Author Topic: Have we learned anything new from the Cipriano case?  (Read 25854 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Have we learned anything new from the Cipriano case?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
John Cipriano wasn't forced to confess and the recording of it was played to the jury when he refused to speak at trial.  Leandro is irrelevant to the trial as he wasn't there when the killing took place.  In any event he has withdrawn and support he ever had for Leonor and her family have disowned her.

Do try and get the timeline right Sadie, Leonor admitted killing the girl BEFORE she was committed to prison ie BEFORE the torture.

i find it strange that sadie  and others defend people that have  admitted they killd their daughter would the  mcann supporters have heard  about that case if not for the mcanns?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »
i find it strange that sadie  and others defend people that have  admitted they killd their daughter would the  mcann supporters have heard  about that case if not for the mcanns?

Sadies only reason for supporting Leonor is to have a pop at Amaral, pretty pathetic in my view.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
Sadies only reason for supporting Leonor is to have a pop at Amaral, pretty pathetic in my view.

i agree

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »

We'll cut the Sadie bashing, thank you.  On Forum is not the place.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
We'll cut the Sadie bashing, thank you.  On Forum is not the place.

Are you saying it isn't true?  Sadie's bleatings on behalf of murderers John and Leonor Cipriano is pretty nauseous.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:59:32 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
Are you saying it isn't true?  Sadie's bleatings on behalf of murderers John and Leonor Cipriano is pretty nauseous.

Your defence of a justice system which not only allows but encourages torture as a means of serving justice is also pretty nauseous. Are elements of the Portuguese police as prejudiced against suspected child killers as they are against black people? You really believe that the accused officers didn't use threatening behaviour or violence to obtain the result THEY wanted, not the truth?
Here is some more background to the latest case involving the police at Cova da Moura.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32419952
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:56:58 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »

Insisting that they were innocent is an important part of the Amaral/PJ-bashing agenda. After all, if the PJ were right about the Ciprianos they're not as useless as people want us to think they are.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
Insisting that they were innocent is an important part of the Amaral/PJ-bashing agenda. After all, if the PJ were right about the Ciprianos they're not as useless as people want us to think they are.

Exercising a form of vilig[ censored word]m within a recognised legal system is not something to be condoned.

Offline sadie

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
sadies reason for supporting Leonor and Joao is the same as her reason for supporting The Mccanns.

sadie is passionate about Justice and especially about the treatment that The Ciprianos received .  Like wise The Mccanns and Michael Cook

... and without a shred of doubt, sadie is passionate about what has happened to poor Madeleine and Joana.  But, both are almost certainly alive IMO.   And I have numerous pointers to say that, especially about Madeleine.

We will just wait and see.  Hopefully the end to this saga will come soon, with the safe return of both Madeleine and Joana

Offline sadie

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »
Please do not misrepresent me.
I believe the Ciprianos to be innocent, but I cant be sure.

What I can be sure of is that the so called evidence put forward by Amaral and Cristavao doesn't hold any water.  There was NO case against them that I could see ... just the stories from two, sorry to say it again, later Court proven Criminal Inspectors of Police.

These Officers even went so far as to state thatJoana went home and found her mother having sex with sibling brother.  Now how coukld they have known this.  The Courts IIRC disallowed this

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »
sadies reason for supporting Leonor and Joao is the same as her reason for supporting The Mccanns.

sadie is passionate about Justice and especially about the treatment that The Ciprianos received .  Like wise The Mccanns and Michael Cook

... and without a shred of doubt, sadie is passionate about what has happened to poor Madeleine and Joana.  But, both almost certainly alive IMO.   And with numerous pointers to say that, especially about Madeleine.

We will just wait and see.  Hopefully the end to this saga will come soon, with the safe return of both Madeleine and Joana

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »

... and without a shred of doubt, sadie is passionate about what has happened to poor Madeleine and Joana.  But, both almost certainly alive IMO.   And with numerous pointers to say that, especially about Madeleine.

The last link you posted re Michael Cook went as follows.  In Parliament, Cook's MP got up and trotted out a long list of alleged tortures. When he sat down, a Foreign Office spokesman got up and responded thus.  That Cook had been visited numerous times in prison pre-trial.  That Cook had showed no signs of torture.  That Cook had been asked on numerous occasions about his treatment.  That Cook had never complained about his treatment.

Which do I think is more accurate - Cook's MP, who was never there - or the Foreign Office, which visited him several times?   Hmm.

Did Mr Cook commit the murder?  I have no opinion on that, as I know only the barest of bones regarding the case.

If you think Mr Cook's case is a miscarriage of justice, kindly consider requesting a new sub-forum from John.

But every time Mr Cook's case is linked in some way to the alleged Spanish Portuguese Inquisition, I am going to point out that Hansard deems otherwise.

This was the single redeeming point in Danny Collins opus "Vanished".  He included the Hansard report as an appendix, which was when I realised the FO had rubbished allegations of brutality in Mr Cook's case.

For those not familiar with the case, Mr Cook should be out and about again, assuming he survived his sentence.
What's up, old man?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »
Exercising a form of vilig[ censored word]m within a recognised legal system is not something to be condoned.

Elements of the police behave in such a manner in every country in the world, even in modern-day England.  Picking Portugal out for criticism is very narrow minded.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
Elements of the police behave in such a manner in every country in the world, even in modern-day England.  Picking Portugal out for criticism is very narrow minded.

I am well aware Portugal is not unique in that respect. However, there are some who believe that the people who dealt with the Joana & Madeleine cases are paragons of virtue when nothing could be further from the truth. Obtaining a conviction, just or unjust,  by unlawful means is not something any country should be proud of. IMO.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:03:30 PM by misty »