Author Topic: The Sun  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Sun
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:41 AM »
Well it's clear you and The Sun don't care. I don't think you can claim to speak for anyone else.
I think I can actually.  Has there been a huge public outcry about these graphics?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
If a simple thing like that can't be given precision why is anything else regarded as such.
Who actually regards the Sun as a precision instrument about anything, in your view?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »
I think I can actually.  Has there been a huge public outcry about these graphics?

Of course not. Most people aren't interested in the case. Of those who are interested not many have knowledge of the actual details. That's why there was no outcry when Redwood's 'Crecheman' headed in the wrong direction. It was those few who knew the layout of the Ocean Club who noticed that anomaly.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 10:23:15 AM »
Of course not. Most people aren't interested in the case. Of those who are interested not many have knowledge of the actual details. That's why there was no outcry when Redwood's 'Crecheman' headed in the wrong direction. It was those few who knew the layout of the Ocean Club who noticed that anomaly.
So when I say no one really cares apart from a few ....... on the internet that is an accurate statement.  Why challenge it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
So when I say no one really cares apart from a few ....... on the internet that is an accurate statement.  Why challenge it?
We are a discussion forum and as per the few rules we have ... the members enjoy a good argument sometimes verging on the black is actually white theme.  My opinion only.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 10:46:32 AM »

I didn't. I challenged your statement about the location of the Tapas Bar which was opinion posted as fact. As you could only actually know what you said and The Sun demonstrated an imo was needed.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
Kids.who'd have thunk it,well up to 35 the majority it seems.

Whats the saying,lies,damned lies and then there are statistics.
When I got accepted for Uni, the first book I was instructed to buy and read, before I joined the course, was Darrell Huff, "How to lie with statistics".

8((()*/
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
If a simple thing like that can't be given precision why is anything else regarded as such.

To date, I have taken 4 media people on Luz Tours. It quickly becomes apparent that they do what they are good at.  They shift copies, tell stories, take sellable photos etc.

What they don't do is detailed research.  I have sat in Kelly's with a team from AFP and they were pig-ignorant about the importance of the location.  They just wanted a coffee, while discussing what they were going to crack on with next.  What they had was basically b****r all knowledge of Luz or the key events of the night Madeleine disappeared.

Don't get me wrong.  3 of the 4 were affable people, of the kind I would happily chat to about anything, in a cafe, bar, or restaurant.  The 4th was cold and frosty.

But the point is, as media reporters, they switch from case to case more often than I can change my socks.

Don't expect nuggets of gold from them.  You are going to have to work hard just to get a few specks of gold dust.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »
When I got accepted for Uni, the first book I was instructed to buy and read, before I joined the course, was Darrell Huff, "How to lie with statistics".

8((()*/

I studied a statistics module for a year. There are many ways to make the results say what people want them to say. The only way to tell if they are as objective as possible is to look at them very carefully. The fund providers, the questions, the sample sizes, how particcipants are chosen, how the data is ananlysed can all be significant. Even the choice of subject can be a sign of bias.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 12:57:47 PM »
I studied a statistics module for a year. There are many ways to make the results say what people want them to say. The only way to tell if they are as objective as possible is to look at them very carefully. The fund providers, the questions, the sample sizes, how participants are chosen, how the data is analysed can all be significant. Even the choice of subject can be a sign of bias.
Crikey.  78% of men using a caffeine shampoo said their scalp felt less itchy after a week.  Can I not trust them?

Surely caffeine must be the new wonder ingredient?

&^&*%
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 05:57:42 PM »
I didn't. I challenged your statement about the location of the Tapas Bar which was opinion posted as fact. As you could only actually know what you said and The Sun demonstrated an imo was needed.
What on earth are you on about?