Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 46635 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »
Well we wont ever know that will we?  Isn't it great that the expertise of Colin Sutton's team regarding the two CCTV films one of which hadn't been viewed is lauded while the same people ignore the dereliction of Paiva's team in following evidence and indeed excuse it?

If Madeleine had been one of the children in photographs described as being "shockingly similar to Madeleine" but which was never shown to Madeleine's parents ... do you really think that for the two years the photograph lay mouldering in Paiva's ignored dossier of evidence ... that child was going to still be there waiting for the McCann private detectives to find?  I think not.

As 'Manhunt' is the subject of the thread why have people ended up criticising the PJ? Lest we forget, a mistake by the UK police allowed Bellfield to kill more victims before he was caught.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
you are quoting your opinion nothing more....The UK police did not want certain things released...the names of sex offenders for one.....for obviouis reasons

Therefore, as I said, there was no way they were going to accede to the McCann's request for all the evidence held by LP.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »
Therefore, as I said, there was no way they were going to accede to the McCann's request for all the evidence held by LP.

did they ask for all the evidence held by LP .....do you have a cite

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2019, 06:48:34 PM »
As 'Manhunt' is the subject of the thread why have people ended up criticising the PJ? Lest we forget, a mistake by the UK police allowed Bellfield to kill more victims before he was caught.

some of us understand police make mistakes...some think the portuguese police do not

Offline jassi

« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »

Not just information held by LP, otherwise why would the Serious Crime Squad and the Attorney General get themselves involved?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2019, 07:00:15 PM »
People have declared that they believe the parents aren't involved, but no one has explained why they hold that opinion. If it's based on Redwood's 'forensic' analysis of the timeline the fact that it was a group effort seems to have been ignored. If it's based on a personal assessment of the parent's demeanor then that's just an opinion. The assistant Chief Constable of LP was right; there is no evidence which excludes them
IMO The parents did not have the means, motive or opportunity to dispose of a child’s body within the framework of the known facts, at least not without the full cooperation and collusion of their entire group of friends it really is that simple.  If you think that you can come up with a plausible reason why an entire group of holiday makers would involve themselves in a cover up of the accidental death of their friends’ child then I’d love to hear it, also a plausible and coherent theory of how they got away with such an audacious crime.  I know you won’t because I know you can’t.  Call me arrogant, find me hilarious, it’s the truth.  BTW you didn’t answer the question:Operation Grange - conspiracy or incompetence
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »
Totman's height is similar to Russell O'Brien's. Jane described someone well below six feet tall. The man in the OG photo was wearing a normal black jacket Jane described a 'bomber' jacket with a gathered hem. The man had curly hair, Jane described it as 'glossy' which suggests it was straight.
So you’re making no allowances for the fact that JT saw him at some distance, in semi darkness and at a time when she wasn’t intent on memorizing everything little detail for posterity.  Do you think that’s very reasonable of you?  Do you not acknowledge any similarities AT ALL between her description and Totman?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
did they ask for all the evidence held by LP .....do you have a cite

Of course, already provided.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10539.msg509642#msg509642
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2019, 07:09:54 PM »
You are unaware then that British Imperial Measure was booted into touch from 1959 to 1963 and was thenceforth defined legally by its relationship to SI units ? The poor old ISY became, legally, 0.9144m,
an inch existed but in name only; as a unit of linear measurement its legal definition is 25.4mm. It has been thus for practically 60 years.
The only imperial names we elected to retain were pint and mile but they are both legally metric measures defined as 568ml and 1609.344m respectively. Which makes 30 mph rather interesting. The legal definition being.
h= time =3600x SI base unit.
m(ile)= linear measurement =1609.344 m; m = SI base unit.
30mph well work it out for yourself but legally it is derived from SI base units........ *%87
Love it.
God, you’re so clever it makes me want to weep.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
Of course, already provided.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10539.msg509642#msg509642

So where in that a nk does it mention... Al the evidence held by LP... It doesn't... That's the second time today your cite dies not support your claim

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
some of us understand police make mistakes...some think the portuguese police do not

Of course they do, but some seem obsessed with pointing out the PJ's shortcomings at every opportunity. On and on they go, about the PJ, Portuguese judges and Portuguese laws.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »
So where in that a nk does it mention... Al the evidence held by LP... It doesn't... That's the second time today your cite dies not support your claim

Should have gone to Specsavers;

an application we had made on Madeleine’s behalf for access to all the information held by Leicestershire police relating to her case.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
Of course they do, but some seem obsessed with pointing out the PJ's shortcomings at every opportunity. On and on they go, about the PJ, Portuguese judges and Portuguese laws.

I don't agree... What I see here is pistets obsessed with pointing out he mccans mistakes

Offline Brietta

« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »
Do you have a cite for this  ?

‘I believe the situation was resolved as a result of Paiva's testimony at the libel trial in 2010 when he admitted to holding a dossier of more than 2,000 pages containing information on Madeleine's case which had not been properly investigated’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/7353737/Madeleine-McCann-more-than-50-new-leads.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »
Should have gone to Specsavers;

an application we had made on Madeleine’s behalf for access to all the information held by Leicestershire police relating to her case.

so again...where does that line appear...could you provide a cite