Author Topic: Is it immoral to think Madeleine was abducted and murdered?  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Is it immoral to think Madeleine was abducted and murdered?
« on: August 01, 2022, 04:32:33 PM »
it’s been suggested numerous times on here by sceptics that anyone who firmly believes Madeleine was abducted, abused and murdered is morally deficient or should somehow be ashamed of themselves.  Does that extend to the police forces who are investigating a stranger abduction in this case?  Are they too behaving immorally or shamefully?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Is it immoral to think Madeleine was abducted and murdered?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 04:34:50 PM »
Furthermore why is it morally unacceptable to hold this opinion?  Let’s explore the logic of this belief, that McCann supporters who believe Madeleine was abducted and murdered are morally deficient and should be ashamed of holding this opinion.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 04:38:42 PM »
In Darwin’s day, he was denounced as immoral and Unchristian for holding the opinion that man is descended from apes.  People like Tony Bennett still to this day revile and reject his Theory of Evolution as immoral and unproven.  I think it’s bizarre, twisted logic based on the denouncers’ faith - only in this case it’s faith not in GOD but  in DOG(s)

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 04:50:25 PM »
it’s been suggested numerous times on here by sceptics that anyone who firmly believes Madeleine was abducted, abused and murdered is morally deficient or should somehow be ashamed of themselves. Does that extend to the police forces who are investigating a stranger abduction in this case?  Are they too behaving immorally or shamefully?

Well, there's no evidence to support your disgusting fantasy really is there, other than some rather tenuous rubbish Brueckner spoke about in web chat.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 04:52:35 PM »
Furthermore why is it morally unacceptable to hold this opinion? Let’s explore the logic of this belief, that McCann supporters who believe Madeleine was abducted and murdered are morally deficient and should be ashamed of holding this opinion.

Well, there's no evidence to support the idea, but if you're happy to have spent the last 15 years fantasising about paedophiles based on nothing at all that's your choice I suppose.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 05:42:47 PM »
Also, does refusing to accept the likelihood that Madeleine was abducted and murdered have any bearing on what actually did happen to her? There does seem to me some sort of bizarre belief that if you refuse to believe such a scenario could possibly have happened then it can’t possibly have happened.  Conversely there appears to be a belief that if you say you think Madeleine was abducted and murdered by CB that it is somehow within your capability to choose what happened to her, that this is the fate you actively chose and wished for her.  Where is the sense in this grotesque thinking?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 05:54:20 PM »
Also, does refusing to accept the likelihood that Madeleine was abducted and murdered have any bearing on what actually did happen to her? There does seem to me some sort of bizarre belief that if you refuse to believe such a scenario could possibly have happened then it can’t possibly have happened.  Conversely there appears to be a belief that if you say you think Madeleine was abducted and murdered by CB that it is somehow within your capability to choose what happened to her, that this is the fate you actively chose and wished for her.  Where is the sense in this grotesque thinking?

Well, hoping she's alive makes no difference to anything either, yet the McCanns still do, in the face of irrefutable evidence she's dead.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:12:18 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 11:07:32 PM »
So no one’s interested in defending the idea that it is immoral to hold the opinion that Madeleine was abducted and murdered or explaining why it is that theose who hold such an opinion have lost their moral compass? 

Oh well, let’s hope it’s the last time we hear such nonsensical accusations on this forum (I know, I know, hoping is such an overrated and pointless concept, I should probably be ashamed for that as well!)

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 11:23:15 PM »
The irony of course is that those calling into question the moral compass of people who subscribe to the stranger abduction theory would have absolutely no problem with anyone claiming Madeleine was abused and murdered by her parents and their friends.  No, that would of course be quite morally acceptable to them.   *%87

Offline Rossb

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 09:57:19 AM »
So no one’s interested in defending the idea that it is immoral to hold the opinion that Madeleine was abducted and murdered or explaining why it is that theose who hold such an opinion have lost their moral compass? 

Oh well, let’s hope it’s the last time we hear such nonsensical accusations on this forum (I know, I know, hoping is such an overrated and pointless concept, I should probably be ashamed for that as well!)

Although we all have to hypothesise, i remember someone on fb group trying to show a list of doctors who had killed. Not one of them of kids but just in general lol. I thought what is this post trying to prove. Ppl will go to bear minimum of anything as speech in interviews to 'prove' guilt

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 10:00:16 AM »
Although we all have to hypothesise, i remember someone on fb group trying to show a list of doctors who had killed. Not one of them of kids but just in general lol. I thought what is this post trying to prove. Ppl will go to bear minimum of anything as speech in interviews to 'prove' guilt
Over the years there have been countless comparisons made between the McCanns and Harold Shipman, Hindley & Brady and the Wests.  so clearly there is a sceptic mindset that the McCanns are on a par with the worst serial killers of all time and apparently there is nothing immoral in holding that fantasy - that the McCanns are evil killers.  No, it's only immoral to consider that the police are on the right track investigating abduction and murder by a stranger.  Go figure!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 10:06:33 AM »
Over the years there have been countless comparisons made between the McCanns and Harold Shipman, Hindley & Brady and the Wests.  so clearly there is a sceptic mindset that the McCanns are on a par with the worst serial killers of all time and apparently there is nothing immoral in holding that fantasy - that the McCanns are evil killers.  No, it's only immoral to consider that the police are on the right track investigating abduction and murder by a stranger.  Go figure!

Well, it's not impossible is it, & there's no way to rule it out entirely really unless Wolters reveals the concrete evidence. Only, that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. He won't even share it with the McCanns or the MET for reasons no one will suggest.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 10:30:41 AM »
Of course the McCanns can't possibly be evil killers because they have no previous history of being evil killers #scepticlogic  Still, it's not immoral to fantasise that they are so do carry on -  remember you've only lost your moral compass if you accept that three police investigations are on the right track investigating a convicted paedo and rapist for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »
Of course the McCanns can't possibly be evil killers because they have no previous history of being evil killers #scepticlogic  Still, it's not immoral to fantasise that they are so do carry on -  remember you've only lost your moral compass if you accept that three police investigations are on the right track investigating a convicted paedo and rapist for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

.....and how's that going?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 10:51:58 AM »

There was a tendency at one point to use the McCann's lack of previous wrongdoing and the fact that they were doctors to suggest that they were unlikely to be involved. I think posts such as the one you mention were demonstrating that people's pasts and/or their jobs are not 'proof' of innocence. To some extent CB's past is being used by some as if it were 'proof' of guilt.

Just as the McCanns became 'poor', 'suffering' and 'doctors' to emphasise a message, so CB has become 'vile', peodophile' and 'rapist' to achieve another.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0