Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30533 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »
Another day and no interview.  So far the prediction is holding true.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »
You are at liberty to accept whatever you wish ... that is entirely at your discretion.

That is the crux of it.  I for one don't believe anything claiming to be from the 'family' or from a 'family friend' as the media are well known to make up any old rubbish they like and especially now that Leveson has been exposed as a sham.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:15:52 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »
Another day and no interview.  So far the prediction is holding true.

Are you disappointed Robbie?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:54 AM »
That is the crux of it.  I for one don't believe anything claiming to be from the 'family' or from a 'family friend' as the media are well known to make up any old rubbish they like and especially now that Leveson has been exposed as a sham.

The McCanns are also known for using family and spokespeople to provide comment to the press and so far we have not seen a denial from Mitchell.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »
Could we stay on topic please guys.  TY
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:09:05 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Are you disappointed Robbie?
I am disappointed that I have not solved the case.  Is the suggestion that there will be no announcement disappointing? yes I think so.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
The McCanns are also known for using family and spokespeople to provide comment to the press and so far we have not seen a denial from Mitchell.

Don't think there will be anything from family members - they were shut up years ago.
Favorite now is family friend, or source close to the family. They can also rely on friendly reporter Tracy
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
Don't think there will be anything from family members - they were shut up years ago.
Favorite now is family friend, or source close to the family. They can also rely on friendly reporter Tracy

I thought it was the invitation to appear on 'Loose Women'  they objected about?   

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2018, 06:27:11 PM »
I thought it was the invitation to appear on 'Loose Women'  they objected about?   

Is it me or can the police ask or advise but not tell people what to do? If they do advise, is it sensible for those advised to share even that?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2018, 06:58:20 PM »

Dreadful programme.IMO
Cannot imagine they would want to appear on that!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:19:54 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »

Dreadful programme.IMO
Cannot imagine they would want to appear on that!
Could the OG have advised the McCanns not to talk about the case just on Loose Women?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »
Have OG spoken directly about this or is it an unattributed tabloid story?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »
Could the OG have advised the McCanns not to talk about the case just on Loose Women?

Would be my advice.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2018, 07:49:05 PM »
Have OG spoken directly about this or is it an unattributed tabloid story?

We’ll know on Thursday.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »
Four days have now passed since the Sun ran with the story as noted in the opening post.  To date it seems no-one else has bothered.  False news? or the Sun being at least four days ahead of the pack? or the sceptics having their wish granted that the main stream media are bored at last and will print no more?

Obviously in my opinion, Kate and Gerry would not be discussing the present police investigation under any circumstances and every aspect of their lives must be centred on that at the moment.

So what else is there to say in an interview which hasn't been said before?  Or what questions based on prior knowledge might now be prejudicial to Madeleine's case if answered or not answered in accordance with Kate and Gerry's current knowledge? 
Bearing in mind they are being kept fully informed of developments.

My heart went out to Katrice Lee's mother, Sharon, who in my opinion spoke for all the others as she told The Sun that Katrice was ‘gone in a matter of seconds’ and describing her life since as:‘It’s living a nightmare that you never wake up from'.

If anyone is disappointed that Kate and Gerry apparently won't be giving an interview this anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance they will be able to get a measure of the despair they may be feeling if they read Sharon Lee's thoughts on the lifetime she has missed with her daughter Katrice and as the police make another attempt to find out what happened to her, as follows ...

‘Nearly 37 years ago we became members of an exclusive club we didn’t ask for membership of – we became parents of a missing daughter.

‘I would dearly love to be able to revoke that membership. although I would like a fairytale ending to our story, I fully appreciate that might not be.

‘But at the end of the day, we will have closure and any emotions that come from that closure we will learn to live with and deal with as we have for the past nearly 37 years.

‘The next five weeks is a double-edged sword for us as a family.

‘We desperately want Katrice to be found but we also know that if anything is discovered during this search then my daughter’s (life) would have been ended in very unsavoury circumstances. That’s another emotion we have learn to live with.’  Sharon Lee
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20180501/282033327814498

It is not the exclusive club, as described above, membership of which we would be envious.  Which in my opinion makes any speculation regarding the interaction with the media unknown territory to those of us blessed never to have known the experience of reliance on it to promote our child's case.

In my opinion whatever action Kate and Gerry may take is for them and them alone to decide and one can only wonder at the criticism being directed at them particularly as it is said accurately or not, that they may be acting on police advice.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....