Author Topic: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!  (Read 4116 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 08:30:55 PM »
Not mad, just bad - he can just say what he likes now, he knows he’s untouchable so can make outlandish claims and there’s nowt anyone anywhere can do about it.

All good then.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2022, 08:55:55 PM »
There seems to be an unhealthy obsession with Amaral. I find this puzzling.
He’s come out from under his stone and made a bizarre proclamation, it’s bound to be discussed - why do you find that puzzling? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2022, 09:24:17 PM »
Amaral is a total fool...I hope he carries on..
What he is saying is libellous but perhaps he's too thick to realise

The Supreme Court in their last adjudication made it clear that the parents had not been cleared. That means that they are still technically suspect in Portugal regardless of what any police try to bleat in furtherance of international accords.

The McCanns were the last people to see her alive which by default will always render them as people of interest in the disappearance of Maddie.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 09:26:37 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline The General

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2022, 09:25:25 PM »
Amaral is a total fool...I hope he carries on..
What he is saying is libellous but perhaps he's too thick to realise
Givcen your record on legal pronouncements, it looks like he's free and clear.
[0-3]
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2022, 09:27:04 PM »
The Supreme Court in their last adjudication made it clear that the parents had not been cleared. That means that they are still technically suspect in Portugal regardless of what any police try to bleat in furtherance of international accords.

You are just showing how poorly you understand the situation.. Anyone who thinks the mccanns are suspects is a fool

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2022, 09:27:26 PM »
Givcen your record on legal pronouncements, it looks like he's free and clear.
[0-3]

Had Davel ever got anything right?  8)-)))
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2022, 09:27:49 PM »

It's pretty hard to rule them out really, if you're honest about things.
They are the last to claim to have seen their daughter alive & well, & the only evidence she was abducted are their own self serving statements.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 09:43:41 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2022, 09:28:56 PM »
You are just showing how poorly you understand the situation.. Anyone who thinks the mccanns are suspects is a fool

I won't take lessons from you Davel given your lack of legal understanding.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2022, 09:29:22 PM »

The McCanns were the last people to see her alive which by default will always render them as people of interest in the disappearance of Maddie.

You are wrong... The SC did not say the mccanns have not been cleared.. Read it again and supply the correct quote

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2022, 09:32:26 PM »
I won't take lessons from you Davel given your lack of legal understanding.

I've shown quite detailed legal understanding.. Perhaps its just over your head... Like the fact that you think the SC said the mccanns haven't been cleared.. I repeat.... Anyone who thinks the mccanns are still suspects is a fool.
What amaral said is clearly libellous

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2022, 09:46:01 PM »
I've shown quite detailed legal understanding.. Perhaps its just over your head... Like the fact that you think the SC said the mccanns haven't been cleared.. I repeat.... Anyone who thinks the mccanns are still suspects is a fool.

How were the police able to rule them out?

Utterly convinced by Kate's curtains were they, after they questioned the McCanns again?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 12:06:31 AM »
You are wrong... The SC did not say the mccanns have not been cleared.. Read it again and supply the correct quote

The Supreme Court judges have said that archiving per se should not be confused with being considered innocent.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/02/09/kate-and-gerry-mccann-havent-been-proved-innocent-over-maddies-disappearance-6436728/

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2022, 12:08:05 AM »

Your opinions have been shown to be wanting. You haven't got anything right yet  @)(++(*

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 12:15:08 AM »
The Supreme Court judges have said that archiving per se should not be confused with being considered innocent.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/02/09/kate-and-gerry-mccann-havent-been-proved-innocent-over-maddies-disappearance-6436728/

What?  That doesn't make sense.  No wonder Portugal has a problem.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2022, 12:18:19 AM »
What?  That doesn't make sense.  No wonder Portugal has a problem.

It is really very simple. The Portuguese Supreme Court stated that the McCanns cannot be seen as having been cleared just because the case was archived. In other words, they could still be made suspects again should new evidence be found which undermines their version of events.

Basically, the door is still open to all scenarios.

Je ne regrette rien!!