Author Topic: What IF Luke Mitchell is proven guilty after the remaining samples are tested?  (Read 7345 times)

Offline TruthSeeker2003

Yes what IF

Should Luke be again proven to be the murderer after the samples are tested? Of course, it would come as a shock to his supporters. But what it wouldn't change is the malpractice of the judiciary system. We aren't just fighting for justice here. We are fighting because what happened to Luke could happen to any one of us or our families. The police, courts, appeal courts, the system, they are all so intricately linked. They are not here for justice for the victims or the perpetrators. They are the biggest organised crime gang in Scotland. The whole system needs an overhaul. It's outdated. They don't serve us the public. They serve themselves.
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline John

Yes what IF

Should Luke be again proven to be the murderer after the samples are tested? Of course, it would come as a shock to his supporters. But what it wouldn't change is the malpractice of the judiciary system. We aren't just fighting for justice here. We are fighting because what happened to Luke could happen to any one of us or our families. The police, courts, appeal courts, the system, they are all so intricately linked. They are not here for justice for the victims or the perpetrators. They are the biggest organised crime gang in Scotland. The whole system needs an overhaul. It's outdated. They don't serve us the public. They serve themselves.

Having seen the sham Scottish justice system at first hand right up to Supreme Court level I have to agree. One of my lawyers once told me it isn't about justice, it is what looks good in the public eye.

The Scottish courts are riddled with sectarianism and their decisions are influenced by whatever side of the religious divide you happen to appear to them to fall under.

Add to this 15 juror juries and the infamously disastrous majority verdict decisions and you have recipe for miscarriages, wrongful convictions and the guilty being let off.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:16:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

But surely if the DNA proves he did it then that will be confirmation that the system worked first time round wouldn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline TruthSeeker2003

Having seen the sham Scottish justice system at first hand right up to Supreme Court level I have to agree. One of my lawyers once told me it isn't about justice, it is what looks good in the public eye.

The Scottish courts are riddled with sectarianism and their decisions are influenced by whatever side of the religious divide you happen to appear to them to fall under.

Add to this 15 juror juries and the infamously disastrous majority verdict decisions and you have recipe for miscarriages, wrongful convictions and the guilty being let off.

Yes you are right! The system is completely broken. It has been for centuries

Offline TruthSeeker2003

But surely if the DNA proves he did it then that will be confirmation that the system worked first time round wouldn’t it?

Please read my post. The emphasis is on the corruption within the system. Should the results not clear Luke it doesn't excuse the failings of police Scotland.

Also it doesn't fix our justice system whichever the results prove. The police, courts, appeal courts aren't interested in justice. They are supposed to work for us. They don't. They work for themselves. The system is completely broken. How do we fix it?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Please read my post. The emphasis is on the corruption within the system. Should the results not clear Luke it doesn't excuse the failings of police Scotland.

Also it doesn't fix our justice system whichever the results prove. The police, courts, appeal courts aren't interested in justice. They are supposed to work for us. They don't. They work for themselves. The system is completely broken. How do we fix it?
I did read your post, perhaps you didn’t read mine.  If the DNA proves Luke did it then justice in this case will have been done.  No question.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

I did read your post, perhaps you didn’t read mine.  If the DNA proves Luke did it then justice in this case will have been done.  No question.

When I first heard about this case I refused to believe that a 14-year-old boy could do such a thing to his girlfriend and I think this sentiment has long endured. The evidence however paints a very different picture so that is why I eventually changed my mind as to Luke Mitchell's culpability.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Chris_Halkides

The way the justice system treated Shane Mitchell and Corinne Mitchell should be cause for serious soul searching and perhaps reform.  In addition a 14 or 15 year old youth (Luke Mitchell) should not be subjected to the Reid technique.  One might compare this to the Brendan Dassey case in Wisconsin (USA).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 03:16:03 AM by Chris_Halkides »

Offline faithlilly

When I first heard about this case I refused to believe that a 14-year-old boy could do such a thing to his girlfriend and I think this sentiment has long endured. The evidence however paints a very different picture so that is why I eventually changed my mind as to Luke Mitchell's culpability.

I have read many of your posts on the blue forum from around 2010 expressing support for Luke and his fight for justice. I believe you went as far as to approach his legal team and set up a helpline to offer further help. In 2010 we knew all the ‘evidence’ that had formed the case against Luke via the trial and subsequent appeal. What piece of information that has come to light since that time has changed your mind?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 09:39:52 AM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

You read part of it. What about the part I mentioned about the justice system itself?

Offline Venturi Swirl

You read part of it. What about the part I mentioned about the justice system itself?
What about it?  This forum is about the Luke Mitchell case.  If the DNA results prove he did it the. how has Scottish Justice failed the parents of Jodi Jones?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

What about it?  This forum is about the Luke Mitchell case.  If the DNA results prove he did it the. how has Scottish Justice failed the parents of Jodi Jones?

I didn't mention Jodi’s parents. I am talking about our justice system and the corruption within it.

I am sorry you didn't understand my post.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I didn't mention Jodi’s parents. I am talking about our justice system and the corruption within it.

I am sorry you didn't understand my post.
You’re not making much sense tbh.  You may well have a point that the justice system in Scotland is not perfect but if it’s proven beyond doubt that Mitchell killed Jodi then clearly this case is not a good example of corruption and failure is it?

Offline KenMair

I'm still wondering why these untested samples will prove who the killer is?  If they are tested and found to be LM, will it make any difference, and if it is AN Other, how will it prove they were the killer and eliminate all the evidence and witness statements provided at the trial?

Genuinely curious.

Offline TruthSeeker2003

You’re not making much sense tbh.  You may well have a point that the justice system in Scotland is not perfect but if it’s proven beyond doubt that Mitchell killed Jodi then clearly this case is not a good example of corruption and failure is it?

Sorry you can’t see the bigger picture. This isn’t the thread for you. I am also sorry for your inability to understand.