Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240586 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #900 on: December 30, 2019, 06:36:38 PM »
It is not undeniable at all.  You have no actual evidence which claims to make your statements true- no matter how you try.

Some arrogant people actually believe themselves to be better than others with nothing to evidence this, they rant on and on about what they think making it sound as if they know.  (&^&
There is actual evidence but is there any point me supplying it? You will no doubt refuse to accept it if I do.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #901 on: December 31, 2019, 12:50:01 AM »
A London based Remainer?  How is he going to win back the northern working class Brexit voters?

Indeed. Ian Lavery would be my choice. An ex miner who didn’t vote for a second referendum, knows the North and its voters very well but is sophisticated enough to appeal to Labour’s newly-acquired southern voters.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #902 on: December 31, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »
Indeed. Ian Lavery would be my choice. An ex miner who didn’t vote for a second referendum, knows the North and its voters very well but is sophisticated enough to appeal to Labour’s newly-acquired southern voters.
How has his sophistication manifested itself? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

« Reply #903 on: December 31, 2019, 08:23:50 AM »
How has his sophistication manifested itself?
Dropped "g"s, "t"s and a Geordie accent?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #904 on: December 31, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »
Dropped "g"s, "t"s and a Geordie accent?
I know he’s a union man and wrote the failed Labour election manifesto, but I’m not entirely sure what other areas of sophistication may appeal to the student population of Canterbury.   Whoever Labour elect it won’t make much difference anyway, they are done for IMO.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #905 on: December 31, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »
I know he’s a union man and wrote the failed Labour election manifesto, but I’m not entirely sure what other areas of sophistication may appeal to the student population of Canterbury.   Whoever Labour elect it won’t make much difference anyway, they are done for IMO.

Failed Labour manifesto? You don’t really believe that, do you ?

So you don’t think that media bias or Labour’s stand on Brexit had anything to do with it ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #906 on: December 31, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »
Failed Labour manifesto? You don’t really believe that, do you ?

So you don’t think that media bias or Labour’s stand on Brexit had anything to do with it ?
It’s not a question of belief, it’s a question of fact.  Was Brexit not mentioned in the Labour manifesto?  And don’t give me media bias, you don’t think the media laid into Boris with at least equal ferocity?  Just like the Labour leadership, you are completely in denial and blind to the faults at the very heart of the party and only want to blame external factors. It’s pathetic and it will ensure that Labour learns nothing from its mistakes and is doomed to repeat them over and over again.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #907 on: December 31, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »
It’s not a question of belief, it’s a question of fact.  Was Brexit not mentioned in the Labour manifesto?  And don’t give me media bias, you don’t think the media laid into Boris with at least equal ferocity?  Just like the Labour leadership, you are completely in denial and blind to the faults at the very heart of the party and only want to blame external factors. It’s pathetic and it will ensure that Labour learns nothing from its mistakes and is doomed to repeat them over and over again.

It really is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #908 on: December 31, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
It really is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.
As you so have so amply demonstrated.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #909 on: December 31, 2019, 09:44:56 PM »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #910 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »

I don't think they're "done for".  I remember after the 1992 election, when Neil Kinnock lost, people were going around saying Labour was "unelectable".  Then Tony Blair won in 1997. It's not good at the moment though, I have to agree---------but I think they'll be back.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #911 on: December 31, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »

I don't think they're "done for".  I remember after the 1992 election, when Neil Kinnock lost, people were going around saying Labour was "unelectable".  Then Tony Blair won in 1997. It's not good at the moment though, I have to agree---------but I think they'll be back.

It very much depends on Boris and whether he fulfills his promises to The North.  Labour is dead in the water though for the time being thanks to Corbyn and his racist cronies.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #912 on: December 31, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
It very much depends on Boris and whether he fulfills his promises to The North.  Labour is dead in the water though for the time being thanks to Corbyn and his racist cronies.

If racism had had a negative effect in the result then Johnson would never have got in.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #913 on: January 01, 2020, 11:11:25 AM »

Do you seriously believe that the Labour members who voted in that waste of space Corbyn and going to turn around and vote in a centrist moderate leader like Blair anytime soon?  No, they will vote in another not very bright Corbynista and they will lose the next election too, which means 10 years more of Tories.  I was right about Corbyn and I’m pretty sure I’ll be proven right about this, unless a miracle happens and Labour party membership received a sudden and massive influx of sane individuals plus a candidate with the broad appeal of a 1997 Tony Blair.  They’d better hurry up though!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #914 on: January 01, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »
Do you seriously believe that the Labour members who voted in that waste of space Corbyn and going to turn around and vote in a centrist moderate leader like Blair anytime soon?  No, they will vote in another not very bright Corbynista and they will lose the next election too, which means 10 years more of Tories.  I was right about Corbyn and I’m pretty sure I’ll be proven right about this, unless a miracle happens and Labour party membership received a sudden and massive influx of sane individuals plus a candidate with the broad appeal of a 1997 Tony Blair.  They’d better hurry up though!

You are right of course.  Corbyn actually believes he did well getting his message out there.  They just have to try a bit harder next time.