Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 241987 times)

Offline The General

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #750 on: April 11, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
What would have been a normal reaction to being asked that question in front of the TV cameras and in what way did Gerry’s reaction differ so noticeably from the correct behaviour to display when asked?
Well I stated that the context must be taken in to account and lent some latitude, if you care to read the pertinent parts of the original post. Tell you what, I'll find the clip and let the forum decide. In my opinion, it was a reaction that was attempting to hide a poke of the amygdala. Could be fight / anger, but it looked more like flight to me. I see it daily in my line of work.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »
I presume and trust that you and yours are safe.
Yes all OK. 

Yes, it must be difficult in a case such as that, to be on a jury and try to remain with the concept of innocent .

My feeling is that no one goes and shoots him dead just on the basis he is presumed guilty.  There has to be the fair trial first.  OK how to select an impartial jury is yet to be seen.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #752 on: April 11, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »
You keep avoiding the question.
Does the fact that two lengthy police investigations have so far not been able to implicate the McCanns of being complicit in their child's disappearance not cast the slightest doubt on your belief?

No it’s you who keeps avoiding the question. Why didn’t we know through official channels that the parents were being investigated before September 6th 2007 ? Could it be down to judicial secrecy? Why would we not know if the parents were being investigated this time? Judicial secrecy too ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline The General

« Reply #753 on: April 11, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »
To you?
Or to everyone ?
I get it now - it's a wee game. OK, I have to explain in terms you can understand - I've stated it's my opinion. I've stated it from the initial post.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 06:58:01 PM by Eleanor »

Offline The General

« Reply #754 on: April 11, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
That's it then?
That's the basis for your belief ?
You are on fire tonight. Read the initial post - it made me think, in my opinion he's not being truthful, so what else isn't true. It didn't define an entire belief system, I'm not on a crusade or going to start a cult.

Are we permitted to post links to Youtube?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:05:51 PM by The General »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #755 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »
I get it now - it's a wee game. OK, I have to explain in terms you can understand - I've stated it's my opinion. I've stated it from the initial post.

No, not a game?
It was obvious to you that his reaction was odd but perhaps his reaction didn't seem odd to others.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #756 on: April 11, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
No, not a game?
It was obvious to you that his reaction was odd but perhaps his reaction didn't seem odd to others.
We all can express our own opinions.  The General has spoken.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #757 on: April 11, 2019, 07:08:38 PM »
No, not a game?

I did to me too. Most odd.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #758 on: April 11, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
You are on fire tonight. Read the initial post - it made me think, in my opinion he's not being truthful, so what else isn't true. It didn't define an entire belief system, I'm not on a crusade or going to start a cult.

Are we permitted to post links to Youtube?

One clip made you doubtful?
Has any clip made you doubt your doubts?

I didn't for one moment think you would start a cult or a crusade.
What a strange thought to have?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #759 on: April 11, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »
I did to me too. Most odd.

Of course!

Offline The General

« Reply #760 on: April 11, 2019, 07:11:18 PM »
No, not a game?
Well of course that's the case. That's the case with anything subjective in the history of humanity.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »
Well of course that's the case. That's the case with anything subjective in the history of humanity.

I do not doubt that you found it odd.
But has it defined your belief?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2019, 07:18:56 PM »
No it’s you who keeps avoiding the question. Why didn’t we know through official channels that the parents were being investigated before September 6th 2007 ? Could it be down to judicial secrecy? Why would we not know if the parents were being investigated this time? Judicial secrecy too ?

May to September is five months.

How long is it since both investigations declared the McCanns not to be suspects?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #763 on: April 11, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
Well I stated that the context must be taken in to account and lent some latitude, if you care to read the pertinent parts of the original post. Tell you what, I'll find the clip and let the forum decide. In my opinion, it was a reaction that was attempting to hide a poke of the amygdala. Could be fight / anger, but it looked more like flight to me. I see it daily in my line of work.
Ah.  You’re something of an expert.  Might have known.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #764 on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
I do not doubt that you found it odd.
But has it defined your belief?
No. It was not Road to Damascus moment. I didn't throw my arms up, cast my robes off and embark on a crusade.
I'm no staunch McCann [ censored word ], I haven't got a Mr Magoo what went on, but it's not stitching together and little episodes like this only add to the intrigue.
Thanks for reading.

I'll post the clip, if permitted, but I'm sure you've all seen it.