Author Topic: The Weapons kept at White House Farm  (Read 18760 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: The Weapons kept at White House Farm
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 12:07:02 PM »
Afaik there were no lockable cupboards for firearms.

Even if there had been none of the guns were in them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 01:14:15 PM »
Even if there had been none of the guns were in them.

That's right firearms in working order were found scattered all over the farmhouse along with hundreds of rounds of ammo.

NB was also involved in a shooting accident whereby a bullet ricocheted off a tree and hit June's father in his eye causing him to lose his sight in that eye.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »
That's right firearms in working order were found scattered all over the farmhouse along with hundreds of rounds of ammo.

NB was also involved in a shooting accident whereby a bullet ricocheted off a tree and hit June's father in his eye causing him to lose his sight in that eye.

Not true

This is becoming farcical
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »
Not true

This is becoming farcical

If you have evidence to the contrary please share.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
If you have evidence to the contrary please share.

I do, but with all due respect can’t be bothered to get it right now (I will do very soon, though)

Meanwhile, maybe you’ll post evidence that working rifles/guns, and loaded rifles/guns were scattered all over the house?

Just to make it interesting I’ll have a bet with you that you can’t...
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 09:16:59 PM »
I do, but with all due respect can’t be bothered to get it right now (I will do very soon, though)

Meanwhile, maybe you’ll post evidence that working rifles/guns, and loaded rifles/guns were scattered all over the house?

Just to make it interesting I’ll have a bet with you that you can’t...

Why doesn't that surprise me? I never mentioned loaded guns in the house btw but there were working guns and ammunition which were not securely locked up.
Result = happy posting.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »
Why doesn't that surprise me? I never mentioned loaded guns in the house btw but there were working guns and ammunition which were not securely locked up.

That doesn't surprise me. The general consensus from farmers, in the early days of having to lock guns away was that they'd never had to and nothing untoward had ever happened. I went into numerous farmhouses in the early 1980's and saw guns laying around.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »

That doesn't surprise me. The general consensus from farmers, in the early days of having to lock guns away was that they'd never had to and nothing untoward had ever happened. I went into numerous farmhouses in the early 1980's and saw guns laying around.

1968 was when the law was introduced. Seventeen years before this case. There was a farmer near us when I was a child in the 1950's who fired his shotgun if he saw us in his fields. Not at us, I'm sure, but we got out of there very quickly. My husband had a shotgun in the 1970's which was kept correctly, but he was ex military.

It wasn't unusual for farmers to be careless with guns and Nevill Bamber was one such. He wasn't careful and safety conscious as some have suggested.
Result = happy posting.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2020, 08:48:13 AM »
1968 was when the law was introduced. Seventeen years before this case. There was a farmer near us when I was a child in the 1950's who fired his shotgun if he saw us in his fields. Not at us, I'm sure, but we got out of there very quickly. My husband had a shotgun in the 1970's which was kept correctly, but he was ex military.

It wasn't unusual for farmers to be careless with guns and Nevill Bamber was one such. He wasn't careful and safety conscious as some have suggested.

I do SO hate sweeping statements. You speak as if you knew Nevill and visited WHF on a regular basis. There may have been occasions when he wasn't AS careful but it doesn't make him generally careless. Re the law regarding firearms. I think there was some sort of change in the early 80's? Something abut hefty fines being introduced?  can remember farming friends muttering darkly about it.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »
I do SO hate sweeping statements. You speak as if you knew Nevill and visited WHF on a regular basis. There may have been occasions when he wasn't AS careful but it doesn't make him generally careless. Re the law regarding firearms. I think there was some sort of change in the early 80's? Something abut hefty fines being introduced?  can remember farming friends muttering darkly about it.

The evidence is that there was no lockable cabinet at White House Farm. The evidence is that there were two or three guns stored in a shower room and two others were stored on a staircase. Ammunition was stored in a cupboard under the stairs which wasn't lockable. As all that evidence shows that the guns and ammunition were not stored safely in accordance with the legal requirements no sweeping statement has been made by me.

In contrast those asserting that Nevill Bamber was careful with his guns based on nothing factual are the ones who have been making sweeping statements in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »
The evidence is that there was no lockable cabinet at White House Farm. The evidence is that there were two or three guns stored in a shower room and two others were stored on a staircase. Ammunition was stored in a cupboard under the stairs which wasn't lockable. As all that evidence shows that the guns and ammunition were not stored safely in accordance with the legal requirements no sweeping statement has been made by me.

In contrast those asserting that Nevill Bamber was careful with his guns based on nothing factual are the ones who have been making sweeping statements in my opinion.

All of which requires verification. 'Careful' is relative to the mores of the time. What was seen as being acceptable then, maybe less so now, and as you point out, your views are only your own opinion.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »
All of which requires verification. 'Careful' is relative to the mores of the time. What was seen as being acceptable then, maybe less so now, and as you point out, your views are only your own opinion.

It's all there in the evidence, so it is verified. I mentioned my opinion in relation to sweeping statements, not gun safety.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2020, 08:49:16 PM »
He probably broke it open to make sure it wasn't loaded.

Shotgun photo and PC Collins' statement resized...

Spot on, Myster  8((()*/

It’s blatantly obvious to intelligent people that the PO took the rifle from the gun locker

Incredibly so

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2020, 08:59:44 PM »
Thank you Holly. I did know that actually. My husband had a shotgun (and a licence). His first action on entering the house with it was to lock it away.

So, given that Jeremy Bamber had grown up on a farm surrounded by shotguns, surely his first action when allegedly coming back to the farmhouse after supposedly trying to shoot rabbits would have been to lock the rifle securely away?

Especially knowing his “nutter sister” as he described Sheila, and his two six-year-old nephews were inside the house?

Who’d leave a loaded gun lying around when there’s a “nutter” in the house, including children? Eh?

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2020, 09:04:50 PM »
It seems that Nevill Bamber was prepared to play fast and loose with the firearms laws in more ways than one.

Have you evidence of that?

If so, all the more that Jeremy would have used Nevill’s alleged laxness by leaving a loaded firearm around...

However, I don’t believe for a second that Jeremy left that loaded rifle for people to spot: he HID it for his return