Author Topic: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.  (Read 89808 times)

Offline John

Re: Joana Cipriano case - Very detailed Supreme Court Report.
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
Maybe one of our Portuguese speakers can translate this paragraph.

A suspeita de eventuais abusos sexuais foi, de resto, uma questão alvitrada por muitos populares na aldeia da Figueira, quando Joana desapareceu. E em Novembro de 2004, fontes ligadas à investigação começaram a passar a mensagem de que até haveria "pessoas importantes" envolvidas naquele caso. Contudo, a responsável de um minimercado naquela povoação disse na altura ao nosso jornal que, sensivelmente em Abril, aproveitou uma consulta da miúda no Hospital do Barlavento, em Portimão, para pedir aos médicos um exame à Joana, a fim de saber se tinha, de facto, sido vítima de violação. O teste foi negativo. Também os dois filhos do padrasto de Joana - Ruben e Lara, de três e dois anos, respectivamente - foram vistos pelos médicos, mas nada foi detectado nesse sentido.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
Maybe one of our Portuguese speakers can translate this paragraph.

A suspeita de eventuais abusos sexuais foi, de resto, uma questão alvitrada por muitos populares na aldeia da Figueira, quando Joana desapareceu. E em Novembro de 2004, fontes ligadas à investigação começaram a passar a mensagem de que até haveria "pessoas importantes" envolvidas naquele caso. Contudo, a responsável de um minimercado naquela povoação disse na altura ao nosso jornal que, sensivelmente em Abril, aproveitou uma consulta da miúda no Hospital do Barlavento, em Portimão, para pedir aos médicos um exame à Joana, a fim de saber se tinha, de facto, sido vítima de violação. O teste foi negativo. Também os dois filhos do padrasto de Joana - Ruben e Lara, de três e dois anos, respectivamente - foram vistos pelos médicos, mas nada foi detectado nesse sentido.

From what I can gather of that, the article is saying that:
- The issue of potential sexual abuse had been raised by many in the village when she disappeared.
- In Nov 2004 sources connected to the investigation started to convey the message that there may be "important people" involved.
- The head of the minimarket had told the newspaper that she had taken advantage of taking her to the hospital to ask for tests to check if she had, indeed, been raped. The test was negative.
- Doctors checked the two youngest, but nothing was detected.

I'm not sure whether that's all true. Supermarket lady did take her to hospital, according the files, for a bad cough, but that's all that I've been able to verify. One of the other witnesses (the schoolteacher?) said that she sometimes appeared inappropriately clothed for the weather. Someone in the village had contacted social services to ask them to check on the family, but when they turned up unexpectedly, the only reprimand was that the kids shouldn't eat too many crackers (which they were munching while Leonor was making lunch for them), according to Leandro's account in his press interview. She sometimes helped her mum around the house and helped care for the two younger ones, but also went to play with friends.

So far, I can't find anything that would lend credence to the idea that she'd been mistreated at all. There's nothing in the witness statements to that effect, aside from what I've just mentioned, but which doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary.

If there had been any substance to it, I would have thought that the prosecution would have made a feast of it. After all, it would have been a more credible allegation than wild incestuous sex on the livingroom sofa with an unlocked door when Leandro and the other guy could have popped in at any moment.

Offline sadie

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »
Isn't it bloody marvellous? Just seven months before her disappearance Joana was subjected to an internal examination in hospital to determine if she had been raped. The test was negative.  Also the two children of the stepfather of Joana - Ruben and Lara, three and two years, respectively - were seen by doctors, but nothing was detected accordingly.  Those poor little tots!

www.translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D1006708%26especial%3DCaso%2520Joana%26seccao%3DSOCIEDADE&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx%253Fcontent_id%253D1006708%2526especial%253DCaso%252520Joana%2526seccao%253DSOCIEDADE
Yep, the poor tots, but they may well have accepted the examinations, if done sensitively. 

I am also thinking, the poor parents having that suspicion against them.  In fact I am thinking the whole family was abused by these publicly announced and gone over examinations.  It almost seems  like another case of propaganda against them.

Propaganda is a powerful weapon.  It destroys good people ... once it is put about it grows and undermines.  It gathers strength  and never completely goes away.

.... and certain peeps/ groups in PT seem to use the propaganda weapon quite frequently

Offline Anna

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »
Yep, the poor tots, but they may well have accepted the examinations, if done sensitively. 

I am also thinking, the poor parents having that suspicion against them.  In fact I am thinking the whole family was abused by these publicly announced and gone over examinations.  It almost seems  like another case of propaganda against them.

Propaganda is a powerful weapon.  It destroys good people ... once it is put about it grows and undermines.  It gathers strength  and never completely goes away.

.... and certain peeps/ groups in PT seem to use the propaganda weapon quite frequently

Propaganda is an evil weapon against defenceless people
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2014, 07:59:18 AM »
Isn't it bloody marvellous? Just seven months before her disappearance Joana was subjected to an internal examination in hospital to determine if she had been raped. The test was negative.  Also the two children of the stepfather of Joana - Ruben and Lara, three and two years, respectively - were seen by doctors, but nothing was detected accordingly.  Those poor little tots!

www.translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D1006708%26especial%3DCaso%2520Joana%26seccao%3DSOCIEDADE&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx%253Fcontent_id%253D1006708%2526especial%253DCaso%252520Joana%2526seccao%253DSOCIEDADE

And nothing found.  Isn't that bloody marvellous?

Offline John

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
And nothing found.  Isn't that bloody marvellous?

Nothing conclusive then but semen belonging to Leandro found on Joana's underwear after her disappearance certainly raised a few eyebrows. 
Now how could that have happened ???   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:59:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Nothing conclusive then but semen belonging to Leandro found on Joana's underwear after her disappearance certainly raised a few eyebrows. 
Now how could that have happened ???   >@@(*&)

The filthy Bas**rds.

I can't find a single logical reason to believe these s..mbags are innocent, and obviously the jury couldn't find much room for doubt either.

It is sickening that the 'Support Group'  overlook this particuarly disturbing bit of evidence and choose to support these vile animals.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »

Leandro explained the semen to my satisfaction, and since he was never charged with anything then his explanation must have been accepted.
And No, I am not going to repeat what he said.  But I will repeat that he was never charged with anything.
Or are you suggesting that he sexually abused Joana?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
Leandro explained the semen to my satisfaction, and since he was never charged with anything then his explanation must have been accepted.
And No, I am not going to repeat what he said.  But I will repeat that he was never charged with anything.
Or are you suggesting that he sexually abused Joana?

WTF

'Oopsie daisy, I accidently spilled my seed on an 8 year olds knickers'

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
WTF

The PJ accepted his explanation.  No charges were ever brought against him.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »

The PJ accepted his explanation.  No charges were ever brought against him.

He got lucky there then.

Of course there is absolutely nothing suspicious about it,  happens all the time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
He got lucky there then.

Of course there is absolutely nothing suspicious about it,  happens all the time.

There is something very suspicious about their ability to DNA test Leandro's semen when they didn't DNA test the blood.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
WTF

Oh, what would we do without you, Wonderfulspam?!

(Sorry, don't know much about the Cipriano case so just have a peek from time to time, but just had to comment).

Redblossom

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
There is something very suspicious about their ability to DNA test Leandro's semen when they didn't DNA test the blood.

I suggest you get your facts in order before continuing posting unsubstantiated rubbish

A never happened, B did

Offline sadie

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »
I suggest you get your facts in order before continuing posting unsubstantiated rubbish

A never happened, B did
Where did you get that from, Red?

Btw, Calm down Red