Author Topic: Former FM Alex Salmond faces 14 charges including 2 of attempted rape.  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Angelo222

Former First Minister Alex Salmond charged with a breach of the peace, 2 counts of indecent assault, 9 counts of sexual assault and 2 of attempted rape.

He told reporters outside Edinburgh Sheriff Court that he was innocent of any criminality.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Re: Former FM Alex Salmond faces 14 charges including 2 of attempted rape.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:03:38 PM »
Former First Minister Alex Salmond charged with a breach of the peace, 2 counts of indecent assault, 9 counts of sexual assault and 2 of attempted rape.

He told reporters outside Edinburgh Sheriff Court that he was innocent of any criminality.

And to think that this was the guy who very nearly brought about the conditions for an independent Scotland.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
And to think that this was the guy who very nearly brought about the conditions for an independent Scotland.

As my husband keeps on telling me, innocent until proven guilty!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »

No smoke without fire come to mind with these 14 charges.  I fear a Joan of Arc moment coming on.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

No smoke without fire come to mind with these 14 charges.  I fear a Joan of Arc moment coming on.

Not guilty of all charges.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

Not guilty of all charges.

So much for the Moorov Doctrine.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

or not proven!!

the outcome today...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1259115/Alex-Salmond-latest-court-case-sexual-assault-not-guilty-acquitted

The express and others claim not guilty but it is not proven  which is something differnt..,
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

or not proven!!

the outcome today...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1259115/Alex-Salmond-latest-court-case-sexual-assault-not-guilty-acquitted

The express and others claim not guilty but it is not proven  which is something differnt..,

If you read it correctly one charge out of twelve was 'not proven' and in law there is there no legal difference between a not guilty and not proven verdict making for a rather bizarre outcome.

The man has been tried and found Not Guilty and that is an end of it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

If you read it correctly one charge out of twelve was 'not proven' and in law there is there no legal difference between a not guilty and not proven verdict making for a rather bizarre outcome.

The man has been tried and found Not Guilty and that is an end of it.

It is not in a innocent persons interest that something is left 'not proven'- it is a hellish state of affairs!

I don't think was any real evidence of  his guilt- the jury had no option to find him not guilty for the rest. SO THE NOT PROVEN ONE WAS A SURPRISE TO SAY THE LEAST!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin