Author Topic: Max Clifford guilty as charged  (Read 6153 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Max Clifford guilty as charged
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »
I am glad the sleezy slimeball has finally had that smug grin wiped off his annoying face! May he fade into an anonymous old age after a good stretch in the big house! Creep!

Offline John

Re: Max Clifford guilty as charged
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
I am glad the sleezy slimeball has finally had that smug grin wiped off his annoying face! May he fade into an anonymous old age after a good stretch in the big house! Creep!

The man who never stopped talking has finally nothing to say as he emerged from Court after being convicted of eight counts of indecent assault against four women.  Clifford has opened so many doors for others but one door will close behind him on Friday when he is sentenced.

Bail has been granted meantime...lucky old him!

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
Max Clifford guilty of eight indecent assaults

Publicist Max Clifford has been found guilty of eight indecent assaults on women and girls as young as 15 by a jury at Southwark Crown Court.

The 71-year-old, from Surrey, was convicted of a string of assaults which happened over nearly 20 years.

He was cleared of two charges of indecent assault, while the jury failed to reach a verdict on another charge.

Clifford, who is the first person to be convicted under Operation Yewtree, was bailed and will be sentenced on Friday.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC warned him that the fact he was granted bail was no indication of the sentence that would be passed.

Speaking outside court, Clifford stood with his daughter Louise in front of photographers but ignored questions from reporters, saying: "I have been told by my lawyers to say nothing at all."

Clifford was arrested by detectives from Operation Yewtree in December 2012, and charged in April the following year.

BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said the verdicts were "hugely significant" as the first Operation Yewtree conviction.

During the trial, prosecutors portrayed him as a well-practised manipulator, who promised to boost his victims' careers and get them to meet celebrities in exchange for sexual favours.

The court heard from a string of women who testified about Clifford's behaviour in his New Bond Street office.

He offered to get them casting appointments, pretending to be Hollywood bigwigs including Steven Spielberg, Albert "Cubby" Broccoli and Michael Winner on the phone.

Victims included a dancer who received a phone call while she was at a nightclub from someone pretending to represent producer Broccoli, and was told to find out whether Clifford was circumcised.

She then "froze" and realised she was "stuck", and feared she would be raped when Clifford took her into the toilet and assaulted her.

Another girl, a teenage model, said Clifford groped her when she went to his office for career advice in 1983, bragging that he could get her a part in a James Bond film.

The jury found Clifford guilty of four counts of indecently assaulting one victim, who was abused from the age of 15 after she met him while on holiday with her family in Spain.

She said she was "blown away" when he told her she "could be the UK version" of Jodie Foster, and felt unable to say no when he asked her to take off her top and bra.

He later forced her to perform oral sex on him and indecently assaulted her.

Decades later, the victim wrote Clifford an anonymous letter, which was found in his bedside table when his home was searched by police.

In the letter she told Clifford he "took pleasure in degrading me", giving him an "A+ in grooming children".

Speaking to the BBC after his conviction, she said her faith in the justice system had been restored.

"I can't thank the police and the CPS enough for their endeavours to get justice for me and everyone else", she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27192600
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:17:50 PM »

I just saw David Mellor on Sky News saying 'I hope he rots in hell'.

Couldn't agree more David.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:51:27 PM »
I remember seeing a documentary by Louis Theroux on Clifford and thinking what an utter creepy w....... he is; I hope he gets years in the slammer!

Offline goatboy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »
I agree. I must admit I thought he was going to go free when I saw that none of the women could agree how big his c*ck was! But I suppose what did for him was that he admitted to putting on voices on the phone pretending to be other people (which a lot of his victims referred to as his M.O.), and also he kept the letter from that woman accusing him of abuse in his bedside drawer which the police found. Why on earth did he do that?

Offline Myster

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »
I agree. I must admit I thought he was going to go free when I saw that none of the women could agree how big his c*ck was! But I suppose what did for him was that he admitted to putting on voices on the phone pretending to be other people (which a lot of his victims referred to as his M.O.), and also he kept the letter from that woman accusing him of abuse in his bedside drawer which the police found. Why on earth did he do that?

@)(++(* ... Imagine not being able to tell a chode from a mandingo in the dark !!!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »

Very weird .... that letter is 40 years old! He obviously enjoyed abusing that girl aged 15 and kept the letter to remind him! Creep!

At least we won't have anymore Clifford defending and 'pr'ing obvious killers like Shrien Dewani and O J Simpson!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
Hopefully the verdict will give any other victims of historic sexual abuse the confidence to come forward.  Well done to 'Operation Yewtree'  8@??)(

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »
Bamber link,; Mark Williams-Thomas who Jackie got involved in Bamber's last (FAILED) appeal is the person who initially exposed Clifford.

It looks like Max's wife has dumped him.

There maybe further prosecutions as other women have come forward during the trial.

Clifford could lose his considerable fortune thru compensation claims and legal fees. His PR agency website is down expected to close and all his major clients like Simon Cowell have dropped him!

What old Max needs is a good PR company! ?>)()<

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
8 year sentence.

No possibility of parole for 4 years.

The dirty old perv should have got twice that IMO

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:31:42 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
8 year sentence.

No possibility of parole for 4 years.

The dirty old perv should have got twice that IMO

Wow! The judge made the sentences consecutive rather than concurrent!  8((()*/
A good tough sentence!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »

Civil suits to come, I hope they fleece him for every penny.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
It just sounds like an 'old boys school' to me, Max Clifford representing scandalous clients bit like Nero fiddling while Rome burns. They (all the other people who've been in court over child grooming/assault/sex acts) all seem to think they're above the law because they're famous and now older in years.
Just wonder how many more child abuse scandals will come out.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
It just sounds like an 'old boys school' to me, Max Clifford representing scandalous clients bit like Nero fiddling while Rome burns. They (all the other people who've been in court over child grooming/assault/sex acts) all seem to think they're above the law because they're famous and now older in years.
Just wonder how many more child abuse scandals will come out.

Still got the Rolf Harris trial & some more of The Hairy Cornflake to follow.