Author Topic: Victim Jodi Jones  (Read 31933 times)

Offline John

Victim Jodi Jones
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »
Jodi Jones was a 14 year-old schoolgirl who was murdered near her home at Easthouses,
Scotland on 30 June 2003.  Jones had gone out to meet her boyfriend, Luke Mitchell, then
also 14.   Her naked body was found six hours later hidden behind a high wall in a wooded
area bordering Roan's Dyke footpath, a well-known local short cut running between the
villages of Easthouses and Newbattle near Edinburgh.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Victim Jodi Jones
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:27:20 AM »
Just a reminder that it has been 9 years since Jodi was murdered on 30 June 2003.

RIP Jodi Jones.

Jodi's grave sits alongside that of her father Jimmy who died in 1998.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:46:27 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 03:32:06 AM »

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
Reading some posts on Blue sparked my interest in this case.  My case knowledge is near zero so have no views whatsoever on innocence or guilt of Luke Mitchell but one thing struck me from my limited reading: the murder of Jodi Jones happened 9 days before the 5th anniverary of her father's (Jimmy Jones) suicide.  Is this just a tragic coincidence, event and timing, or are the two events connected?

1. Was Jimmy Jones death definitely suicide?  What were the circumstances?

2. If it was suicide did he have a history of suicide ideation/depression?

3. If yes to 2 above what was the cause(s)?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
Reading some posts on Blue sparked my interest in this case.  My case knowledge is near zero so have no views whatsoever on innocence or guilt of Luke Mitchell but one thing struck me from my limited reading: the murder of Jodi Jones happened 9 days before the 5th anniverary of her father's (Jimmy Jones) suicide.  Is this just a tragic coincidence, event and timing, or are the two events connected?

Reading some of today's posts on Blue it appears Jodie was grounded leading up to the date of the anniversary of her father's death.  Again as per my post above was this a coincidence or something else? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
I see the father's (Jimmy Jones) suicide was as a result of hanging from a tree in their garden.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12401673._apos_A_truly_evil_murder___you_will_rightly_be_regarded_as_wicked_apos__Lucy_Bannerman_finds_how_a_teenage_love_of_music_and_rebellion_ende

Difficult to see how foul play could be involved with that sort of suicide as surely he would put up a struggle and defensive wounds would be apparent?

Still sad for the surviving family members that such tragedy has befallen them not once but twice  &%+((£
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:26:12 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »

It was a suicide brought on by mental illness.

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
Reading some of today's posts on Blue it appears Jodie was grounded leading up to the date of the anniversary of her father's death.  Again as per my post above was this a coincidence or something else?

Coincidence

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
I see the father's (Jimmy Jones) suicide was as a result of hanging from a tree in their garden.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12401673._apos_A_truly_evil_murder___you_will_rightly_be_regarded_as_wicked_apos__Lucy_Bannerman_finds_how_a_teenage_love_of_music_and_rebellion_ende

Difficult to see how foul play could be involved with that sort of suicide as surely he would put up a struggle and defensive wounds would be apparent?

Still sad for the surviving family members that such tragedy has befallen them not once but twice  &%+((£

There were no suspicious circumstances.

I agree, the death of father Jimmy in 1998 and daughter Jodi in 2003 was a hard blow for the Jones family.  What I have found very distasteful however were the insinuations and claims by some Luke Mitchell supporters that son Joseph was in some way involved in the murder of his sister Jodi.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:18:57 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »
It was a suicide brought on by mental illness.

What sort of mental illness?  Ie if depression was it non-specific or some specific life event?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »
There were no suspicious circumstances.

I agree, the death of father Jimmy in 1998 and daughter Jodi in 2003 was a hard blow for the Jones family.  What I have found very distasteful however were the insinuations and claims by some Luke Mitchell supporters that son Joseph was in some way involved in the murder of his sister Jodi.

What reasons(s) do they have, if any, for making these insinuations and claims?

I had wrongly assumed it was a sexually motivated attack.  Were the knife wounds random/frenzied as say with Rachael Nickell or something else? 

Luke was not charged for months? in the meantime were any females suspected?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »
I note in one of SL's posts she refers to the perp as being male.  Is there some reason to rule out a female perp?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
What sort of category does the murder fall into ie it wasnt sexual or burglary?  Maybe a domestic?  Or a random frenzied murder such as that suffered by Rachael Nickell?

Is there any truth in the deliberate cuts to eyelids? 

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 03:25:48 AM »
Were you aware of this Holly?

Jodi Family Suicide; on First Anniversary of Murdered Schoolgirl's Brutal Death, Her Uncle Found Hanged at Home

THE uncle of murdered schoolgirl Jodi Jones has committed suicide - just days after the first anniversary of her death.

Eddie Jones, 54, was found dead at his home.

It is believed the loner, who was not married and had no children, hanged himself.

It is the third tragedy to hit the family in recent years. Jodi's father, postal worker Jimmy Jones, committed suicide six years ago. He, too, was found hanged.

Eddie Jones, who was Jimmy's older brother, died at his home in Dalkeith, Midlothian, on July 2 - two days after the first anniversary of Jodi's murder.

But a source close to the family said his death was not linked to the anniversary, adding that Mr Jones had been experiencing 'personal problems'

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-120404655.html