Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60013 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 02:34:41 PM »
I know exactly what it is but it seems a very odd cause of death in such a young person..

Yes, it does. However, she may have had food digestive issues.;as she does display many complex cognitions. It may well be the family will have a second independant PM when their daughter is released to them.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »
a perforated ulcer is extremely uncommon in a teenager ....afaiaa

I haven't checked into it in any detail, so these are first thoughts.

The time taken to develop such an ulcer is how long?

Does a person with such an ulcer show little or no signs of ill-health until the latter stages of development?

Could Nora have developed such an ulcer shortly before her holiday, or after her disappearance, meaning it went unnoticed by her parents?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »
I haven't checked into it in any detail, so these are first thoughts.

The time taken to develop such an ulcer is how long?

Does a person with such an ulcer show little or no signs of ill-health until the latter stages of development?

Could Nora have developed such an ulcer shortly before her holiday, or after her disappearance, meaning it went unnoticed by her parents?

I havent checked it in any detail either....it all sounds very strange to me. ive heard of lots of peole afsting and hunger strikes...never a burst ulcer

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 03:55:51 PM »
I havent checked it in any detail either....it all sounds very strange to me. ive heard of lots of peole afsting and hunger strikes...never a burst ulcer

The link below explains it well. Forget about the eating disorder diagnosis part. it is related to starving to death -basically how it can happen by starving in a short space of time.

http://www.eatingdisorderexpert.co.uk/stomachproblemsforanorexicsandbulimics.html

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »
The link below explains it well. Forget about the eating disorder diagnosis part. it is related to starving to death -basically how it can happen by starving in a short space of time.

http://www.eatingdisorderexpert.co.uk/stomachproblemsforanorexicsandbulimics.html

Your link is for anorexic and bullimics... No indication of either of those... They are long term conditions and damage is long term... This isn't.. It's short term. Just doesn't seem right... And why are the mentioning stress

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »
Your link is for anorexic and bullimics... No indication of either of those... They are long term conditions and damage is long term... This isn't.. It's short term. Just doesn't seem right... And why are the mentioning stress

Davel, I specifically said to ignore the  diagnosis of AN and Bulimia! I am not insunuating this is a reason.

It describes the affects on the stomach of starving and losing weight at  speed.

"the effects of malnutrition including a weakening of the stomach muscles, ulcers, and stomach “

and this

"often lose a great amount of weight in a short amount of time, leaving them at least 15% below a weight that would be considered healthy for their age and height. This weight loss leaves them with little body fat, but it can also reduce general muscle mass and tone as well, including a weakening of the stomach muscles and possible damage to the nerves which signal the stomach to digest and pass food. If this occurs there can be delays in how efficiently the stomach empties when food is introduced. This situation is often referred to as delayed stomach emptying or gastroparesis."

It would be very strange indeed if this child was not suffering from stress in its most severe form, I would imagine! Being lost in a jungle- foreign country...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 04:32:31 PM »
Davel, I specifically said to ignore the  diagnosis of AN and Bulimia! I am not insunuating this is a reason.

It describes the affects on the stomach of starving and losing weight at  speed.

"the effects of malnutrition including a weakening of the stomach muscles, ulcers, and stomach “

and this

"often lose a great amount of weight in a short amount of time, leaving them at least 15% below a weight that would be considered healthy for their age and height. This weight loss leaves them with little body fat, but it can also reduce general muscle mass and tone as well, including a weakening of the stomach muscles and possible damage to the nerves which signal the stomach to digest and pass food. If this occurs there can be delays in how efficiently the stomach empties when food is introduced. This situation is often referred to as delayed stomach emptying or gastroparesis."

It would be very strange indeed if this child was not suffering from stress in its most severe form, I would imagine! Being lost in a jungle- foreign country...

The article you quoted describes damage over a period of time.. Not several days.. They seem to be blaming stress as a contributing factor to the ulcer... Again it doesn't add up.

There will probably be another autopsy to get to the truth

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 04:37:36 PM »

Some reporter or other came up with a line from the Mayo clinic that stress can cause an ulcer to burst.

First, one needs to get an ulcer!
What's up, old man?

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
The article you quoted describes damage over a period of time.. Not several days.. They seem to be blaming stress as a contributing factor to the ulcer... Again it doesn't add up.

The French have opened up a criminal investigation case, because the father is French this is a normal proceedure. (not against the father I may add)

I lost the bloody cite.  Its in yahoo/huff post. I will retrieve it later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 04:42:04 PM »
Some reporter or other came up with a line from the Mayo clinic that stress can cause an ulcer to burst.

First, one needs to get an ulcer!

Im not sure if there's a lot of truth in that... But again that would be a longstanding ulcer... The ulcer has to eat through the lining... That takes time not days

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 04:49:57 PM »
Im not sure if there's a lot of truth in that... But again that would be a longstanding ulcer... The ulcer has to eat through the lining... That takes time not days

Hmmm yeah, we don't have access to her medical records regarding any prescribed drugs which may have caused a stomach ulcer over a period of time.  She was a poor wee soul. It is hard to believe she survived in that jungle all that time without  being bitten/attacked by animals.

The police have been criticized for using the mums voice to call out to her daughter. I think that was a fantastic idea,especially as she had been exposed to terror in that jungle. Hearing her mums voice if she were alive and wandering,she  would have been able to call out  for help.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »
Hmmm yeah, we don't have access to her medical records regarding any prescribed drugs which may have caused a stomach ulcer over a period of time.  She was a poor wee soul. It is hard to believe she survived in that jungle all that time without  being bitten/attacked by animals.

The police have been criticized for using the mums voice to call out to her daughter. I think that was a fantastic idea,especially as she had been exposed to terror in that jungle. Hearing her mums voice if she were alive and wandering,she  would have been able to call out  for help.

It's hard to believe if she was alive she wasn't found... On this case I'm a sceptic

I've heard of several autopsies where the first is completely contradicted by the second

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »

What about a low grade ulcer already present, then starvation making it acutely worse?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:05 PM »
What about a low grade ulcer already present, then starvation making it acutely worse?

why would a young person her age have  a low grade ulcer...it all seems a little far fetched to me and the signs are the family arent happy with the explanation.....why would a young girl go for a walk in the forest at night ....where are her clothes...why was she found naked... we will have to wait and see.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
why would a young person her age have  a low grade ulcer...it all seems a little far fetched to me and the signs are the family arent happy with the explanation.....why would a young girl go for a walk in the forest at night ....where are her clothes...why was she found naked... we will have to wait and see.
You’d have to question the abilities of the tracker dogs too.  Bloody useless in this case it would seem.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly