Author Topic: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?  (Read 32511 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2019, 07:16:48 PM »
Here’s a question for you - do you accept that prolonged exposure to harsh sun rays can cause skin cancer?

I don't understand that either.  I spent most of my life getting as brown as I could, including three years in The Tropics.  Vitamin D not withstanding.  I liked being tanned.  I don't know what skin cancer looks like and I am certainly not searching my body to see if I've got it.  And it's all a bit late now.

Most of it is all in the mind.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »
I don't understand that either.  I spent most of my life getting as brown as I could, including three years in The Tropics.  Vitamin D not withstanding.  I liked being tanned.  I don't know what skin cancer looks like and I am certainly not searching my body to see if I've got it.  And it's all a bit late now.

Most of it is all in the mind.
Haha, OK. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
Haha, OK.

Yep.  Wouldn't it be a laugh if I am wrong.  What should I die of, do you think?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2019, 08:17:12 PM »
Yep.  Wouldn't it be a laugh if I am wrong.  What should I die of, do you think?
Very, very old age I hope x
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »
Very, very old age I hope x

#MeToo.  x

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
Having seen how sceptics refuse to change their minds ...only accepting their own version of the evidence... I can see how difficult it might be to deradicalise someone...
You yourself having been shown clear, evidence that smoking causes, cancer simply refuse to accept it

Smoking is associated with lung cancer, it doesn't cause it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2019, 11:20:25 PM »
”Smoking doesn’t cause cancer” says leading McCann sceptic, read all about it!”

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2019, 11:46:41 PM »

You should die of a healthy lifestyle- with evidence -at the ripe ole age of 145... then have your body frozen to come

Did red Indians, black africans   native australians, all die off with skin cancer?

No. it is a gene pool thing. We all have cancer in our body,something can trigger a growth in some people and not in others.

my great gran lived until she was 98...  she smoked untipped cigarettes and had a glass of wine every single day! and tiinies of guiness at the weekend.   She needed the iron!! 
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2019, 12:10:54 AM »
You should die of a healthy lifestyle- with evidence -at the ripe ole age of 145... then have your body frozen to come

Did red Indians, black africans   native australians, all die off with skin cancer?

No. it is a gene pool thing. We all have cancer in our body,something can trigger a growth in some people and not in others.

my great gran lived until she was 98...  she smoked untipped cigarettes and had a glass of wine every single day! and tiinies of guiness at the weekend.   She needed the iron!!

“Dark pigmented people living in high sunlight environments are at an advantage due to the high amounts of melanin produced in their skin. The dark pigmentation protects from DNA damage and absorbs the right amounts of UV radiation needed by the body, as well as protects against folate depletion”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2019, 12:25:34 PM »

I think you now realise hoe wrong you are

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »
Well away from the front page news. Tens of Thousands of Tax payers money are being spent- deradicalising the ISIS brides to allow them to return. lessons learned and all that. ^*&&-  wool over eyes- being duped  IS what money being spent on!

Group Hug anyone...People need to know what these 'brides' and their sons took part in...Not pleasant!

« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »
Well away from the front page news. Tens of Thousands of Tax payers money are being spent- deradicalising the ISIS brides to allow them to return. lessons learned and all that. ^*&&-  wool over eyes- being duped  IS what money being spent on!

Group Hug anyone...People need to know what these 'brides' and their sons took part in...Not pleasant!

AND it is ALL your fault!
'London: The lawyer representing the runaway Islamic State (ISIS) bride Shamima Begum on Friday accused the UK government of failing to protect her from grooming and radicalisation by Islamist extremists and demanded the teenager be allowed to return to her home in London'

She is to get legal aid... will cost millions but  like the advert says  she's worth it... ^*&&

https://www.news18.com/news/world/isis-brides-lawyer-accuses-uk-of-failing-to-protect-her-2167519.html

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2019, 10:50:17 PM »
Anyone crying over the decision to strip Jihadi Jack of his British citizenship?

https://news.sky.com/story/jihadi-jack-stripped-of-uk-citizenship-sky-sources-11788024

« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:32 PM »
Anyone crying over the decision to strip Jihadi Jack of his British citizenship?

https://news.sky.com/story/jihadi-jack-stripped-of-uk-citizenship-sky-sources-11788024

Great idea   AND also there is to be no addmittance of children born in 'isis land'- due to them being exposed  to extreme parenting beliefs and educational environment.

If anyone has been watching the compelling TV series 'The Handmaids Tale'(ch4) although based on fictional christian fundamentalist take over. The similarities to isis  ideology ,being the muslim equivelant, is bloody scary!

