Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30538 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
Whatever.
There is nothing to say in an interview this year anyway.
The time honoured principle of these things being "to pass good news upwards" to become a worthy pullee thereby gaining support.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »
The Loose Women' mentioned the case without input from the McCanns. Their main interest seemed to be the level of funding spent on one child but not on other missing children. They seemed to assume that no progress has been made. Perhaps the McCanns might have been tempted to reply to that, given their 'inside knowledge'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:21 AM »
Faith. While we are on the subject of cites, have you found one yet which confirms annual interviews each anniversary with the exception of the tenth?
I have requested one two or three times, you must have missed them.

The 11th anniversary not the 10th.

You have access to the same information as me so I’m sure you can verify that yourself.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:25:43 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »
Unless there is substantiation of the original premise in my opinion this thread is merely writ large as another opportunity for unwarranted McCann bashing.

"The McCanns have given an anniversary interview every year since the PJ reopened Madeleine’s case so why would judicial secrecy be an issue now. Surely as intelligent adults they would be able to take part in a television interview with saying anything that would jeopardise an ongoing enquiries? They have before so why not this year ?"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9435.msg458995#msg458995

If the premise that Kate and Gerry give an annual interview is mistaken and it seems to be as no cite has been given for it by anyone ~ including me, I asked the question because I couldn't find one ~ it perfectly illustrates how factoids are generated.

It is worth bearing in mind that Kate and Gerry McCann are not quoted in the press article which generated this 'debate' nor is any official spokesperson.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:47 AM »
Posters are reminded that this forum encourages a pleasant and harmonious posting environment so comments which fall well below this threshold will be edited out.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
The Loose Women' mentioned the case without input from the McCanns. Their main interest seemed to be the level of funding spent on one child but not on other missing children. They seemed to assume that no progress has been made. Perhaps the McCanns might have been tempted to reply to that, given their 'inside knowledge'.
What on earth makes you think the McCanns would want to reveal inside knowledge of Op Grange to defend criticism about the investigation on Loose Women?  Sensibly, they will not be goaded it seems.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »
The 11th anniversary not the 10th.

You have access to the same information as me so I’m sure you are intelligent enough to verify what I say yourself.

An interview was given on the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance in which Kate said ...

Snip
Describing the decade as “a horrible marker of time, stolen time”, Kate McCann said it was “time we should have had with Madeleine. We should have been a family of five all that time.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/30/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-parents-still-hope-10th-anniversary
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »
It was indeed but the OP concerns the 11th anniversary.

From yourself
‘While we are on the subject of cites, have you found one yet which confirms annual interviews each anniversary with the exception of the tenth?’

It is my opinion that your claim is that the eleventh anniversary - this year - is the only year that an interview has not been given.

I base that on your statement "The McCanns have given an anniversary interview every year since the PJ reopened Madeleine’s case".

Knowing that Kate and Gerry have maintained a low media profile, for the simple reason that in my opinion one is not required as long as the PJ and SY are on the job ... I searched for confirmation of your premise and found none.

You have not been able to locate a cite in support of your assertion either.

In the interest of accuracy ~ I think you should review your posts to make appropriate amendments where there is reliance on flawed information in support of your argument.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »
It is my opinion that your claim is that the eleventh anniversary - this year - is the only year that an interview has not been given.

I base that on your statement "The McCanns have given an anniversary interview every year since the PJ reopened Madeleine’s case".

Knowing that Kate and Gerry have maintained a low media profile, for the simple reason that in my opinion one is not required as long as the PJ and SY are on the job ... I searched for confirmation of your premise and found none.

You have not been able to locate a cite in support of your assertion either.

In the interest of accuracy ~ I think you should review your posts to make appropriate amendments where there is reliance on flawed information in support of your argument.

That was my claim however if you read your post you thought it was the tenth.

If any member thinks I have misrepresented anything then they are quite at liberty to point the misrepresentation out to me and I will amend accordingly.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:28:50 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30:22 PM »
Please post all comments relating to Tannerman/Crechman/Innocentman/Totman in the appropriate thread. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »
What on earth makes you think the McCanns would want to reveal inside knowledge of Op Grange to defend criticism about the investigation on Loose Women?  Sensibly, they will not be goaded it seems.

It seems the Met thought they might say something unhelpful, not me. According to 'a friend of the McCann's;;

Kate and Gerry were asked to appear on ITV show Loose Women but detectives told them it “would not be helpful” ....."They told them it could hinder rather than help and specifically advised them not to.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6156218/madeline-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-warned-not-talk-11th-anniversary-disappearance/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »
That was my claim however if you read your post you thought it was the tenth.

If any member thinks I have misrepresented anything then they are quite at liberty to point the misrepresentation out to me and I will amend accordingly.

Kate and Gerry have not given an annual interview to mark the anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance as you have claimed on this thread more than once.
The exception to that being last year when they gave an interview marking the tenth anniversary.

"Yet still every year the give an interview....until this year. Most odd." http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9435.msg459034#msg459034

I am a member of the forum who has now pointed out where you have twice posted mistakenly that this year is unique in there being no interview.
You have made a statement you will amend accordingly I await that with interest.

I will be taking no part in further argument on this subject; in future if a cite is requested and none provided I will take the appropriate action in dealing with it.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2018, 03:19:12 PM »
It seems the Met thought they might say something unhelpful, not me. According to 'a friend of the McCann's;;

Kate and Gerry were asked to appear on ITV show Loose Women but detectives told them it “would not be helpful” ....."They told them it could hinder rather than help and specifically advised them not to.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6156218/madeline-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-warned-not-talk-11th-anniversary-disappearance/

I would treat this with a pinch of salt to melt the fairy dust on this story. I have had it on very good authority that the police never issue gagging orders to members of the public, especially if they wish to seek help to 'find their missing loved one'

The very idea that the McCanns are privy to sensitive details about the investigation is laughable.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
I would treat this with a pinch of salt to melt the fairy dust on this story. I have had it on very good authority that the police never issue gagging orders to members of the public, especially if they wish to seek help to 'find their missing loved one'

The very idea that the McCanns are privy to sensitive details about the investigation is laughable.
The idea that the parents of a missing child are not being kept up to date with developments about the investigation into their own child is quite laughable IMO.  The McCanns were not issued with a "gagging order", they were advised not to appear on Loose Women by the police so as not to run any risk of jeopardising the investigation by revealing any details. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »
One has to think about what information the McCanns have that would jeopardise the investigation. none! WOULD BE THE ANSWER.

The SY will not reveal anything to the McCanns regarding the details of  any suspects or very sensitive information. There was no disclosure of any information to the McCanns which could jeopardise this case as this is against police investigations remit. And a lot of nonsense.

The reasons I am very sure are simple. They cannot name a suspect on live TV  for two reasons:
1. against that persons human rights- if this was to go to trial.
2. it would be libellous as they would need evidence and SY would never disclosed this to anyone except the PF office or a Judge for a warrant to search before an arrest.
3. The police have a duty to protect suspects, in case of retribution from family/friends

But we are lead to believe the SY/OG are their  bessy mates and tell them everything.. yeah, I know hahahahaha
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin