Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47264 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
Anyone who thinks they have a greater understanding of the facts of this case than either the media (who are known to have direct sources in many police departments) or the victims’ families is living in a cloud of delusion, IMO.

The media were convinced that Martin Smith changed his mind about who he thought he saw on 3rd May. Many people believed them and cited their stories as 'proof'. The stories were all wrong.

I don't know who these victim's families are?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »
The media were convinced that Martin Smith changed his mind about who he thought he saw on 3rd May. Many people believed them and cited their stories as 'proof'. The stories were all wrong.

Of course the media does get things wrong (and it’s usually the tabs who do have to be taken with a pinch of salt) but can I ask - how do you have any idea what is going on in the country or the world generally?  Do you get you news from nameless individuals on internet forums or do you rely on reputable news outlets to keep abreast of current affairs and stories of public interest?  Are you one of these people who doubts everything they read on newspaper websites or on the BBC news in favour of what you hear on the internet grapevine?  Do you think you have a greater insight into what is happening behind the scenes in this case than the “MSM”? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »

There are issues with this story, based on the information released or published so far.

Logistics.  How does a perp target only white British children across half of the Algarve?

Why does the British Consulate know about these?

The Algarve in 2007 was a popular destination for other nationalities, including Portuguese, German, French, Dutch, Irish (and American and Australian).  Why just British?  Rather than white girls, or white girls who spoke English?
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2019, 10:53:22 AM »

Self explanatory.

Not to me it isn't so please explain.

Offline Lace

« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »

Cite for leaving no evidence of break ins please.

It is mentioned in this article -    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26646885

Offline jassi

« Reply #710 on: February 10, 2019, 11:11:08 AM »
It is mentioned in this article -    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26646885

Was there any outcome to that part of OG's investigation?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #711 on: February 10, 2019, 11:20:07 AM »
Of course the media does get things wrong (and it’s usually the tabs who do have to be taken with a pinch of salt) but can I ask - how do you have any idea what is going on in the country or the world generally?  Do you get you news from nameless individuals on internet forums or do you rely on reputable news outlets to keep abreast of current affairs and stories of public interest?  Are you one of these people who doubts everything they read on newspaper websites or on the BBC news in favour of what you hear on the internet grapevine?  Do you think you have a greater insight into what is happening behind the scenes in this case than the “MSM”?

What I don't do is rely on the media to get things right or to quote them as if they were authorities. You mention the tabloids, but it was the Telegraph who claimed that the PJ files contained something they didn't.

Whatever source I use I look for evidence that the information they are giving can be independently verified. If there's no evidence that it can then I suspend judgement.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #712 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »
Was there any outcome to that part of OG's investigation?

They haven't reported that they'd found him but he could still be a suspect in their investigation.  IMO

Offline jassi

« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »
They haven't reported that they'd found him but he could still be a suspect in their investigation.  IMO

Yet they are reduced to 4 guys (or gals) sitting in an office somewhere in London. pushing paperwork, so not likely in my opinion.
Still, hope springs eternal for some, I guess
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:28 AM »
What I don't do is rely on the media to get things right or to quote them as if they were authorities. You mention the tabloids, but it was the Telegraph who claimed that the PJ files contained something they didn't.

Whatever source I use I look for evidence that the information they are giving can be independently verified. If there's no evidence that it can then I suspend judgement.
Define “independently verified”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #715 on: February 10, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »
There are issues with this story, based on the information released or published so far.

Logistics.  How does a perp target only white British children across half of the Algarve?

Why does the British Consulate know about these?

The Algarve in 2007 was a popular destination for other nationalities, including Portuguese, German, French, Dutch, Irish (and American and Australian).  Why just British?  Rather than white girls, or white girls who spoke English?

Indeed. Were only British children targetted? How did the perp know they were British? If other nationalities have suffered similar attacks why haven't they spoken up?

Why did the British Consul agree to keeo these crimes quiet? Until he met Kate McCann, of course, when he decided to add to her alarm by telling her all about it. Luckily for him, imo, she didn't realise the sugnificance for over a year. Unluckily for her it was seven years after her daughter disappeared and around three years after they ceased before anyone publicised the crimes.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #716 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »
Indeed. Were only British children targetted? How did the perp know they were British? If other nationalities have suffered similar attacks why haven't they spoken up?

Why did the British Consul agree to keeo these crimes quiet? Until he met Kate McCann, of course, when he decided to add to her alarm by telling her all about it. Luckily for him, imo, she didn't realise the sugnificance for over a year. Unluckily for her it was seven years after her daughter disappeared and around three years after they ceased before anyone publicised the crimes.
Do you have a cite for the British Consul agreeing to keep quiet about these crimes?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #717 on: February 10, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
Define “independently verified”.

I used to think that quoting a named person was sufficient, until Colin Sutton accused a journalist of blatantly attrubuting words to hm that he didn't say. Sometimes even what people say in filmed interviews is misquoted in print. In this case verification has been particularly difficult.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #718 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:32 AM »
Do you have a cite for the British Consul agreeing to keep quiet about these crimes?

Were holidaymakers warned?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #719 on: February 10, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
Were holidaymakers warned?
I have no idea, do you have a cite for the British Consul agreeing to take part in a cover up?  It’s a serious allegation which I presume you can back up with actual facts.