Someone known to me who was over in the camp has informed me that most of the 'brides with children' are the trojan horses seeking to cause war and mayhem in the west.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2020, 06:17:19 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/shamima-begum-loses-appeal-against-removal-of-citizenship

Shamima Begum loses first stage of appeal against citizenship removal
Former schoolgirl who went to Syria to join Islamic State had citizenship revoked a year ago
Owen Bowcott Legal affairs correspondent
 @owenbowcott
Fri 7 Feb 2020 13.12 GMT First published on Fri 7 Feb 2020 09.42 GMT

Shares
 Shamima Begum took her case to the Special Immigration Appeals Commission.
 Shamima Begum took her case to the Special Immigration Appeals Commission. Photograph: PA
Shamima Begum, the woman who left Britain as a schoolgirl to join Islamic State in Syria, has lost the initial stage of her appeal against the Home Office’s decision to revoke her UK citizenship.

A unanimous judgment by the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac) found against Begum, now 20, on three preliminary grounds, including that she had not been improperly deprived of her citizenship. The judgment prevents her from returning to London.

The ruling accepted that conditions in al-Roj camp, where she is being held in Syria, amount to, at least, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, but deemed that her human rights were not protected under UK law. Her lawyers announced they would appeal immediately.

Advertisement

Mrs Justice Elisabeth Laing, Mr Doron Blum and Mr Roger Golland concluded that the decision to strip Begum of her citizenship did not make her stateless because she was entitled to, or in effect held, Bangladeshi citizenship. She could, nonetheless, continue with her substantive appeal.

The Siac judgment said: “We accept that, in her current circumstances, [Begum] cannot play any meaningful part in her appeal and to that extent, the appeal will not be fair and effective.”

However, it went on, parliament intended that the home secretary “should be free to make a deprivation order immediately after giving notice of intention to deprive the person concerned her citizenship, whether or not the person concerned wishes to … appeal against the notice”.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
 Read more
The ruling said that when she was stripped of her UK citizenship, Begum “was a citizen of Bangladesh by descent, by virtue of [Bangladeshi nationality legislation]. She held that citizenship as of right. That citizenship was not in the gift of the [Bangladesh] government and could not be denied by the [Bangladesh] government in any circumstances.”

Mrs Justice Laing said Begum had no protection under the European convention on human rights – including the right to life or prevention of torture – because she was in Syria and therefore beyond its reach. The home secretary, she explained, was “only obliged to consider risks which are foreseeable and which are a direct consequence of the decision to deprive a person of his nationality”.

The judgment accepts that conditions in al-Roj camp in Syria “would breach [Begum’s] rights under article 3 [of the convention, which bans torture, inhuman or degrading treatment] if article 3 applied to her case”.

Begum’s lawyers alleged she had been left stateless and unable to mount a “fair and effective” legal challenge and was at risk of “death, inhuman or degrading treatment”. If forced to go to Bangladesh, her parents’ country of origin, she could be hanged, they told the tribunal at a partially secret hearing last October.

Begum was born in the UK and grew up in east London. The court heard there was no evidence she had ever visited Bangladesh or applied for citizenship there.

In February 2015, aged 15, Begum left her home with two other teenagers, Kadiza Sultana, then 16, and Amira Abase, then 15, and travelled to Syria to join Isis. She was found, nine months pregnant, in a Syrian refugee camp in February 2019. The then home secretary, Sajid Javid, stripped her of her British citizenship later that month.

Begum claims she married the Dutch Isis fighter Yago Riedijk 10 days after arriving in Isis territory, with her schoolfriends also reportedly marrying foreign fighters in the terrorist group.

The couple had three children, two of whom died of disease or malnutrition during the terrorist group’s last stand at Baghuz. The third died in al-Hawl camp.

The Home Office welcomed the Siac judgment, saying: “It would be inappropriate to comment further whilst legal proceedings are ongoing.”

Begum’s solicitor, Daniel Furner of Birnberg Peirce, said she would “immediately initiate an appeal [against] Siac’s decision … as a matter of exceptional urgency”.

Furner added: “The stark reality of her situation was brought before the court last year as a matter of exceptional urgency – how could she in any meaningful and fair way challenge the decision to deprive her of her nationality, a young woman in grave danger who had by then lost her three children?

“The judgment will be hard to explain to her. The logic of the decision will appear baffling, accepting as it does the key underlying factual assessments of extreme danger and extreme unfairness and yet declining to provide any legal remedy.

“Now, in February 2020, the dangers Ms Begum faces have increased; her chance of survival even more precariously balanced than before.”

Maya Foa, the director of the human rights group Reprieve, said: “The court today found that the detention conditions of British nationals in north-east Syria constitute torture or cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment. It is rank hypocrisy for the government to abandon British families to torture, which it professes to categorically oppose. The only just solution is for the government to repatriate British families, and to try people in British courts if they have charges to answer”.

Clare Collier, Liberty’s advocacy director, said: “The fact the government has left a young woman effectively stateless shows how little regard it holds for fundamental rights.

“Shamima Begum should not be banished – banishing people belongs in the dark ages, not 21st-century Britain. This case is just one example of how quickly ministers use citizenship-stripping when they could use other powers.

“It’s clear why they use these archaic banishments and that is to score political points and look tough on terrorism. It has nothing to do with making the public safe.

“In fact, this leaves us less safe as services are unable to conduct proper investigations that could help prevent young people, like Shamima, from entering terrorist circles in the future.”