Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30041 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Official Find Madeleine Campaign
5 hrs ·
May 2018 – 11th Anniversary of Madeleine’s Abduction

It gets harder to know what to say or write as each anniversary of Madeleine’s abduction approaches then passes. Life is full and busy which helps but Madeleine is still missing and she is still dearly missed. Information continues to come in (incredible as it may seem after so long, although we are grateful for that) and work goes on. Perseverance and hope remain.

Thank you to everyone who continues to support us and wish us, especially Madeleine, well. After eleven years such warmth and persisting solidarity is truly remarkable, and at the same time a real tonic and boost to our spirit. We couldn’t bear for Madeleine to be forgotten or to become just a ‘story’. She is a real person and still our ‘little girl’ and as we always have, we will endeavour to do whatever it takes to find her. Thank you so much for staying with us on this mission.

Kate and Gerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-post-heartfelt-12470455
Tracey's report in the Mirror.

A warm and grateful message.
The warmth and solidarity they speak of must help at this sad anniversary.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
Why would they thank them when they know the Met are closing in and it's only a matter of a few more tick-tocks before they're nabbed?  That's the logic behind your constantly harping on about this non-issue and it's probbly time to give it a rest IMO.  The McCanns have thanked EVERYONE who has supported them, and that most certainly includes all the police, and public officials who have done everything they can to keep this case funded and active.

Given that Amaral received quite a large donation to his legal fund from MET officers, it would appear that not everyone at SY has the same confidence you speak of.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:42:18 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2018, 03:52:04 PM »
Given that Amaral received quite a large donation to his legal fund from MET officers, it would appear that not everyone at SY has the same confidence you speak of.

It has been claimed he did...I find it hard to beleve

Offline John

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »

The account showed it and a senior officer later confirmed it if I recall.  The former can be faked but not the latter.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:34:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »
A reminder to all members as we approach the bank holiday weekend.

Comments should be appropriate to the thread header or opening post.  Spamming, nitpicking, goading, abuse, put-downs or any other activity contrary to the forum rules will attract sanctions.

This has traditionally been an emotional time for posters on the Madeleine McCann board so please consider carefully what you post before pressing the post button. Civility costs nothing!

Please treat other users with respect regardless of their views.  TY
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:32:32 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »

So do I.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
Official Find Madeleine Campaign
5 hrs ·
May 2018 – 11th Anniversary of Madeleine’s Abduction

It gets harder to know what to say or write as each anniversary of Madeleine’s abduction approaches then passes. Life is full and busy which helps but Madeleine is still missing and she is still dearly missed. Information continues to come in (incredible as it may seem after so long, although we are grateful for that) and work goes on. Perseverance and hope remain.

Thank you to everyone who continues to support us and wish us, especially Madeleine, well. After eleven years such warmth and persisting solidarity is truly remarkable, and at the same time a real tonic and boost to our spirit. We couldn’t bear for Madeleine to be forgotten or to become just a ‘story’. She is a real person and still our ‘little girl’ and as we always have, we will endeavour to do whatever it takes to find her. Thank you so much for staying with us on this mission.

Kate and Gerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-post-heartfelt-12470455
Tracey's report in the Mirror.

Thank you for posting that misty, it's pretty minimal to say the least.

Yet again we have the 'abduction' narrative as if it was a foregone conclusion, undoubtedly intended for the benefit and consumption of their dwindling supporters.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »
lI didn't speak of any confidence.  I said that their message of thanks no doubt extends to EVERYONE who supports them, amongst whom will number SOME police officers and SOME government officials who have kept the investigation going.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »

Yet again we have the 'abduction' narrative as if it was a foregone conclusion, undoubtedly intended for the benefit and consumption of their dwindling supporters.

In the situation in which they find themselves could they push anything else ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »

I share your disbelief.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »

Dwindling everything - 11 years later.   Sooner or later Madeleine (if abducted) could have kids of her own to look after!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »

It's ultimately for Madeleine's benefit, keeping her profile in the public domain. Her parents are better-placed than the GBP to know what's happening in the current investigation so perhaps all those who doubt Kate & Gerry's integrity should bear that fact in mind.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »
A service in support of Madeleine has taken place each year since her disappearance and last year Kate and Gerry gave an interview to mark their tenth year without her.

Since Madeleine's case was reopened in 2013 Kate and Gerry have taken a lower media profile.  I would be obliged if cites could be provided in support of the theme of the thread detailing the annual interview at this time each year.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
Please remember the thread topic is " No Interview This Anniversary ?"

It would be good if someone was able to pin point with a cite whether or not other years had an "anniversary interview".

If they did not ... why would this year be extraordinary in not having one?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2018, 09:11:18 AM »
Faith. While we are on the subject of cites, have you found one yet which confirms annual interviews each anniversary with the exception of the tenth?
I have requested one two or three times, you must have missed them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:24:22 PM by John »