Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47205 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
No he did not write to her ... he spoke to her directly.  It was quite sometime later when she had access to the files of which that was obviously part which was not published on the internet about which Kate wrote in her book:
Snip
I guessed these were the reports that Bill Henderson, the British consul at the time of Madeleine’s abduction, had told me about.  MADELEINE

But of course you already know that.

The udea that Kate McCann received information which wasn't published on the internet is an opinion, not a fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #646 on: February 06, 2019, 08:36:55 PM »
The udea that Kate McCann received information which wasn't published on the internet is an opinion, not a fact.
???
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #647 on: February 06, 2019, 09:24:22 PM »
Kate McCann did not get her information from "some files".  In her book she clearly states that the information was given to her by the British consul for the Algarve, Bill Henderson.

The Consul was very lucky he didn't get into trouble. He seems to have been a very undiplomatic diplomat. If Kate McCann had repeated what he told her the tour operators would have been very upset imo. He pretty much accused them of putting profit before the safety of their guest's children.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #648 on: February 06, 2019, 10:04:24 PM »
The Consul was very lucky he didn't get into trouble. He seems to have been a very undiplomatic diplomat. If Kate McCann had repeated what he told her the tour operators would have been very upset imo. He pretty much accused them of putting profit before the safety of their guest's children.
And what would be the problem with that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #649 on: February 07, 2019, 08:38:14 AM »
And what would be the problem with that?

British Consul admits he knew about child sex attacks in the Algarve.

Holidaymakers were kept in the dark by Tour Operators keem to protect their businesses.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #650 on: February 07, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

Holidaymakers were kept in the dark by Tour Operators keem to protect their businesses.

I take it that is your headline and not one the McCanns and their party would have seen while choosing a holiday destination?
Do you think parents embarking to a supposedly safe destination catering for children of all ages should have been denied that information to enable informed choices?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #651 on: February 07, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
I take it that is your headline and not one the McCanns and their party would have seen while choosing a holiday destination?
Do you think parents embarking to a supposedly safe destination catering for children of all ages should have been denied that information to enable informed choices?

The information was allegedly kept quiet by tour operators and a British diplomat. Was that acceptable? Why did the diplomat then throw caution to the winds following the disappearance of a child and tell that child's mother about it? Didn't he realise that he was exposing them all to accusations of deceiving British tourists by omission?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:43:00 PM by G-Unit »
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #652 on: February 07, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
We're back to the old "if the police source isn't named by the paper we don't have to believe it" excuse.  Pathetic game playing IMO.

Mark Rowley:There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #653 on: February 07, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
The information was allegedly kept quiet by tour operators and a British diplomat. Was that acceptable? Why did the diplomat then throw caution to the winds following the disappearance of a child and tell that child's mother about it? Didn't he realise that he was exposing them all to accusations of deceiving British tourists by omission?

Which when you think about it is very serious (assuming that it is true of course).
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #654 on: February 07, 2019, 06:09:55 PM »

Please supply the link.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #655 on: February 07, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »

I asked what would be the problem of accusing tour operators of putting profit before the safety of their guests children, something which you claim he did but now seem to be claiming the reverse with your headline.  Which is it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #656 on: February 07, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »

The wonder is that the Portuguese police of the time failed to do what Colin Sutton is alleged to have done in his investigations ... that is to dot the i's ~ cross the t's and go that extra mile.

The Portuguese police of the time appear to have paid scant regard to looking for let alone apprehend the perpetrator who assaulted children in their beds while their parents slept in the next room.

Don't you think a police officer of Sutton's calibre given the evidence available in 2007 might not have checked out links between assaults on British girls ... and the disappearances of Joana Cipriano (difficult for the Portuguese I know since they had already 'solved' Joana's case and saw her mother jailed for her murder) and Madeleine McCann.

There are actually quite a few British child victims of crime who have been denied justice and that can only be due to the Portuguese police failure and not the civilians you blame.

Would Sutton have squandered the golden hours had he been in charge of the Portuguese investigation when it mattered in 2007? 
Given his eye for detail do you think he would have ignored reports of a man entering holiday lets and the beds of children in a case involving a child disappearing from her bed in a holiday let?

I don't think he would have ignored all or any of that if his record is anything to go by.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #657 on: February 07, 2019, 07:39:49 PM »
The wonder is that the Portuguese police of the time failed to do what Colin Sutton is alleged to have done in his investigations ... that is to dot the i's ~ cross the t's and go that extra mile.

The Portuguese police of the time appear to have paid scant regard to looking for let alone apprehend the perpetrator who assaulted children in their beds while their parents slept in the next room.

Don't you think a police officer of Sutton's calibre given the evidence available in 2007 might not have checked out links between assaults on British girls ... and the disappearances of Joana Cipriano (difficult for the Portuguese I know since they had already 'solved' Joana's case and saw her mother jailed for her murder) and Madeleine McCann.

There are actually quite a few British child victims of crime who have been denied justice and that can only be due to the Portuguese police failure and not the civilians you blame.

Would Sutton have squandered the golden hours had he been in charge of the Portuguese investigation when it mattered in 2007? 
Given his eye for detail do you think he would have ignored reports of a man entering holiday lets and the beds of children in a case involving a child disappearing from her bed in a holiday let?

I don't think he would have ignored all or any of that if his record is anything to go by.

I'm not convinced they knew about it. Apparenly the tour operators, the British Consul and Kate McCann knew, but did any of them chase it up with the police? It seems they didn't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »
I'm not convinced they knew about it. Apparenly the tour operators, the British Consul and Kate McCann knew, but did any of them chase it up with the police? It seems they didn't.

Kate McCann was given the information shortly after Madeleine's disappearance and states in MADELEINE that she was unsure why she put the information to the back of her mind for many months.
Except that at the time in her mind she could not cope with thinking of Madeleine's disappearance together with the cases of these abused little girls.

The McCanns tried to convince the police that Madeleine had been abducted and we see how far they got with that.

Yet again your post seems to be shifting the onus of investigating crime away from the police and onto the victims.

The police had a job to do and if they weren't already chasing up these assaults on children and ruling them in or out in Madeleine's case ... I think it is obvious they just were not doing their job.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #659 on: February 08, 2019, 07:40:28 AM »
Kate McCann was given the information shortly after Madeleine's disappearance and states in MADELEINE that she was unsure why she put the information to the back of her mind for many months.
Except that at the time in her mind she could not cope with thinking of Madeleine's disappearance together with the cases of these abused little girls.

The McCanns tried to convince the police that Madeleine had been abducted and we see how far they got with that.

Yet again your post seems to be shifting the onus of investigating crime away from the police and onto the victims.

The police had a job to do and if they weren't already chasing up these assaults on children and ruling them in or out in Madeleine's case ... I think it is obvious they just were not doing their job.

The police can only investigate crimes if they know about them. It was four years before these crimes were mentioned by anyone. Apparently the British Consul thought about them right away and wondered if there was a connection but wasn't concerned enough to speak to the PJ avout it.

Result = happy posting.