrants to keep it going, there won't be any money to pay 'em anyway!  So, I hope all you Leave voters are looking forward to paying for your health care, and will be very happy to see the poor and the old dying like flies in years to come.

That'll save a few quid on public services, pensions etc... problem solved.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2016, 08:06:02 PM »
That'll save a few quid on public services, pensions etc... problem solved.

Who do you care about Spam ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
Thinking this through slightly more, there are many, many ways the NHS could save money.

For example....

No more free cosmetic surgery, just let ugly people be ugly, it's not life threatening after all.

Stop providing IVF,  women, just accept that if you can't concieve naturally.... then that's tough titties, go adopt.

Stop providing health care for drug & alcohol illnesses. Let them die, it's their own fault.

Stop giving gastric bands to fat people, tell them just stop eating so much & get off their fat lazy asses & do some exercise, it's free.

No more gender reassignment surgery, because you're either xx or xy, live with it.

I'm sure I can think of more.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
Who do you care about Spam ?

I care about, sex & drugs & rock & roll, because that is all my body needs, sex & drugs & rock & roll, is very good indeed.

Alfie

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »
Thinking this through slightly more, there are many, many ways the NHS could save money.

For example....

No more free cosmetic surgery, just let ugly people be ugly, it's not life threatening after all.

Stop providing IVF,  women, just accept that if you can't concieve naturally.... then that's tough titties, go adopt.

Stop providing health care for drug & alcohol illnesses. Let them die, it's their own fault.

Stop giving gastric bands to fat people, tell them just stop eating so much & get off their fat lazy asses & do some exercise, it's free.

No more gender reassignment surgery, because you're either xx or xy, live with it.

I'm sure I can think of more.
I don't think ugly people get free cosmetic surgery on the NHS these days unless their faces have been bitten off by their pet rotweiller.  Out of interest who would qualify for free treatment under the NHS in the crazy world of Spam?

stephen25000

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2016, 08:35:53 PM »
I care about, sex & drugs & rock & roll, because that is all my body needs, sex & drugs & rock & roll, is very good indeed.

Perhaps you need some treatment by the N.H.S.

Hold on, your previous post would suggest you should never get treatment of any form.

Then again...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:39 PM »
I don't think ugly people get free cosmetic surgery on the NHS these days unless their faces have been bitten off by their pet rotweiller.  Out of interest who would qualify for free treatment under the NHS in the crazy world of Spam?

I think, if your pet rotweiller bites your face off, then it's essentially your own fault for owning a pet rotweiller in the first place, so, no, they'd certainly be disqualified from treatment & have to remain faceless, in the Crazy World Of Alfie Spam.

Perhaps, as a rule, anything that's your own fault, should be funded by yourself.

I'm undecided as to who would qualify for what, maybe just do away with the health service altogether & accept that pain & death happen.

Alfie

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »
I think, if your pet rotweiller bites your face off, then it's essentially your own fault for owning a pet rotweiller in the first place, so, no, they'd certainly be disqualified from treatment & have to remain faceless.

Perhaps, as a rule, anything that's your own fault, should be funded by yourself.

I'm undecided as to who would qualify for what, maybe just do away with the health service altogether & accept that pain & death happen.
Sure.  Do away with policing, social services, the justice system too while you're at it and accept that if you get robbed, raped or murdered it was your fault for allowingit to happen in the first place.  Survival of the fittest innit, and make sure anyone who wants a gun is allowed to have one, or as many as they like.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
Sure.  Do away with policing, social services, the justice system too while you're at it and accept that if you get robbed, raped or murdered it was your fault for allowingit to happen in the first place.  Survival of the fittest innit, and make sure anyone who wants a gun is allowed to have one, or as many as they like.

Well, I must say,  I'm glad you're starting to see sense.