Author Topic: Do the McCanns have the same support eight years on?  (Read 25454 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Do the McCanns have the same support eight years on?
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22:33 AM »
I am sure you have a cite for that?

£55,000 donated to Missing People and a local charity - the Joe Humphries Memorial Trust from a libel payout.    Between £30/40,000 raised by Kate for taking part in the Marathon and the bike ride.    Also a donation of half the money raised at a charity ball (around £40,000) - years ago - where IIRC half was donated to PACT - (mentioned in her book.)

From memory so am happy to be corrected if necessary.  The precise figures are out there for anyone to check.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Online Eleanor

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2015, 10:16:30 AM »

TOPIC.  PLEASE.

Offline Lace

« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
The book was carefully authored in order to attract as much sympathy as possible while swelling the coffers of the fund.  Promoting the book and thus Madeleine took a back seat evidenced by the threats made against anyone who posted a copy of the book online.

As for searching, despite their talking the talk, the McCanns have never taken part in any organised search since the time of the disappearance. They want everyone else to search for Madeleine while they concentrate in attempting to destroy anyone who dares criticise them.

After the Amaral trial decision Kate McCann went public to claim that it wasn't about the money.  We shall see how much of it is given away to a worthy cause if the appeal decision is favourable to them.

Kate said she wrote the book to put their side of the story out there.   Also to raise money for the fund,  obviously if someone posted  a copy of the book on the internet others could read it without buying it,  and so the fund would suffer wouldn't it?

As for the searching part of your post.    The McCann's searched everywhere they thought Madeleine could have wandered,  the same as other parents of missing children.   They then waited for the police to arrive.   It is normal for the police to then take over the search,   it is not normal for the parents to be among an organised search as they could come upon the body of their child.

The McCann's ask the public to look out for Madeleine when they go on holiday,   that is the only way they can now 'search'   sightings,  that is all they can go on now,  which is the same as Ben Needham's family.

stephen25000

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »
Kate said she wrote the book to put their side of the story out there.   Also to raise money for the fund,  obviously if someone posted  a copy of the book on the internet others could read it without buying it,  and so the fund would suffer wouldn't it?

As for the searching part of your post.    The McCann's searched everywhere they thought Madeleine could have wandered,  the same as other parents of missing children.   They then waited for the police to arrive.   It is normal for the police to then take over the search,   it is not normal for the parents to be among an organised search as they could come upon the body of their child.

The McCann's ask the public to look out for Madeleine when they go on holiday,   that is the only way they can now 'search'   sightings,  that is all they can go on now,  which is the same as Ben Needham's family.

How do you know they searched everywhere they thought Madeleine could have wandered ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »
How do you know they searched everywhere they thought Madeleine could have wandered ?

Maybe I should have phrased it differently 'they searched the places where Madeleine had been that week'.   Witnesses saw Gerry searching,   Kate went out too,   the friends searched.

stephen25000

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Maybe I should have phrased it differently 'they searched the places where Madeleine had been that week'.   Witnesses saw Gerry searching,   Kate went out too,   the friends searched.
Very briefly the following morning, and that was that.

Offline Lace

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »
Very briefly the following morning, and that was that.

No,   Kate went out on the night of the 3rd,   Gerry was seen searching on the night of the 3rd.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »
The book was carefully authored in order to attract as much sympathy as possible while swelling the coffers of the fund.  Promoting the book and thus Madeleine took a back seat evidenced by the threats made against anyone who posted a copy of the book online.

As for searching, despite their talking the talk, the McCanns have never taken part in any organised search since the time of the disappearance. They want everyone else to search for Madeleine while they concentrate in attempting to destroy anyone who dares criticise them.

After the Amaral trial decision Kate McCann went public to claim that it wasn't about the money.  We shall see how much of it is given away to a worthy cause if the appeal decision is favourable to them.

She goes to her rocks a lot instead of searching.

"One from a former Met Police officer' very insensitive/ cruel and far from constructive! Another said 'R.I.P. Maddie' 'how appalling!

Well, not surprisingly I was very upset and

I went out to the rocks on the beach. I cried a lot and spoke to Madeleine and to God." 26 June 2007

“We then walked down to the rocks on the beach with its crashing waves and sense of vastness and freedom – another place where I have always felt able to reach out to Madeleine and find a little solace.”  Dec 13, 2009

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »

"One from a former Met Police officer' very insensitive/ cruel and far from constructive! Another said 'R.I.P. Maddie' 'how appalling!

I went out to the rocks on the beach. I cried a lot and spoke to Madeleine and to God." 26 June 2007

“We then walked down to the rocks on the beach with its crashing waves and sense of vastness and freedom – another place where I have always felt able to reach out to Madeleine and find a little solace.”  Dec 13, 2009

And?    so Kate goes out to sit on a rock for peace and quiet so what?

Instead of searching you say,  searching where exactly?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
I would be searching those rocks instead of sitting on them for photos.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »

Is that Kate's check slacks alerted to by Eddie after being taken from 27 Rus das Flores?

The image link suggests the date was 1 Sep 2007.
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
No,   Kate went out on the night of the 3rd,   Gerry was seen searching on the night of the 3rd.

Cite.

stephen25000

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2015, 11:50:37 AM »

They were quite happy to pose on the beach.

A display of 'responsible searching skills'. 8(0(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
They were quite happy to pose on the beach.

A display of 'responsible searching skills'. 8(0(*

No zoom lenses in your neck of the woods, then?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »
No zoom lenses in your neck of the woods, then?

As if the mccanns didn't have PR working on their behalf and using 'photo opportunities'.