Author Topic: Do the McCanns have the same support eight years on?  (Read 25387 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Do the McCanns have the same support eight years on?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
What is a few years? more than couple? less than a dozen?
The website has been open with "donate buttons" operable all that time.
So when did they stop appealing?
According to the accounts the donations from the public look like this:
2007/8 £1.3MM; 2009 £254k; 2010 233k; 2011 £137k; 2012 £306K; 2013 £70k; 2014 £41k.
The figures demonstrate a decline in public contributions. One can argue the why's and wherefores til the cows come home.
If we were discussing the Fund then your figures would be relevant, however I don't see the connection between the decline in funds and the level of support the McCanns have, unless by support you mean solely financial.  The McCanns have not actively sought donations for years, donate button on the website notwithstanding - it is hardly pushed down their 615k supporters' throats is it?  I have no doubt that if the McCanns needed to appeal for further financial help to find their daughter that the donations would come rolling in again. 

Actually, looking at your figures again I'm astounded by how much they got from public donations to the Fund in 2014 without any publicity...£41k is not far short of Gonc's Fund total, and this after 7 years?  Very impressive, I'd say!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »
If we were discussing the Fund then your figures would be relevant, however I don't see the connection between the decline in funds and the level of support the McCanns have, unless by support you mean solely financial.  The McCanns have not actively sought donations for years, donate button on the website notwithstanding - it is hardly pushed down their 615k supporters' throats is it?  I have no doubt that if the McCanns needed to appeal for further financial help to find their daughter that the donations would come rolling in again. 

Actually, looking at your figures again I'm astounded by how much they got from public donations to the Fund in 2014 without any publicity...£41k is not far short of Gonc's Fund total, and this after 7 years?  Very impressive, I'd say!

I only posted the figures for interest.
Discuss it at will but include me out, as Sam Goldwyn would have it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Lace

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
On the contrary, like Brietta it was a few years before I accidentally clicked on a thread on a General Discussion board - and was shocked to the core to read the accusations and allegations being made against the McCanns - not to mention the pure venom.

Because of that  - I read up on the case  (including the files) - and fora from both sides and it became clear that much of what was being held up as evidence against the McCanns was simply  false.   Many of those falsehoods are still being peddled today as evidence but - unlike on this forum  - are allowed to go unchallenged elsewhere.

It also became clear that the opinions of some sceptics were based purely on their hatred of the McCanns (for various reasons)  and who had decided that everything the McCanns did was wrong and everything they said was wrong - whether it was or not.  That is still the case today.

I  do not know the McCanns - have never met them or spoken to them.  I'm not even sure that I would like them if I did meet them.    However, I do detest injustice, cruelty, Kangaroo courts, lynchmob mentality and those people who take great delight in other peoples misfortune  (Schardenfreud sp?) and who have latched on to this case with glee.

I do not have a problem with folk who disgree with the McCanns childcare arrangements.  As that is a matter of personal choice.     I do have a problem with folk - who in the light of there being no evidence against the McCanns have decided to embark on a permanent character assassination of them - apparently in the belief that if they can prove what 'evil, wicked' people they are - then they must have dunnit.

Sorry but that approach doesn't work for me.

AIMO.

Same for me Benice,   Madeleine was in the news and I decided to read up on the case,  stumbled onto a forum and I too was shocked by what I was reading,  the attacks on the McCann's.

It was something I hadn't read before,  so I decided to actually read the Police files and Amaral's book plus look at forums that related to both sides of the story.

What I found more or less straight away was that some were stating things that were not true,  such as blood of Madeleine's being found in 5a,  they bleached the floor,  there was blood spatter on the wall,   they washed the curtains and that there was a match of the DNA in the car.

I knew all of this wasn't true as it states all the findings in the Police Files,  but they were acting as though they were true and as far as they were concerned the McCann's were guilty.

It is only through studying all the statements that at the end I decided there was no way the McCann's could have hidden Madeleine's body there was no opening for them to have done this.    There was no way in my opinion all the friends would agree with the cover up either.

With stories of  'Gerry dumped a freezer',  circulating,  I also came to the conclusion that there were certain people who deliberately put out these ridiculous stories to fan the flames,  to get people talking and accusing, blaming the McCann's.   It is so utterly mind bending what some say.     There are some at this very moment saying that Madeleine disappeared before the 3rd of May,   that no one saw her from the Sunday onwards,  that the Nanny could be mistaken, it could be another child and not Madeleine.    The fact that the Nanny was chatting to the McCann's about Madeleine when they collected her,  seems to go over their head,  who on earth were the McCann's collecting if not Madeleine?    where was this other child's parents that the McCann's were taking home with them??    I could go on but it would take so long.

I would just like to say finally,   that the McCann case is not about Madeleine with a lot of people,  It' s about the McCann's themselves,   it has become a hobby a way of life,  something that has taken over,  with some,  they are determined to keep this going as long as Madeleine remains missing,  their excuse?   because they want JUSTICE for Madeleine,   no it's not justice for Madeleine they want far from it.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »

Jolly good. So what now ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »
Jolly good. So what now ?
I don't know what you're asking, sorry.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »
I don't know what you're asking, sorry.

Well the McCanns are popular but still deficient of one daughter. So still not ideal eh !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
Well the McCanns are popular but still deficient of one daughter. So still not ideal eh !
Well, yes - nothing like stating the obvious, but thanks for sharing anyway. ?{)(**

ferryman

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
People are innocent against whom there is no evidence of guilt.

There is no evidence of guilt against the McCanns.

The McCanns stay in the public eye because they want their daughter back, and they want the perpetrator(s) of crime(s) against their daughter nailed; also other children protected from falling prey to the same perpetrators. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:04:50 PM by John »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »

The McCanns stay in the public eye because they want their daughter back, and they want the perpetrator(s) of crime(s) against their daughter nailed; also other children protected from falling prey to the same perpetrators.

I'm sorry Ferry I disagree,  if you commit a crime, you are guilty of that crime whether any one can find evidence against you or not!

Only the McCanns know why they stay in the public eye, and there will be some who will disagree with you.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:01 PM »

You have absolutely no idea who removed Madeleine from the apartment.
No connection has been made to any paedophile, yet you insist on doing so.

You are fast running out of others to blame.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:21:14 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
You have absolutely no idea who removed Madeleine from the apartment.
No connection has been made to any paedophile, yet tou insist on doing so.

You are fast running out of others to blame.

SY say the parents are not suspects

stephen25000

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 07:21:54 PM »
SY say the parents are not suspects

Crime undetermined. 8**8:/:

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »
Crime undetermined. 8**8:/:

and parents not suspects

stephen25000

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 07:30:23 PM »
and parents not suspects

Yet the crime is not known, so how can you clear potential suspects ?

A reasoned reply would help.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »
Yet the crime is not known, so how can you clear potential suspects ?

A reasoned reply would help.

because although the nature of the crime is unknown certain scenarios have been ruled out